The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Irongod2112
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I too would like to see a deluxe edition of Who am I ! I loved this movie !

I'm a big fan of WHO AM I for I think it was Jackie's last truly great film, Gorgeous & New Police Story  are pretty good too! I have pushed both labels to do a release of Who Am I for I also thought Sony had it but that's not the case. Hopefully it gets a deluxe release at some point! I think Sony still has Gorgeous so I can definitely see a release of that one at some point in the future. :)

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 3

ShawAngela
1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

I'm a big fan of WHO AM I for I think it was Jackie's last truly great film, Gorgeous & New Police Story  are pretty good too! I have pushed both labels to do a release of Who Am I for I also thought Sony had it but that's not the case. Hopefully it gets a deluxe release at some point! I think Sony still has Gorgeous so I can definitely see a release of that one at some point in the future. :)

I first bought Who am I as a blind buy. I had avoided it several times because I thought that it was a kind of biography, but when I finally bought it and watched it, I was like WOOOOW ! Then, I learnt that there was a 2h version with different scenes. I first found it on a Russian language VHS and I bought it in case of I wouldn't be able to find a dvd of it, and then, I found the Taiwanese 2h version dvd and I was again like WOOOW, WOOOW ! I LOVE this movie so much ! 

• Like 7

Irongod2112
4 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

I assume LAST HERO IN CHINA and KUNG FU CULT MASTER  would be likely Jet Li titles.

Who owns all those titles like FIST OF LEGEND and TAI CHI MASTER these days?

Last Hero in China is a big favorite of mine!! :) The rights to Fist of Legend is a mystery at this time. I came up with the idea of adding it to Criterion's Bruce Lee box set as an extra and they were up for including it, but they could not figure out the rights unfortunately.

• Like 6

actionfan93
11 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Sony doesn't hold Who AM I anymore then who does then I really hope you can get it released in the future and if the strangle hold is ever removed from Hard Boiled and the Killer those definitely too

I assume Tiger on beat and Full contact will not be UK releases coming as of this time but could later in the future

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Niiiice. Make. It. Happen! 

• Like 5

On 5/27/2022 at 2:34 AM, Irongod2112 said:

That's certainly news to me! I was told the set wasn't a big seller for Eureka but hey, you never know. :)

Please tell me the kuo boxset sold well enough for a vol 2 with chess boxing and born invincible. With the excellent work that went into that set would be gutted to know it never sold well. If not maybe another director like yuen clans 70s and 80s work just to include born invincible. Lol. Would love a yuen clan set with miracle fighters series, legend of a fighter, buddhist fist and drunken tai chi.

• Like 6

Irongod2112
23 minutes ago, Red Lion said:

Please tell me the kuo boxset sold well enough for a vol 2 with chess boxing and born invincible. With the excellent work that went into that set would be gutted to know it never sold well. If not maybe another director like yuen clans 70s and 80s work just to include born invincible. Lol. Would love a yuen clan set with miracle fighters series, legend of a fighter, buddhist fist and drunken tai chi.

I'm not sure how well the Kuo set sold but I believe there is still interest in releasing more of his films. :)

I've been pitching a Yuen Woo Ping / Yuen Clan set with all the labels.

My dream set would be:

The Miracle Fighters (1982)
Shaolin Drunkard (1983)
Taoism Drunkard (1984)
The Young Taoism Fighter (1986)

I was just in touch with James Flower over at Arrow Video earlier in the week pitching it again! Go on the labels Twitter feeds and put in requests for them and maybe we can make it happen! :)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 3

starschwar
46 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

Sony doesn't hold Who AM I anymore then who does then I really hope you can get it released in the future and if the strangle hold is ever removed from Hard Boiled and the Killer those definitely too

I assume Tiger on beat and Full contact will not be UK releases coming as of this time but could later in the future

I get this reference.

As for Who Am I:  I am under the impression that it's among the plethora of Golden Harvest titles that Warner Archive is sitting on, but I do not know if this is accurate.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys, I'm currently looking to recruit more HK Cinema fans to assist with future releases coming from both Eureka & 88 Films.

I'm especially looking for people that have experience with subtitles and translating Cantonese or Mandarin.

I'm also looking for knowledgable fans to assist with quality check work. Please send me a PM if you're interested and we can discuss more. :)

@TheKungFuRobber

• Like 2

actionfan93
1 minute ago, starschwar said:

I get this reference.

As for Who Am I:  I am under the impression that it's among the plethora of Golden Harvest titles that Warner Archive is sitting on, but I do not know if this is accurate.

