Jiu Jitsu (2020): Alain Moussi, Nicolas Cage, Tony Jaa, Frank Grillo

AlbertV

Alain Moussi is re-teaming with the man behind the Kickboxer reboot series, Dimitri Logothetis, on a sci-fi martial arts film called Jiu-Jitsu. Moussi holds blackbelts in Jiu-Jitsu under John Therien and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos Machado so if the title is indicated right, he will get to show off those skills. There was a majorly rumored big name that was confirmed by Moussi himself but since he deleted the post, I won't name it as of yet until there is absolute confirmation.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Alain Moussi is re-teaming with the man behind the Kickboxer reboot series, Dimitri Logothetis, on a sci-fi martial arts film called Jiu-Jitsu. Moussi holds blackbelts in Jiu-Jitsu under John Therien and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Carlos Machado so if the title is indicated right, he will get to show off those skills. There was a majorly rumored big name that was confirmed by Moussi himself but since he deleted the post, I won't name it as of yet until there is absolute confirmation.

Remember this being talked about on the Kung Fu Moive Guide Pod-Cast, when Alain Moussi, was on the show.

The recent Kickboxer movies pushed the physical limits, of what a human character can do on screen. What they going to cook up, with the added Sci-Fi elements?.

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude
3 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The recent Kickboxer movies pushed the physical limits, of what a human character can do on screen.

They did?
I mean, they were fairly solid action-wise. I find the 1st better than the 2nd. Don't jthink I'd say they pushed the physical limits of the character or the actor though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

They did?
I mean, they were fairly solid action-wise. I find the 1st better than the 2nd. Don't jthink I'd say they pushed the physical limits of the character or the actor though.

The Kurt Sloane character must have hit Mongkut, from every angle, with those spin kicks of his. I'm not usre there was a part of the giant villian, which didnt get hit at least twenty times. Thats before the hero got a super charge of villians secret performance enhancer. Not to mention he survived a super human beating, before making a Rocky style come-back.

ShaOW!linDude
14 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The Kurt Sloane character must have hit Mongkut, from every angle, with those spin kicks of his. I'm not usre there was a part of the giant villian, which didnt get hit at least twenty times. Thats before the hero got a super charge of villians secret performance enhancer. Not to mention he survived a super human beating, before making a Rocky style come-back.

Ah. I thought you referring to the actual physical performance of the fight choreography, not performance of the character' battle, which in the 2nd one I still find to be overly drawn out and very one-sided.

Add to Tony Jaa name to the cast list, according to The Action Elite.

Dimitri Logothetis is set to direct Alain Moussi and Tony Jaa in the upcoming martial arts flick Jiu Jitsu which is apparently based on the comic of the same name. Alain Moussi posted the news about Jaa joining the project on his Instagram.

On 10/6/2018 at 3:20 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Alain Moussi + Dimitri Logothetis = I'm out.

The presence of Tony Jaa spike your interest a little?.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

The presence of Tony Jaa spike your interest a little?.

Moussi had put this on his Instagram but then deleted the post, so I'm guessing there's still some kinks to be worked out before an official announcement?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Moussi had put this on his Instagram but then deleted the post, so I'm guessing there's still some kinks to be worked out before an official announcement?

Hope he does get to appear in the movie, and it's not just a minor cameo appearance.

Full Synopsis of Jiu Jitsu, from The Film Catalogue

Every six years, an ancient order of expert Jiu Jitsu fighters faces a vicious race of alien invaders in a battle for Earth. For thousands of years, the fighters that protect Earth have won...until now. When Jake Barnes, a celebrated war hero and master Jiu Jitsu fighter, is defeated by Brax, the indomitable leader of the invaders, the future of humanity hangs in the balance. Injured and suffering from severe amnesia, Jake is captured by a military squad unequipped to fight the merciless intruders who have descended upon the planet. After a brutal alien attack on the military squad, Jake is rescued by Wylie, Keung and his team of fellow Jiu Jitsu fighters who must help him recover his memory and regain his strength in order to band together and defeat Brax in an epic battle that will once again determine the fate of mankind.

The Film Catalogue has listed it in their pre-production titles and Tony Jaa's name is listed as well there. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Nicolas Cage has joined the cast as Wylie, a fellow Jiu-Jitsu fighter who must help Alain's character of Jake regain his memory. 

https://ew.com/movies/2019/03/19/nicolas-cage-jiu-jitsu/

Tony Jaa said there have been talks about him joining but nothing has been finalized in a recent interview. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Alain Moussi has confirmed that Jiu-Jitsu will shoot this summer in Cyprus and after that film, they are spearheading into Kickboxer: Armageddon

• Like 2

Tony Jaa is officially in the film along with Frank Grillo, Juju Chan,  Rick Yune,  and Marie Avgeropoulos. Shooting is set to begin very shortly as Moussi and crew are in Cyprus. 

https://filmcombatsyndicate.com/jiu-jitsu-grillo-chan-jaa-and-more-join-moussi-cage-martial-arts-sci-fi-thriller/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

MV5BZGM0ZjU0YjgtNTAwOS00ZDhkLWI1ZTQtNDJk

Australian stuntman Ryan Tarran has been cast as the villain Brax, an alien fighter who takes on Moussi's Jake. According to IMDB, Randy Couture has also been cast in the film.

The original 2017 graphic novel is available on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Jiu-Jitsu-Dimitri-Logothetis/dp/0692863168/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=jiu+jitsu+dimitri&qid=1560191670&s=gateway&sr=8-1

• Like 2

According to the movie's official Instagram story posted today, Marrese Crump and Rigan Machado have joined the cast. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 1

Dan Rizzuto has also joined the cast. For those unfamiliar with the name, he is the fight choreographer on some of WWE Studios' films, including 12 Rounds II & III, The Marine 4, and two films from Frank Grillo's War Party Films, El Chicano and Boss Level. Rizzuto is a BJJ black belt, a Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts expert as well. 

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Waiting for some on-set pictures of Nicholas Cage's character.

Wait no more! Shooting has officially begun...

• Like 3

DragonClaws
6 hours ago, AlbertV said:

Wait no more! Shooting has officially begun...

Spooky, first on set picture turns features Nic Cage himself.

• Like 2

More Nic Cage...this time with Alain Moussi and Dimitri Logothetis. Looks like they are rehearsing a scene together.

• Like 3

The gang's all here (Nic Cage rocking the Bruce Lee shirt and even like Frank Grillo's shirt LOL)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, AlbertV said:

The gang's all here (Nic Cage rocking the Bruce Lee shirt and even like Frank Grillo's shirt LOL)

Great picture.

Looks like Nic Cage has trimmed up for his role here, he looked to let himself go after his role in Ghost Rider(2007).

• Like 2