I Am Vengeance: Retaliation aka Vengeance 2 (2020) - Stu Bennett, Vinnie Jones, Jean-Paul Ly

AlbertV

Ross Boyask has confirmed it! He's reuniting with Stu Bennett on a sequel to Vengeance (I Am Vengeance)...sounds like shooting begins next week!

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8972556/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Looks like Jean-Paul Ly and Laurent Plancel are joining the cast with Vinnie Jones as the lead villain and Tim Man is the film's fight choreographer, according to IMDB (grain of salt?)

From Evolutionary Films:
Former special-forces soldier John Gold is given the opportunity to bring Sean Teague - the man who betrayed his team on their final mission in Eastern Europe several years ago - to justice. Gold would cheerfully see Teague dead, but he is convinced to help transport him to a military prison to pay for his crimes. Along the way, Gold will have to fight off Teague's team who are attempting to extract him, as well as a sniper seemingly hell-bent on killing Teague before he can be secured.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, AlbertV said:

Ross Boyask has confirmed it! He's reuniting with Stu Bennett on a sequel to Vengeance (I Am Vengeance)...sounds like shooting begins next week!

Great news, but when's the first film out on Blu-Ray/DVD in the U.K?.

I wonder if this one will be like Scott Adkin's Ninja films are the two Wolf Warriors where the first films are largely ignored in favor of the sequel.

14 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I wonder if this one will be like Scott Adkin's Ninja films are the two Wolf Warriors where the first films are largely ignored in favor of the sequel.

Still havent got round to watching th first film, but its on my radar, but cant comment on it. Enjoyed both Ninja films, never wactched any of the Wolf Warrior series.

Productions now wrapped on Vengeance 2.

• Like 2

somehow missed Alberts original thread 

It's a wrap for Vengeance 2

http://cityonfire.com/jailbreak-star-jean-paul-ly-joins-ross-boyasks-vengeance-2/

Stu Bennett (formerly WWE's Wade Barrett), Vinnie Jones & Jailnbreak's Jean-Paul Ly with choreography by Tim Man, hell yes!  Ross Boyask at the helm

DSC01132.thumb.jpeg.2d01d5b4ebdb791a9f5e66ff155b8e54.jpeg

Edited by Mike Leeder
clarity
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk

Granted, I haven’t seen the first one but this trailer didn’t do much for me. Just looks like your bog standard action movie.

12 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Granted, I haven’t seen the first one but this trailer didn’t do much for me. Just looks like your bog standard action movie.

That seems right, on the other hand the first one was a giant stinker with no budget and at times amateurishly filmed so even this average b-action-trailer seems like a huge improvement.

ShaOW!linDude

Never watched the first one due to lack of interest, but caught this on Netflix last night because...well, just because.

Tim Man did the fight choreography, but it's nothing to get excited about. It's pretty standard fight fare, but there's a nice move here and there. Actually, the supporting cast shows some nice talent, far more than Stu What's-his-face.

Jean Paul Ly is in this, but he doesn't get to do anything until the finale. His fight is by far the best.

Honestly, the women have the best fight scenes in the movie. Still need some polishing, but they're pretty good.

Watch it.

You'll have fun and laugh at the character inconsistency. ("You can't kill him. He should go to prison" "The choice is yours: kill him or don't.")

Make a drinking game out of the number of times the villain escapes because the hero(es) just walk off and leave him unattended so they have to chase him down again.

And shake your head in bewilderment until it falls off your shoulders at how professional mercenaries can be worse shots than a stormtrooper in a Star Wars movie.

• Like 1