Help with Yagyu Conspricy

Guest Mantis FIST

Guest Mantis FIST

Hi I just rented it last night. What a Cool film. I've not seen many Ninja/Japanese films outside of Kurosawa and Shogun Assassin. Question: Is this the same Jubei Yagyu that the anime Ninja Scroll is based on? Thanks. Now I know where that Sonny Chiba pic at the top comes from. :rollin

Any other movies that are good and simillar to Yagyu Conspricy? Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chiba2000

Nope it's not the same Jubei.

If you like Yagyu Conspiracy movie, get the TV-series, "Yagyu Conspiracy" and "Yagyu Jubei Abare Tabi", both starring Chiba as Mr Bad-Ass-one-eyed Jubei! :) Samurai Reincarnation from 1980's something also has him, wait for Media Blasters DVD release, DONT buy any other release, they are all cut CRAP!. And a movie called "Iemitsu Tokugawa.....something" has a few cool guest apperances by Chiba as Yagyu Jubei, actually it was the last time Chiba played one-eyed Jubei, great movie, Wakayama is in it too.

/Chiba2000 8)

Guest kungfusamurai
Any other movies that are good and simillar to Yagyu Conspricy? Thanks

Outside of the Zatoichi, Lone Wolf & Cub films, you might want to check out 1989's 'Shogun's Shadow'. It's more of a pop-samurai flick rather than the more serious and 'deep' films of the golden era of samurai film ('60's to early 70's).

KFS

Archived