The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 2/17/2023 at 1:17 PM, saltysam said:

1.5 seconds apparently

Good thing I held off and decided to get the Film Movement Region A release out in April which will be uncensored.

Can someone give a short comment for  the vampire movies and burning paradise considering martial arts? I always wanted to watch the vampire movies but I'll just buy them when they are martialarts based (due to financial issues :( )

I am so hyped! Love Paradise and been wanting to watch more Mr Vampire since I got the 1st one. Hopefully it's a nice boxset, I wouldn't mind if they reissued the 1st one in it. Hopefully we also see Encounter of the Spooky Kind 2 from someone (hopefully Eureka) soon too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Can someone give a short comment for  the vampire movies and burning paradise considering martial arts? I always wanted to watch the vampire movies but I'll just buy them when they are martialarts based (due to financial issues :( )

Burning Paradise is a kung fu classic. Plenty of fark, violent martial arts action. Definitely a must for genre fans.

• Like 3

TigerCage1990
2 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Can someone give a short comment for  the vampire movies and burning paradise considering martial arts? I always wanted to watch the vampire movies but I'll just buy them when they are martial arts based (due to financial issues :( )

Burning Paradise is one of Ringo Lam's underrated flims about Fong Sai Yuk with a darker take on the character.  I reccomend the Mr. Vampire flims they have alot of supernatural elements, martial arts too. 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ironfistedmonk

Not seen Burning Paradise for donkeys, I had a VHS of it back in the 90's, think it was the Made in Hong Kong release?  Looking forward to that one

I'm not sure about the Mr Vampire movies, I've got the HKL dvd of the first film and don't' remember being that enamoured with it, I've not seen any of the others in the series, the whole hopping vampire thing doesn't do much for me

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Another release of Burning Paradise ?! how many will there be ?!

I bought the Spectrum release minths ago because  I only had the HKVideo VHS from the 90's, but I didn't jumped everywhere like a crazy fan when I watched it. The fights are good, but... well, there is something in this movie that didn't make it for me.

Among my old VHS I have to upgrade to another format, there is Sword of many loves. I remember that I wasn't really interested in it in the 90's for the same reason I wasn't either for Burning Paradise.

• Haha 2

TigerCage1990
3 hours ago, TheMuffinMan656 said:

I am so hyped! Love Paradise and been wanting to watch more Mr Vampire since I got the 1st one. Hopefully it's a nice boxset, I wouldn't mind if they reissued the 1st one in it. Hopefully we also see Encounter of the Spooky Kind 2 from someone (hopefully Eureka) soon too!

Well....Warners has the rights to Encounter of the Spooky Kind 2, so not likely.

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Another release of Burning Paradise ?! how many will there be ?!

I bought the Spectrum release minths ago because  I only had the HKVideo VHS from the 90's, but I didn't jumped everywhere like a crazy fan when I watched it. The fights are good, but... well, there is something in this movie that didn't make it for me.

Among my old VHS I have to upgrade to another format, there is Sword of many loves. I remember that I wasn't really interested in it in the 90's for the same reason I wasn't either for Burning Paradise.

I bought the vinegar syndrome and its deluxe, I'm done with double dipping as it's getting ridiculous and expensive.

• Like 1

TigerCage1990
34 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

I bought the vinegar syndrome and its deluxe, I'm done with double dipping as it's getting ridiculous and expensive.

That and kicking our wallet's asses too. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Well....Warners has the rights to Encounter of the Spooky Kind 2, so not likely.

Yeah, I remember @Irongod2112 mentioned they tried to get it for a boxset with the first one, but warner asked for ridiculous money. I guess our only realistic hope is a decent Warner Archive blu.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TigerCage1990 said:

Spooky 2 could possibly get a release but not from Eureka and not anytime this year. I'm pushing to make it happen it's one of my faves! Fingers crossed! :)

• Like 16
  • Buddha Bless You 5

TigerCage1990
5 hours ago, TheMuffinMan656 said:

Yeah, I remember @Irongod2112 mentioned they tried to get it for a boxset with the first one, but warner asked for ridiculous money. I guess our only realistic hope is a decent Warner Archive blu.

Yeah, there greedy tools. Ill say this. It's still annoying they have Dragon Fight locked in a vault for decades and have done nothing. So much that even in HK /China hasn't had other releases of Dragon Fight.

30 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Spooky 2 could possibly get a release but not from Eureka and not anytime this year. I'm pushing to make it happen it's one of my faves! Fingers crossed! :)

@Irongod2112Hopefully, It will be worth the wait.

• Like 2

thundered mantis

a boxset? I may fall for it, depending on price... I think parts II are IV are the most prominent action wise, therefore my favs

• Like 2

32£ on their website. Actually solid for 4 movies. But i'm not sure if its worth for me. Always wanted to watch them but I dont know how the action and martial arts etc. I need to search some detailed reviews for buying it.

Very nice cover.

• Like 1

$40 for four movies is a steal. I pre-ordered it right away. I'm super excited for this release since I haven't seen any of these in 30 years. In fact, I don't think I've seen three of them. Pumped!

• Like 4