Mike Fury's Life of Action II - New Book

DragonClaws

Life-of-Action.jpg?fit=770,472&ssl=1

Author, chroeographer, and stuntman Mike Fury is currently working on the sequel to his highly popular and informative Life of Action book, released in 2015.

Here are just some of the people, who are on board, and set to feature within the pages of this follow up book.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

How did Tony Jaa not make it into the 1st one? Mondo bizarre.

Other commitments at the time?.

• Administrator
On 10/18/2018 at 9:54 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

How did Tony Jaa not make it into the 1st one? Mondo bizarre.

I just saw this thread.

@ShaOW!linDude these books are not Mike's listing of the most important or the best in the industry (though he certainly strives to include those people), they are actually made up of interviews with action stars. So he simply may not have been able to procure an interview with Jaa before. As I'm sure you can imagine, because of demand for their time it's not easy to get to speak with the top people in the industry (I'm still waiting for Jackie Chan to give me a call-back 😄). Still, Mike's first book had a great mix of both well-known stars, directors, fight choreographers, and also less famous, but no less talented action cinema contributors. I enjoyed reading their different perspectives.

• Administrator

Yeah! Got mine on pre-order.

The first book is fantastic, and I've been excited to read a follow-up from the moment I read the last page.

Hey @ShaOW!linDude, Tony Jaa is in this one.

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

If not for the pandemic I'd say mine should be arriving any day now. But it will most likely be held up in slow delivery due to the upswing in online orders overwhelming delivery personnel.

No doubt it will be worth the wait.

Cool book, but the real question is: Did Mike Fury legally change his name? If not, that would be cool if his dad's name was "Fist". 

Archived