Jiu Jitsu (2020): Alain Moussi, Nicolas Cage, Tony Jaa, Frank Grillo

AlbertV

DragonClaws

Hey @DrNgor, looks like we will see some double Tonfa based choreography in this one. If the Instagram picture in the post above is anything to go by. I'll forever associate the weapon with the Jackie Chan directed sequence in Spiritual Kung Fu (1978).

• Like 2

"Jim" is Supoj Khaowwong, who also was stunt coordinator on the Thailand-based shoot of Kickboxer: Vengeance and Kickboxer: Retaliation

Shooting has already finished after six weeks. 

• Like 3

I hope I’m not the only one that thinks this bit this one looks like loads of fun! It’s like Predator but with martial arts.

And it’s obvious that Nic Cage is very much in on the joke. It looks like he’ll be batshit crazy in this one.

Shockingly, I’m on board.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

NoKUNGFUforYU

Tae Kwon Wu Shu Jitsu! It looks like Donnie Yen is the only one that really knows how to insert MMA and Jiu Jitsu into films and look good at it. It's not easy, the Gracie's fights looked like gay oil wrasslin' (not that there's anything wrong with that!) at the end of Lethal Weapon for one of the worst climactic fights in movie history. But on the flip side, Jiu Jitsu, whether Brazilian or Japanese classical style, is grappling with a few well placed strikes, so what can you expect?  It is not the prefered form of combat for active military encounters as well, so, this sort of makes this look like a bad Predator knock off, or, at best, a remake of that Keith Cooke movie, Heatseeker. I mean while call it Jiu Jitsu if it's all flying kicks, etc? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/heres-what-happened-when-ufc-fighters-took-on-marine-corps-martial-arts-experts-2015-8

• Like 4

I’m a big MMA fan, and a lot of fans on those Facebook pages are ripping this movie to shreds... BUT I think it looks awesome. Very cheesy, and I’m sure the cage fight will be the worst of all (but somehow pegged as the main fight I’m sure like reeves was in man of tai chi) sign me up! 

• Like 5

I think the title of the movie is misleading. If you see a movie with a title "Jiu Jitsu" you either hope to watch:

1. An MMA cage fighting movie.

2. A traditional Japanese movie during the Edo - Meiji Era about the raise of Jiu jitsu - Judo.

3. A contemporary movie with street fights and a hero that learns/use jiu jitsu to fight against bad guys.

The Least you expect to watch with that title is a cyber Predator Alien fighter with swords-shuriken stars, Commandos w machine guns and Power Ranges style of choreography with Nicolas Cage throw in. LoL!

As i said before, i just hope Its decent and if i it doesn't try to take itself too serious, it could be a fun watch (specially if Nic Cage can fly!!!!)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, edher_M.A. said:

I think the title of the movie is misleading. If you see a movie with a title "Jiu Jitsu" you either hope to watch:

1. An MMA cage fighting movie.

2. A traditional Japanese movie during the Edo - Meiji Era about the raise of Jiu jitsu - Judo.

3. A contemporary movie with street fights and a hero that learns/use jiu jitsu to fight against bad guys.

The Least you expect to watch with that title is a cyber Predator Alien fighter with swords-shuriken stars, Commandos w machine guns and Power Ranges style of choreography with Nicolas Cage throw in. LoL!

As i said before, i just hope Its decent and if i it doesn't try to take itself too serious, it could be a fun watch (specially if Nic Cage can fly!!!!)

I was hoping more of the third option, you mentioned. I might see it even so

• Like 4