The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

10 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

very curious were these and the others mentioned on 88 already on the schedule or did popular demand add them to the schedule

These haven't been teased yet.

Much more to come too! :)

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

These haven't been teased yet.

Much more to come too! :)

no I mean were these already planned or due to popular demand for these titles they were added to the 2023 schedule kind of like what you said with the girls with guns none planned but that could easily change is that the case with the titles you are referring to from 88 and Eureka

Richard Ng is in very poor health and the current increase in Covid cases in Asia has meant we were unable to get the new interviews with him and Lowell Lo which were planned before Christmas.

I emailed Eureka about the interviews which Richard Ng and Lowell Lo interviews on Magnificent Warriors (they disappeared on the site listing) and this was their response. Really hope Ng makes a recovery

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

3 hours ago, panzer said:

I emailed Eureka about the interviews which Richard Ng and Lowell Lo interviews on Magnificent Warriors (they disappeared on the site listing) and this was their response. Really hope Ng makes a recovery

Oh no! Hope he gets well soon. The Legend.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 1/20/2023 at 1:46 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Working on putting together a new box set that should be announced soon, I'm hopping you all like it. ;)

A clue or spelling mistake? first one was already released so may just be spelling. Lol

• Haha 6

Sweet!! I haven't seen Bullet Train in ages, if I remember correctly it's where Speed got it's premise from. It's always great to get more Sonny Chiba films!!

• Like 4

Frank Djeng was on the Phat Samurai podcast with Ronnie Yu and mentioned that The Postman Strikes Back will be getting a blu ray release from Eureka. [correction: Not Eureka but "a label that can't be named yet"]

Edited by Yihetuan
wrong label
  • Like 10

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Frank Djeng was on the Phat Samurai podcast with Ronnie Yu and mentioned that The Postman Strikes Back will be getting a blu ray release from Eureka.

No it's not with Eureka. :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

No it's not with Eureka. :)

Mea culpa! I will edit the post. Yes, Frank says a remastered HD version of the movie will be forthcoming from "a label that can't be named" but I got it confused with the forthcoming Blonde Fury from Eureka as Frank also mentioned this at the end.

Interesting facts from the filming, Ronnie mentioned this film (his 3rd) was his most difficult due to the protracted production delays and extreme cold (says it was -27°C near the North Korean border where it was shot) & even the wires snapped due to the cold. Says the delays involved the original leading lady breaking her leg & they had to halt filming to recast Cherie Chung in the role. Chow Yun-fat also got into some legal dispute with a TV station which put a temporary moratorium on him continuing to film as well. Ronnie also mentions he got the idea for the spear gang on ice from his days in Ohio watching ice hockey.

Sounds like Ronnie will doing the commentary or at least an interview for the future blu ray release which is excellent since he really gives good insight and I can listen to him talk about his movies all day.

• Like 9

Moving back to Japan for a second, Eureka's Violent Streets is going to be censored

This work had compulsory cuts made to remove scenes of animal cruelty involving chickens. Cuts were made in accordance with BBFC Guidelines, policy and the application of the Cinematograph Films (Animals) Act 1937 under the Video Recordings Act 1984.

• Like 1

I don't know.  I think the BBFC site used to list the duration of the cuts, but I can't find any info on the page about how much was cut.  The BBFC site lists the runtime as 99 minutes and 3 seconds and any other listing I can find for the movie has it as 96 minutes long.  Which doesn't add up. Sorry.