Peter Yang Kwan

ShawAngela

I love this actor (yes, another one !!).

I saw first saw him in Queen boxer, Knight of old Cathay, 14th daughter of the Hsin's family The greatest fight, Son of swordsman and The ammunition hunters and of course in the Shaws' movies he appeared in and he became one of my favourite actors too.

I came across his filmography today and saw that it had been updated with a lot of movies I had never heard of, but maybe some of you did, so, here are the titles for which I'd like to know if any of you ever heard of them or know where to find them...

The horrible night 1963

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=13978&display_set=eng

Sword devil 1968

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=15644&display_set=eng

The quadrals of the Los 1968

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=18789&display_set=eng

General Kuan 1969

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=11046&display_set=eng

Storm over the Yang Tze river 1969

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=14212&display_set=eng

I know that his latter has recently been restored by the Taiwan Archives and if I'm not mistaken, it's even English subbed (there's a clip on youtube), so, I'd love to find a dvd of it !!

I don't mention the musicals or romance ones and also the older ones, but I'd love to find them too !

• Like 2

Thanks ! 

There is a movie with Cheung Ching Ching that has surfaced : " The other woman " and it looks like a very good romance movie in which Yang Kanw and Cheung Ching Ching play very well. I had also watched some martial arts movies in which they pair very well too.

• Like 1

While looking for a link for Panku, I just came across the movie The quadrals of the los, titled here as Four tigers from Law Gate.

I'm SO HAPPY to have found it !!

Here is a link for thjose who are interested in this movie ; I'll watch it as soon as possible !

ikt comes from NoKungFuForYou's  "best friend " (of course, I'm joking !!) :bs_coveredlaugh:

And I just realize that the picture is absolutely not the good one, since neither Tsang Kong nor Siao Fong Fong play in the movie they show !

• Like 2

And I also just found that FLK show this movie in their catalog ; I don't know since when they have it..

Could it be that people from FLK and this youtuber Wu Tang Clan are the same people ?

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

He is one of those guys that sort of caught the tale end of the Kung Fu boom. I mean he was in Queen Boxer, but his big blockbuster was Cathay's From The Highway, which I am pretty sure was never released in most non Asian markets (I did see an Italian poster). He did a great acting job in that (their biggest hit, and predates Wang Yu's Chinese Boxer) but it was the only one Cathay made with him and he drifted out of Kung Fu movies (who can blame him!? None of those guys got paid any more or less for their roles) and into dramas and even some erotica and comedies. But he did do some great swordplay in the late 60's! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

He is one of those guys that sort of caught the tale end of the Kung Fu boom. I mean he was in Queen Boxer, but his big blockbuster was Cathay's From The Highway, which I am pretty sure was never released in most non Asian markets (I did see an Italian poster). He did a great acting job in that (their biggest hit, and predates Wang Yu's Chinese Boxer) but it was the only one Cathay made with him and he drifted out of Kung Fu movies (who can blame him!? None of those guys got paid any more or less for their roles) and into dramas and even some erotica and comedies. But he did do some great swordplay in the late 60's! 

He also did a good job in The Ammunition Hunters, as the archetype roving hero on horseback coming to save a village from ruthless bandits

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 2

He also played in Cathay's The story of Qin Xiang Lian with Li Lihua.

His filmography is very impressive and he played in a lot of martial arts movies.

Also, I guess that you mean he did only one martial arts for Cathay, because he played in some other movies for Cathay and MPGI (before it was called Cathay) :

Mambo girl ; Our sister Hedy ; Golden Lotus 1957 ; Scarlet doll ; The wayward husband ; our dream car ; Torrents of spring ; THe iron fist ; The Ape-girl Meng Lai She ; Mung Li Chuen ; The lost spring.

• Like 2

And I forgot to mention that Yang Kwan was also very active in TV series :

TVB The Shell Game

ATV Some series on gambling, I don't remember the titles at this moment, but there are at least 2 or 3 series

• Like 1

Cognoscente

It's curious that he never did a film with Lu Feng despite playing a character named after him in Old Soldiers Never Die.

• Like 1