The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

The Hapkido/Lady Whirlwind is fantastic! 1st thing I did was go right to the Angela Mao interviews.

I'm not down with the semi pron taglines on the posters but the discs are solid!

It was a long wait, but well worth it!

• Like 7

Beardys Feather

Angela Mao is a feminine icon and these films are literally about empowerment. It baffles me that these posters were included.

Apart from that, great set. Thank you Eureka, keep it ol' school! :laluot_26:

• Like 7

thelastweaponmaster
On 9/27/2022 at 7:03 PM, b1gfatho said:

Just an fyi for region A folks interested in the Angela Mao set but are getting impatient waiting for Arrow's announcement, I got my copy today and stuck it in my region free player, but I forgot to change the region setting on my player from "A" to "B." To my surprise the disc loaded up but with the Arrow Video logo and menus instead of Eureka's. I'd never personally seen this before, but it does confirm that the Arrow and Eureka are literally the same disc, and that it's at least region A and B compatible. 

Just want to confirm if anyone else had the same experience (that the Eureka disc is region A and B compatible).   Just wondering if I should order this now or wait for the region 1 release.   

I do have an Oppo player which is multi-region but it is one of the older ones that cannot play the Eureka discs for some reason.

• Like 1

StarDestroyer52
20 hours ago, thelastweaponmaster said:

Just want to confirm if anyone else had the same experience (that the Eureka disc is region A and B compatible).   Just wondering if I should order this now or wait for the region 1 release.   

I do have an Oppo player which is multi-region but it is one of the older ones that cannot play the Eureka discs for some reason.

It's Region A and B compatible. It loads the Arrow menu when you choose Region A and brings up the Eureka menu when you choose Region B.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2022 at 4:24 PM, AslanBey said:

That means this is the list for most sold copies in 2022?? Or september?? Or else?

It's a weekly chart.

• Like 2

So I watched Supercop today . I’ve only seen it once and that was a looongggg time ago , so this was basically a first watch . I think out of the trilogy , this one definitely flows better than the other two but I have to say …..who else agrees that Yuen Wah deserved a better ending than what he got ?  We’ve spent most of the movie with this character and for him to go out like that was kinda disappointing.  

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Extended version of the first one is by far the best, then the third one, then the extended version of the second one. That’s my ranking.

• Like 1

I like Supercop a lot but it doesn’t really feel like a Police Story film, for obvious reasons, so it has to come in 3rd place for me, behind 1 and 2 :)

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Frank Djeng mentioned he had a remote interview this morning with Meng Hoi for the Yes! Madam release and possibly other projects down the road. Meng still looks in good shape for his age.

311871107_10162410417227925_687756537519082928_n.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

18 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Frank Djeng mentioned he had a remote interview this morning with Meng Hoi for the Yes! Madam release and possibly other projects down the road. Meng still looks in good shape for his age.

311871107_10162410417227925_687756537519082928_n.jpg

Did he post this on Facebook? Only see a recent shoot with Cynthia Rothrock on instagram. Regardless, very exciting to see them get Mang Hoi on for new interviews! Maybe we'll also get The Blonde Fury or a US re-release of something in the future?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, panzer said:

Did he post this on Facebook? Only see a recent shoot with Cynthia Rothrock on instagram. Regardless, very exciting to see them get Mang Hoi on for new interviews! Maybe we'll also get The Blonde Fury or a US re-release of something in the future?

Yes, it's on his facebook. I was too lazy to screenshot it earlier.

Screenshot_2022-10-14 (1) Frank Djeng Facebook.png

• Like 6

Had a movie binge with David, a film buff friend of mine who'd asked to watch the Police Story trilogy, after seeing endless posts of the new 4k box set release from EUREKA. Of course I was more than happy to help. We started with 88 Films' release of The Protector. David enjoys all sorts of movies from Hollywood Box office smashes to z grade zombie horror. Once put into context, we both enjoyed The Protector and he was quite surprised by the differences in the HK edit.

By the time the cars were smashing through the Shanty town in the opening of Police Story, David seemed to be enjoying himself and enthusiasticly commented on how this had been blatantly copied in Bad Boys 2 but looked much safer, as he noted each stuntman scattered about the huts diving for their lives.

You can imagine his reaction to the bus sequence. By the time the three stunt guys had smashed through the glass onto the concrete, David realised why I'd been hooked on Hong Kong movies all this time.

"Holy shit that would hurt" and "just look at the timing and editing" are just two of David's excitable exclamations that put a smile on my face during the high impact adrenaline rush of the shopping mall finale. We sat silently as the outtakes rolled and once the film had ended, David had assured me that he was keen for more from the genre!

After sitting through the HK cut of Police Story 2 and 3 he was surprised these films had always slipped passed his viewing radar and seemed genuinely enthused from the viewing. 

"So what can we watch next time, I've heard Project A is a good one?"Police-Story-1-3-Box-Set-800x1012.jpg.d28ff25e89962f7c0c4ee0096bcb4bad.jpg

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 10/14/2022 at 9:24 PM, panzer said:

Yes, it is definitely for the The Blonde Fury.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

I'd show him Armour of God and Operation Condor. Then the Project As. He'll be a Jackie junkie after that lol

Good call!

• Like 3

On 10/12/2022 at 5:55 AM, HeavenSword said:

So I watched Supercop today . I’ve only seen it once and that was a looongggg time ago , so this was basically a first watch . I think out of the trilogy , this one definitely flows better than the other two but I have to say …..who else agrees that Yuen Wah deserved a better ending than what he got ?  We’ve spent most of the movie with this character and for him to go out like that was kinda disappointing.  

I would agree with you too, because out of all my movies, at least the audio is in snyc and it has Jackie's real voice instead of it being dubbed. All these years I never realised that the Chinese movies were filmed silent with it being dubbed in Cantonese & Mandarin afterwards. Also the white guys speaking Canto wasn't dubbed either. So yes, a good watch tbh. It was also my first time to watch Police Story 3. 

Edited by Yggdrasil
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

Screenshot_20221018-222205~2.png

Wow the coverart is very nice. Till now I thought the original cover in the middle was eureka's.

But I found the cover for the booklet not so good as the cover...

• Like 1

Master with OK Fingers

Do we know for definite that Eureka are doing all 4 ITLOD? I'm happy to wait for Eureka, but don't want to miss the 88 release if Eureka aren't doing all 4.

• Like 1