Free Shaw Brothers Films on YouTube From Celestial

Ronin

Celestial just added some free SB films to their YouTube channel, BUT... they are in Chinese with no English subtitles, are in standard definition (SD) and are only available for a month. There are no martial arts or action films at the moment. The films are:

UGLY TYCOON

MAN CRAZY

THE STUD AND THE NYMPHO

NAUGHTY SCANDALS

THE FOXY LADIES

THE VIRGINS

Yikes. Enjoy :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @Ronin

Foxy Ladies has a bit of fighting in it, but without subs probably too hard to follow.

I don't think Man Crazy ever came out in any version yet? At least that I know of.

The Virgins and Stud and the Nympho aren't martial arts film but were pretty good, without subs though probably not worth it.

2 hours ago, panku said:

I don't think Man Crazy ever came out in any version yet? At least that I know of.

I think that you are right.

4 hours ago, Ronin said:

Celestial just added some free SB films to their YouTube channe

Is there a link to this channel, please ?

Chemical Lemon

I saw these go up last night too, and some additional ones tonight (Story of Taxi Dancers, The Demon Wet Nurse, ... I'm sure some others).

I'm trying to make sense of it.  Why category III films?  Why *mostly* movies that were never released on dvd or vcd.  Is this there way of admitting that these will probably never be released in a marketable fashion?  never get scanned in hd?  maybe just putting them into the ether so the SD scans exist permanently and they can move on and forget them?  They can't possibly be gauging interest in these can they?  Maybe they intend to make them free for a month and then add these for purchase (I would think at extremely low price).  The Foxy Ladies did have a vcd release with english subtitles, so clearly they have subs for that one.  It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  The whole putting it up for a month thing seems like a typical streaming monthly plan thing.  maybe they're working up to that.... but again..... I wouldn't expect them to kick anything off with category III films.  It's just so bizarre.  I'm thrilled though that it seems like there's a chance many of the unreleased movies will at least find some outlet, even if it's SD with no subs.

Here's hoping there are some action/martial arts/horror movies on the way and that they are purchasable at some point.  Or I could probably get behind a streaming version of the celestial channel if they were going to make that available internationally.  Would definitely want english subs or audio options though.

5 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Would definitely want english subs or audio options though.

And if not possible, at least, Mandarin language, because it's very difficult to understand what's going on in Cantonese language...

5 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Here's hoping there are some action/martial arts/horror movies on the way

Maybe they are testing if itheir system works before putting these genres on youtube too...And I strongly hope that they'll put martial arts movies, and maybe gems such as THe bandits, The boxers, Imperial tomb raiders, Hell Gate and so on...

13 hours ago, Chemical Lemon said:

I'm trying to make sense of it.

Besides The Virgins (which has now been removed) and the Demon Wet Nurse, which was made in 1991 they are all films directed by Lui Kei. Most of his films are unavailable or only available on VCD or the Ziieagle box.

Lui Kei Shaw Brothers films. Only 5 were put out on DVD. Don't think any have been put out in HD, online or blu ray yet.

Sexy Playgirls (1973) (VCD / Ziieagle)
Adultery Chinese Style (1973) (VCD / Ziieagle)
Sexy Girls of Denmark (1973) (DVD)
Women of Desire (1974) (DVD)
Mini-Skirt Gang (1974) (DVD)
Romance in Paris (1975) (Unreleased)
Girl's Diary (1975) (Unreleased)
The Hooker and the Hustler (1975) (Unreleased)
Girls for Sale (1976) (Unreleased)
Oriental Playgirls (1976) (Unreleased)
Starlets for Sale (1977) (VCD / Ziieagle)
Mysterious Lady Killer (1977) (Unreleased)
Delinquent Teenagers (1978) (Unreleased)
Naughty Scandals (1979) (Ziieagle)
The Foxy Ladies (1979) (VCD / Ziieagle)
The Stud and the Nymph (1980) (DVD)
Story of Taxi Dancers (1981) (Celestial Youtube)
Sexy Career Girls (1981) (VCD / Ziieagle)
Man Crazy (1982) (Celestial Youtube)
36 Secrets of Courtship (1982) (DVD)
Ugly Tycoon (1984) (Ziieagle)
Wives and Lovers (1985) (Unreleased)

NoKUNGFUforYU

Pretty simple. If they get a lot of views, then Celestial gets paid. Maybe the old softcore stuff didn't sell after pressing VCD and DVD's, but may do ok as a youtube. I think the return on views is $2000 for 1,000,000 views. Just put them up and forget it.

On 10/24/2018 at 9:28 PM, panku said:

Romance in Paris (1975) (Unreleased)

There are now some copies floating around in Chinese and Taiwanese sites (probably the same seller on both sites, but I'm not sure).

I had understood that the movies uploaded on teh youtube channel were supposed to stahy there for only one month, but it's been a month now since Man crazy, story of taxi dancers and others have been uploaded and no new title on  sight...

I hope that they won't stop offering their movies, even if they aren't martial arts movies...

On 11/26/2018 at 3:46 PM, ShawAngela said:

There are now some copies floating around in Chinese and Taiwanese sites (probably the same seller on both sites, but I'm not sure).

Thanks!

On 11/26/2018 at 3:48 PM, ShawAngela said:

I had understood that the movies uploaded on teh youtube channel were supposed to stahy there for only one month, but it's been a month now since Man crazy, story of taxi dancers and others have been uploaded and no new title on  sight...

I hope that they won't stop offering their movies, even if they aren't martial arts movies...

They are now all gone.

Not a single new title in sight for 2 weeks, now !! :bs_firey:

I wonder if it is that they don't have any new title that would fit on their channel, or if it is that they stopped because there weren't enough people watching...

Does anyone have tried to contact them and know what happens with their offer of watching free movies for just one month ?

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 12/21/2018 at 12:54 PM, ShawAngela said:

Not a single new title in sight for 2 weeks, now !! :bs_firey:

I wonder if it is that they don't have any new title that would fit on their channel, or if it is that they stopped because there weren't enough people watching...

Does anyone have tried to contact them and know what happens with their offer of watching free movies for just one month ?

NoKUNGFUforYU

For those of you that don't have a bunch of money to be each and every legit movie, here is Challenge of the Masters (NO I DID NOT UPLOAD IT).

Now, if you really like it, buy the blu ray.

NoKUNGFUforYU
10 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Shaw Bros films turning up on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwmIC59he-Kh2rqTbzq7fw/featured

Mostly dramas and no English subtitles but new ones are being put up almost daily and also has some rare older films that are not from Shaw.

If any of your have the itch to watch the Invisible Girl with a very young Lily Li, it's on there with subs. It is really not very good, I didn't finish it, but hey, it is Lily Li...

On 2/21/2019 at 11:38 AM, De Ming Li said:

Shaw Bros films turning up on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwmIC59he-Kh2rqTbzq7fw/featured

Mostly dramas and no English subtitles but new ones are being put up almost daily and also has some rare older films that are not from Shaw.

The guy has uploaded four movies with Diana Chang Chung Wen, inlcuding Cathay's Calendar girl in excellent quality print, for those who are interested.

Titles : Rivals in love ; Wild fantasies ; Blazing charmer (with Shaws' actors Chin Feng and Huang Chung Hsing) and Calendar girl (with Lo Wei and Peter Chen Ho)

I don't know if any of you has watched the movie Blazing charmer (She stes my heart on fire), but I spotted Ou Wei in it and the end of the movie, playing a waiter who kicks Huang Chung Hsing.

Some movies had been added to Ou Wei's filmography on hkmdb recently, but this one isn't mentioned.

Archived