The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

34 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Do we know for definite that Eureka are doing all 4 ITLOD? I'm happy to wait for Eureka, but don't want to miss the 88 release if Eureka aren't doing all 4.

I have not heard anything about Eureka releasing ITLOD 3 & 4 unless someone can confirm they are??

• Like 1

Yeah for this group of films I’m gonna have to go with the box set from 88 . I love Royal Warriors so don’t mind double dipping for that one . But have never seen Yes Madam or ITLOD 3/4 so I think that’s more a reason to get the set . 

• Like 3

No double dipping for me as I don't have a region free player. So I'll go with the Eureka Region B releases. ITLOD is not a real series anyway. Sometimes it's good for my bank account to not have a choice, lol.

• Like 3

Will get the US bluray boxset of the "quadrilogy", and double dip getting Eureka's edition of part 4.

I wonder if 88 and Eureka will use the same color grading or do their individual color grading, just like they did with Police Story 3: Supercop.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Is anybody releasing Magnificent Warriors?

88 in US, Eureka in UK. 88's edition is already coming out in December but tba on Eureka since they only teased it earlier this year. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Screenshot_2022-10-28 Dylan Cheung on Twitter.png

Screenshot_2022-10-28 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(1).png

Screenshot_2022-10-28 Dylan Cheung on Twitter(2).png

FgFXH-8acAIv5Vo.png

They make a good point, it's a mistake, but the "conclusion" by SpookyFattyKarate is way overboard. I'm sure that was never the intention.

But there's one thing you can always rely on Twitter for and it's hyperbolic reactionary kneejerk responses to the slightest of issues.

• Like 9

Seems like the person adding text to the cover used the title graphic from the Japanese poster of the film, and the slight difference between the Chinese/Japanese titles went unnoticed by QC.

image.png.41e88c9966e056f90f5f19c9887e5218.png

9 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

They make a good point, it's a mistake, but the "conclusion" by SpookyFattyKarate is way overboard. I'm sure that was never the intention.

But there's one thing you can always rely on Twitter for and it's hyperbolic reactionary kneejerk responses to the slightest of issues.

Gonna have to agree the reaction is a bit hyperbolic. In all fairness, I didn't even notice the mistake, and I'm (half) Japanese. It's such a small detail that could've easily been overlooked by QC. Hoping Eureka makes this quick correction, and I'm glad fans noticed and pointed it out. Should be easy to fix (unless they've printed the covers already). 

• Like 4

Just finished watching the Eureka disc of Hapkido, fantastic transfer and great extras especially the training of the stars by Chi Hon Hsoi and them getting their Black belt certification. You can read my brief review here...https://asianactioncinema.co.uk/hapkido-1972-blu-ray-review-angela-mao-collection

These same discs which includes Lady Whirlwind are being release in the USA by Arrow.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

The Bullet Train (1975)

It's not a martial arts movie, but still, it does have Sonny Chiba. It's also the original movie behind Speed (1994). Hopefully it will have both cuts/versions, I personally think the shorter international version (115 min), is much better than the original Japanese (uncut) version (152 min). I think the flashback scenes in the longer version are unnecessarily melodramatic and slow the pacing down, it is a thriller after all.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
On 10/27/2022 at 5:19 PM, HeavenSword said:

Yeah for this group of films I’m gonna have to go with the box set from 88 . I love Royal Warriors so don’t mind double dipping for that one . But have never seen Yes Madam or ITLOD 3/4 so I think that’s more a reason to get the set . 

I envy a person that gets to experience Yes Madama and ITLOD 4 for the first time.

• Like 2

legendarycurry
On 11/3/2022 at 5:18 PM, drees5761 said:

especially the training of the stars by Chi Hon Hsoi and them getting their Black belt certification

This sounds fascinating. Great, yet another must buy bluray to add to the list :) :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Screencaps comparisons of Police Story 1, 2 and 3 are now available on caps-a-holic:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=4822 (Police Story)
https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=4823 (Police Story 2)
https://caps-a-holic.com/c_list.php?c=4964 (Police Story 3)

What do you guys think?

Well by comparison the Eureka 4K seems like the definitive version's to own, but after doing comparisons my criterion versions don't look that much worse.. just a few details/color upgrades, but nothing too drastic to blow my socks off..

Thanks for sharing those, it was super helpful!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DiP said:

I should get my copy this weekend.

Going to cancel my order with Amazon then. I just looked and it says it will be with me on the 26th and released on the 21st. Not to mention it's more expensive than Eureka's release.

Surely it doesn't take 6 days to arrive.