Spider Man: Into The Spider Verse

Koravec

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to say if Ill end up seeing this in theatres or not. I really like Spider Man as a super hero, most people do. I also think the spider-verse web warriors is a really cool concept, if not overdoing it on the alternate-comic hero phenomenon. Homecoming was good, pretty forgettable apon leaving the theatre in my opinion though. 

This seems to be going with the theme of adapting things into animation, taking after Pixar's Incredibles hype or Star Wars animated tv adaptions. The last animated movie I saw in theatres was Pixar's Coco, and before that who knows when. No kids, so its hard to say if Ill catch it. I like to think I probably will. Looks decent enough, though the idea of animated Marvel films does seem strange. Probably the first theatre release since Big Hero 6 (still need to catch that one, heard good things). My interest (and appeal) of 3d animated movies has waned over the years, the style really has begun to look ugly to me. Though I did have to catch Coco as Ratatouille has always been a favorite of mine, and it followed the formula of that one.

Really fun and cool movie. The animation style is fast paced and looks great, part comic book, part attention deficit (a good thing imo). Looks great on the big screen. Falls apart in some places, but impressive in more.  Relatively decent visual and musical (nice hiphop soundtrack) tribute to New York City in the first half hour or so. I particularly enjoy when movies show a bit of the city. The hereos are noticeably weaker than the villains which is sort of a problem in terms of fighting. Felt like the alternate Spider-people were more silly rather than practical valiants of the character. Although I am looking some of them up at the moment and seeing that they were actual books prior to the film.

I liked and enjoyed this more than Spiderman Homecoming, which I thought was good but not a big fan of. I would definelty watch a sequel to this, of Homecoming, probably not. Worth checking out if you like Spiderman.

Drunken Monk

One of my top ten movies of 2018. It was just enjoyable from start to finish. I'm glad they didn't focus too much on the sillier characters (Spider-Ham is a glorified cameo) and stuck to the main two (three if you include Spider-Gwen).
The action gets a bit daft at the end and it all feels like the animators yelling "Look what we can do!" but, otherwise, it's a beautiful animated, well paced Spider-Man film. And as cliched as it sounds, it's fun for the whole family.

A Japanese live action tokusatsu Spider-Man (Supaidaman) series from Toei Company played on TV there from May 1978 to March 1979.  "Young motorcycle racer Takuya Yamashiro sees a UFO falling to earth, in fact a space warship named the 'Marveller' from the planet 'Spider'...  [At the Marveller, Takuya] discovers the last survivor of Spider, who gives him a bracelet that gives him special spider-like powers and the ability to control the ship and transform it into a giant robot called 'Leopardon' for battle.  Using his powers, he fights Professor Monster's... evil Iron Cross Army,.. an alien group that plans to rule the universe."  (From http://tokusatsu.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man)

"Spider-Verse producer Phil Lord has some ideas to bring the version of Spider-Man back, this time to the big screen in a potential Spider-Verse sequel.  Lord confirmed that the tokusatsu hero would appear in the next Spider-Verse film, given that the first one garners at least US$200 million at the U.S. box office."  (From https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-03/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-producer-promises-tokusatsu-version-in-potential-sequel/.141601 

Here is Supaidaman in action in the Japanese Spider-Man Opening - 

ShaOW!linDude

Oh man. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is just...just...it's just a gorgeous, eye-smacking piece of cinematic art. It is quite literally visually stunning to watch. Solid story; the right touch of humor; thrilling action; and to me the neatest thing about it is how inner monologues are accompanied with word boxes, like a comic book page onscreen. Not gonna lie; while familiar with the character, never cared to read any of the Miles Morales story line of Spider-Man (or Spider-Gwen's either). No one is Spidey except Peter Parker as far as I'm concerned. The take on Spidey's villains was interesting. And I loved that the Prowler made a big screen appearance. (I think the original version of the character deserves a showcasing.) 

Best of all, when I watched this last night, it was just me and 2 other people in theater. Sah-weet!

Im surprised they havent put out a comicbook series for Peni Parker, seems like an obvious and easy cash grab. After initially rolling my eyes at the character and concept of her powers, I have to say that now Im intrigued by the idea haha.

btw did the Kingpin character depiction crack anyone else up? Me and my brother were laughing wayy too hard at him, how his gigantic black figure would take up the entire screen and his little head was positioned so much lower into his body 

whitesnake

Article - "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse's Japanese Animators Share Their Experiences" at https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-04-30/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-japanese-animators-share-their-experiences/.146277  

"Four Japanese animators who worked on the 2018 CG animated film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse shared their experiences on the production with the Japanese magazine CG World.  The animators discussed the cultural differences between American and Japanese animation productions, the anime inspirations for Spider-Verse, what they believe Japanese animators can learn from Spider-Verse, and more."

Archived