The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

23 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Unfortunately Encounters of the Spooky Kind 2 is with Warner Brothers I did try to negotiate with them for a box set for Eureka unfortunately they wanted crazy money and a deal couldn't be made. :(

It's such a shame that Warner has Spooky 2, Pedicab Driver and Pantyhose Hero and they just been sitting on them all these years.

So you are saying we need your buddies at Criterion to license the rights to the first Spooky and use their $$ to get the second one from WB?

Edited by dwk
  • Like 1

thundered mantis
11 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

It's such a shame that Warner has Spooky 2, Pedicab Driver and Pantyhose Hero and they just been sitting on them all these years.

@Irongod2112 do they have worldwide rights, including HK/China? I mean, might we st least retain dome hope of those being remastered and put to stores in HK? 

• Like 1

Latest tweet by Euraka tell us about, no reversible artwork on the UHD trilogy set! Due to unforeseen circumstances?

bummer missing out the outwork.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

@Irongod2112 do they have worldwide rights, including HK/China? I mean, might we st least retain dome hope of those being remastered and put to stores in HK? 

I'm not sure about HK/China, but WB does have the rights pretty much worldwide.  Their Drunken Master II Blu-ray came out in Japan and, I think, Korea before Miramax's US rights finally expired.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Yeah Warner does have worldwide rights unfortunately. I was told they have plans to do some releases themselves though Warner  Archives but it's been a while since I was told that. Criterion could possibly save them but I was told that Warner is no longer licensing out titles. We were very lucky Criterion saved Once Upon a Time in China 4 & 5 for Warner probably would not have bothered. As far as the Sammo films we can only hope Warner Archives does a release at some point or they change thier polices and let another label do it.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

I'm thrilled it's The Dead and the Deadly!

Seen it only once and loved it, I'll happily part with my money for that one. 

Glad to hear that!! :) I think it's a very underrated film. It's a bit light on the fights compared to Encounters of the Spooky Kind but the ones on there are top notch!! The new audio tracks and subtitle translation really help elevate the film. I really hope you guys support these lesser known films for it makes it easier to get the labels to take a chance & licence future films. :)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 12

I buy pretty much every HK film from Eureka, 88, and Arrow (as well as other labels) because it's my favorite country for cinema, and every time one gets released it's almost always new to me because of how recently I really discovered my love for it. And almost every film I've seen from these labels has been a great time in my eyes, so I'll keep supporting them. Please release as many as you can so I can watch them all in pristine quality! Btw, speaking of dual film boxsets, I'd love a release of the Tiger on the Beat films! Especially the first one.

Edited by Darth Kermit
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Yeah Warner does have worldwide rights unfortunately. I was told they have plans to do some releases themselves though Warner  Archives but it's been a while since I was told that. Criterion could possibly save them but I was told that Warner is no longer licensing out titles. We were very lucky Criterion saved Once Upon a Time in China 4 & 5 for Warner probably would not have bothered. As far as the Sammo films we can only hope Warner Archives does a release at some point or they change thier polices and let another label do it.

Brandon told me on Twitter that Criterion getting OUATIC 4 & 5 from WB was pretty difficult.

I assume you mean that WB are no longer licensing out their HK titles? Criterion still seems to be releasing a pretty steady flow of WB titles (although, knowing how slow Criterion can be, they could have licensed those titles years ago.)  In any event it is a bummer.

Maybe someone can trade that prick Zaslav a bag of magic tax breaks for WB's catalog.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Glad to hear that!! :) I think it's a very underrated film. It's a bit light on the fights compared to Encounters of the Spooky Kind but the ones on there are top notch!! The new audio tracks and subtitle translation really help elevate the film. I really hope you guys support these lesser known films for it makes it easier to get the labels to take a chance & licence future films. :)

Dammit, I bought the HK Panorama Blu not too long ago. Looked pretty good. Will this be the same master or a newer master? Any info you can give me to help sell me on it would be appreciated 🤓

• Like 2

• Administrator
1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Dammit, I bought the HK Panorama Blu not too long ago. Looked pretty good. Will this be the same master or a newer master? Any info you can give me to help sell me on it would be appreciated 🤓

I've heard- and it may just be a rumor- that one of the extra features is a recently shot piece on Sammo where he uses black magic to revive Bruce Lee so they can have a rematch! :BL-YouCanDoIt:

I hope its in full HD though or I'm going to skip this release. :yociexp10:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

I've heard- and it may just be a rumor- that one of the extra features is a recently shot piece on Sammo where he uses black magic to revive Bruce Lee so they can have a rematch! :BL-YouCanDoIt:

Shhhh! Spoilers!

3 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Yeah, those cheapskate Eureka chiselers are infamous for their SD upscales 😜

11 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

I'll defo be buying, thanks for releasing this little gem! 

A friend told me it was never released on DVD in the UK so this should be a fairly wanted and appreciated release. Good sales!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jochem said:

Latest tweet by Euraka tell us about, no reversible artwork on the UHD trilogy set! Due to unforeseen circumstances?

bummer missing out the outwork.

That was one of the reasons why I pre-ordered it. 😭

Edited by BLfan
  • Like 1

I was expecting more Yeoh! I cant stand the goofy element in most of Sammo's movies. I watched Eastern Condors for the first time yesterday, but the comedy in that ruined everything.  Im almost sad that I dont like them more, because he is so talented, but I cant stand 80% of his comedy. On the other hand, I do love the lucky stars series and his collaborations with Jackie Chan. 

Sorry, just had to get it out there lol 

4 hours ago, BLfan said:

That was one of the reasons why I pre-ordered it.

i wonder if Kung Fu Bob know knows it?

I’ve paid money for Bob’s artwork, is a feeling that creeps on me too?!

27 minutes ago, Jochem said:

i wonder if Kung Fu Bob know knows it?

I’ve paid money for Bob’s artwork, is a feeling that creeps on me too?!

What has happened here? Was it suppose to be different artwork or reversable sleeves?

16 minutes ago, JCLegend86 said:

What has happened here? Was it suppose to be different artwork or reversable sleeves?

I dunno? Eureka seems not interested in any explanation whatsoever. Except for the front artwork—which is excellent—we were about to be offered, just a yellow box?

15 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I have the HK Panorama bluray and it does look very nice but Eureka will have better compression.

Also the Cantonese audio on the HK bluray isn't very good.

I had 2 new Cantonese tracks done for this release and they both sound fantastic! The Cantonese Home Video Mix is taken from the rare Japanese laserdisc. Alot of effort went into the new subtitle translation and it definitely makes it much better viewing experience. :)

• Like 12