The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Iron Head Rat
On 12/29/2022 at 8:15 PM, saltysam said:

As it was the first Wang Yu film i owned on a pre-cert Rank betamax tape early 80's i've loved this movie. Lung Fei is a badass in this one.

beach-of-the-war-gods-23466l.jpg

Not seen this one, but will definetly be buying. Old skool flick & Lung Fei too. 

• Like 4

TigerCage1990
2 hours ago, Graysman said:

Coming soon 2023 can’t wait 

B60F2D0F-EFC1-4FD8-A483-DAA0190CBED8.jpeg

I've known about this release for months now as Miss Rothrock kinda let slip a while back.

• Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 4:26 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Whoa, BEACH OF THE WAR GODS (1973)! This is top-tier Jimmy Wang Yu, and I'll definitely be getting it (pre-ordering for sure). 

That's what I need. More period films.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

thelastweaponmaster

Would love to see a release of another Wang Yu film "Zatoichi and the One-Armed Swordsman" with both endings (the Japanese ending where Zatoichi came out on top and the Chinese ending where Wang Yu came out on top).

I remember watching it in the theater all those years ago and what I remember of the ending was that it was kind of unclear who won with someone walking away but also bleeding.  Would be nice to see it again to refresh my memory.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Graysman said:

Coming soon 2023 can’t wait 

B60F2D0F-EFC1-4FD8-A483-DAA0190CBED8.jpeg

@Irongod2112 does this mean we should expect more girls with guns to come besides the in the line of duty series in 2023?

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 12/31/2022 at 4:48 AM, ShawAngela said:

Spectrum released a boxset with these two movies too.

Are these movies any good ? And what about Wild Search ? I haven't bought any Chow Yun Fat as yet, except The replacement killers and Crouching tiger... many  years ago, The postman fights back very recently and the Shaws' Love in a fallen city, so, I'm not very familiar with his works and I haven't decided if I should buy these movies or not.

Wild Search is a great film IMO. Saw it for the first time with the Eureka release and I regret sleeping on it for so long.

Eureka is gonna have a stacked year!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

@Irongod2112 does this mean we should expect more girls with guns to come besides the in the line of duty series in 2023?

I truly hope so 🤞 

🤞 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Need some Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima, pretty please

I am not sure which ones are available for rights but if we see Angel and Killer Angels I'd be really happy,Devil hunters would be welcomed as well

• Like 3

23 hours ago, thelastweaponmaster said:

Would love to see a release of another Wang Yu film "Zatoichi and the One-Armed Swordsman" with both endings (the Japanese ending where Zatoichi came out on top and the Chinese ending where Wang Yu came out on top).

I remember watching it in the theater all those years ago and what I remember of the ending was that it was kind of unclear who won with someone walking away but also bleeding.  Would be nice to see it again to refresh my memory.

The zatoichi films were all released by criterion in a magnificent box set. To my knowledge i thought the rumour of 2 different endings originated in a book as i believe there ever was only 1 ending? Iv only seen the movie once so cant remember the actual ending and havent got to that film in the set yet but im sure others in the group would be able to confirm if the 2 endings was in fact a rumour or not.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

The zatoichi films were all released by criterion in a magnificent box set. To my knowledge i thought the rumour of 2 different endings originated in a book as i believe there ever was only 1 ending? Iv only seen the movie once so cant remember the actual ending and havent got to that film in the set yet but im sure others in the group would be able to confirm if the 2 endings was in fact a rumour or not.

I recently talked about this but I don't remember if it's here or on Facebook, and I was told that there were actually two endings as mentioned above : one for the Chinese audience in which Wang Yu wins over Zatoich, and ond for the Japanese audience in which Zatoichi wins over Wang Yu. I was able to find only the japanese version, but several people told me about the two endings. I would love to see the Chinese ending !

• Like 3

On 12/30/2022 at 5:04 PM, actionfan93 said:

Only 5 from what I've heard is restored 6 and 7 haven't been 

I have definitely found 6 and 7 in clean HD on Chinese websites (clean scan, no upscale)

Now whether anyone in the West have the rights to that... that's another story

• Like 2

I noticed that Eureka stated

including the films’ original theatrical ending previously cut from most home video releases

(quote from: https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/magnificent-warriors/) about the up and coming Magnificent Warriors release .

I'm curious to know what is sometimes cut?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

I have definitely found 6 and 7 in clean HD on Chinese websites (clean scan, no upscale)

Now whether anyone in the West have the rights to that... that's another story

wouldn't all 7 fall under fortune Star's catalog since they bought the D&B catalog though I am not sure if Fortune Star will put out  a set of 5-7 I assume Fortune Star is closely monitoring how sales are doing for titles from Eureka and 88 and deciding based on those sales what they will license rights to and what they won't

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 1/1/2023 at 9:20 PM, Red Lion said:

There is definetly a still showing Wang Yu triumphant, with Zatoichi being tended to by the leading ladies. From memory, it's in the book Kung Fu Cinema of Vengeance.

• Like 6

On 1/2/2023 at 7:26 PM, Omni Dragon said:

I noticed that Eureka stated

(quote from: https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/magnificent-warriors/) about the up and coming Magnificent Warriors release .

I'm curious to know what is sometimes cut?

It's a missing dialogue scene at the end that wraps up the film quite nicely it's been missing for years and I believe it's never been on any DVD release only the HK laserdisc & VHS copies. Both Eureka & 88 Films releases will include it. :)

• Like 11

On 12/31/2022 at 10:33 PM, actionfan93 said:

It's possible, Eureka has quite a few of my fave Girls with Guns films but not currently on the schedule at the moment but that can change real quick!! ;)

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

It's possible, Eureka has quite a few of my fave Girls with Guns films but not currently on the schedule at the moment but that can change real quick!! ;)

I hope both Eureka and 88 have angel and killer angels 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

well I guess that answers my query. I was going to ask if you City Cops and Mission of Justice is in the plans anytime soon but sounds like the Shamrock releases are the only source at the moment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Do you think we see more dual region releases region a girls with guns releases from 88 and b region releases from Eureka or does Eureka have exclusive rights to those you mentioned I really hope both 88 and Eureka can put them out

• Like 1