Warner Archive actually commented on my post on their FB group saying they don't hold domestic rights to it and Irongod2112 says Sony doesn't have it so I have no idea who has it or if Warner holds international rights

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

I'm not sure how well the Kuo set sold but I believe there is still interest in releasing more of his films. :)

My dream set would be:

Shaolin Drunkard (1983)
Taoism Drunkard (1984)

I was just in touch with James Flower over at Arrow Video earlier in the week pitching it again! Go on the labels Twitter feeds and put in requests for them and maybe we can make it happen! :)

This would be awesome. If you made those miracle fighters series a reality would be the biggest release for me even higher than shawscope 2. Lol

• Like 5

That's strange since WHO AM I is one of the titles that's on the list of Golden Harvest films that are now owned by Warner Brothers.

@Irongod2112 I know that Criterion have been releasing more non-action/martial arts HK titles lately (which is a great thing and the other labels should honestly be doing the same thing), but do you know if Criterion are planning on releasing any more action films any time this year?

Edited by nahnahnah
  • Like 2

actionfan93
22 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

My dream set would be:

Shaolin Drunkard (1983)
Taoism Drunkard (1984)

I have done so for Who AM I on 88's and Eureka's social media pages I see no need to do so for Hard Boiled and the Killer as I am sure the label or labels who secure them know they will be huge sellers hopefully eventually they can pry them from the rights holders in the future

• Like 1

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

That's strange since WHO AM I is one of the titles that's on the list of Golden Harvest films that are now owned by Warner Brothers.

@Irongod2112 I know that Criterion have been releasing more non-action/martial arts HK titles lately (which is a great thing and the other labels should honestly be doing the same thing), but do you know if Criterion are planning on releasing any more action films any time this year?

that surprised me as well but Warner archive collection's official page actually left that comment on my post when I asked hoping for Who AM I to come from them so apparently they don't have it anymore

• Like 1

Hopefully that's the only title on that list that has had its rights reverted. I'm also hoping that someone like Irongod or OldPangYau are in contact with WAC and have been working with them on upcoming releases for the HK titles that they have. I just want them (or maybe even Criterion) to release Benny Chan's BIG BULLET, as it definitely deserves a shiny new restoration and a killer set of extras.

• Like 2

starschwar

Very strange if Warner just let the rights expire without doing anything.  Who Am I is almost entirely in English.  HD transfer + port of the Universe DVD's subtitles for the first 15 minutes or so of the movie - instant minimum-effort release.  Well, here's hoping 88 or Eureka get to it eventually.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

My dream set would be:

Shaolin Drunkard (1983)
Taoism Drunkard (1984)

What about THE BUDDHIST FIST (1980)? I hear that one is excellent, but I’ve never seen it, and there’s only the ancient Tai Seng DVD.

• Like 3

actionfan93
21 minutes ago, starschwar said:

Very strange if Warner just let the rights expire without doing anything.  Who Am I is almost entirely in English.  HD transfer + port of the Universe DVD's subtitles for the first 15 minutes or so of the movie - instant minimum-effort release.  Well, here's hoping 88 or Eureka get to it eventually.

I would be happy with that but I would love Irongod2112's potential deluxe release much more

• Like 4

thelastweaponmaster

Would love to see a Seasonal Films box set (Volume 1) that could include at least:

1. Secret Rivals
  2. Secret Rivals 2
  3. Legend of a Fighter
  4. Ninja in the Dragon's Den
  5. The Butterfly Murders

etc.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 3

9 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

You will definitely be seeing more Jet Li titles coming from the UK labels. :)

Thats music for my ears

• Like 5

starschwar
2 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Thats music for my ears

Hoping against hope that it's this music in particular!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, starschwar said:

Hoping against hope that it's this music in particular!

Amongst others, yes

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Red Lion said:

I was thinking the same thing. Would love a 2nd Kuo box set. I can understand the sales won’t be up with the more obvious Jackie/Sammo releases but in all honesty I’m getting a little tired of multiple Police Story boxsets etc. As good as the films are I’m simply in no rush to watch it for 155th time no matter the 4K upgrade.

Personally I’d prefer a 10disc Hwang Jang Lee box set. I’d happily slap £100 down for one lol. 

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Irongod2112
2 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

What about THE BUDDHIST FIST (1980)? I hear that one is excellent, but I’ve never seen it, and there’s only the ancient Tai Seng DVD.

I would love to do releases of films like The Buddhist Fist and all the Seasonal Films but they need to be restored first and labels like Eureka & 88 Films just don't have the money to do that unfortunately.

Doesn't mean it can never happen but as of right now there's no plans. Although I think Butterfly Murders recently had a new restoration so that's one to look out for! :)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Irongod2112
4 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Hopefully that's the only title on that list that has had its rights reverted. I'm also hoping that someone like Irongod or OldPangYau are in contact with WAC and have been working with them on upcoming releases for the HK titles that they have. I just want them (or maybe even Criterion) to release Benny Chan's BIG BULLET, as it definitely deserves a shiny new restoration and a killer set of extras.

After my first time working with Criterion I was put in touch with the head of Warner Archives a few years back and offered my help, they pretty much said they had thier own experts, but if they got stuck on anything they would get in touch... they never did. :(

Btw I love BIG BULLET! :)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 5