Free Shaw Brothers Films on YouTube From Celestial

Ronin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Pan Lei's POISONOUS ROSE from 1966, with English subs. 

That's of course from the ZiiEagle box, perfectly watchable.

Chemical Lemon

and Kidnap.  This one is actually one of my favorites, what I wouldn't give for them to upgrade this to HD and give a subtitled release

Rodolphe Dux

Cool. It would be very cool if Celestial had a streaming service, dedicated to shaw brothers, there are so many SB titles out of print like Knight of knights...

Not less than 96 movies when I just took a look to the link today !!

A lot of rare from the ZiiEagle, or ver hard to find and out of prints ones and...The killer has no return !

Of course, no subtitles...

4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Not less than 96 movies when I just took a look to the link today !!

A lot of rare from the ZiiEagle, or ver hard to find and out of prints ones and...The killer has no return !

Of course, no subtitles...

Yep, a lot of good stuff were uploaded.

Due to licensing agreements they cannot upload any full length movies with any subtitles (English or Chinese).

However, with no subtitles on there, that would be an opportunity to make some very good customs as this is a clean "unobstructed" print.

Chu Yuan's THE KILLER has now optional English Subtitles added to the Celestial youtube Version among others.

you can save them as srt and use to customize the German DVD, if not done before yet.

I will finally knock you down dad! with subs🤯..

This afternoons viewing is obvious...been wanting to see this some time...

It was quite good one..some of comedy was dire but chen kuan tai, kao fei, lily li and chin siu ho did well in their roles. Not so much action but what was offered, decent. Specially kao fei vs chin siu ho.

I am surprise that they are still up.

They usually take them down after a few days or even hours/minutes and replace them with a trailer or clip.

There were a few that they uploaded but immediately took down.

There were a few that previously didn't have English subtitles that now have them.

I wonder what is going on.

22 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Kidnap and Cheeky Little Angels are even not allowed in my country...

Perhaps kidnap is illegal in your country, I'm pretty sure it is in a lot of countries. As for angels I'm not too sure how their generally regarded in law, especially not cheeky little ones.  

But seriously I couldn't find Cheeky Little Angels, as for Kidnap for me it displays the message: 'Video unavailable The uploader has not made this video available.'

Yes, it's the same message I have.

The running time of Kidnap is mentioned as around 2 hours. Is it the same for the IVL dvd?

Curse of evil and avengers from hell look very interesting. No subs but I guess best to watch them now as have chance, just read plot description first to make it easier to stay on the ride.

1 hour ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

as for Kidnap for me it displays the message: 'Video unavailable The uploader has not made this video available.

That was one of the movies that was uploaded and them immediately removed.

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Yes, it's the same message I have.

The running time of Kidnap is mentioned as around 2 hours. Is it the same for the IVL dvd?

I just check the back of my DVD cover and it states 122 minutes.

Archived