The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

It is so awesome that Eureka is getting in to the UHD game and these are their first titles. That set looks great. As does Bob's artwork. I will have to just go with the single release of PSIII though... as much as it kills me. It's a lot to keep rebuying stuff and there are too many other awesome releases on the horizon. I do wish Bob was the artist who did the single disc release too.

• Like 3

Is there a reason why the extended cut of Police Story 2 is being promoted as the main version instead of the HK cut?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, nahnahnah said:

Is there a reason why the extended cut of Police Story 2 is being promoted as the main version instead of the HK cut?

I think that is because of Fortune Star. The Criterion set did the same thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

I think that is because of Fortune Star. The Criterion set did the same thing. 

So the extended version was never promoted as the main version of the film until the Eureka set came? I wonder what the reasoning is for that.

• Like 2

Omni Dragon

I just pre-ordered Police Story III - Super Cop. I can't wait to watch the old Cine Media dub in widescreen and HD rather than on the VHS cropped to 1.33.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Master with OK Fingers
14 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

The Export Cut for the first film will be included on the UHD as an extra in HD 1080p. Besides the Classic English dub It will include the rare Cantonese audio track with the Kevin Bassinson soundtrack and it sounds amazing! :)

WOW, it has been a crazy 20mins since I heard about these releases. I have pre-ordered the box set and the stand alone PS3. Eureka and 88 are absolutely killing it at the moment!

Can I just clarify your last sentence?

Is that the Export Cut with Classic Eng Dub and the KB score or is the KB score only on the Cantonese audio track?

Also, do you know if there is any chance of the Export cut with classic Eng dub of PS2 being on there in HD?

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I ordered the 4K set. It's a triple dip for me. I just couldn't help myself. Also, if I'm honest, that Police Story III art is pretty terrible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Master with OK Fingers
1 minute ago, Drunken Monk said:

I ordered the 4K set. It's a triple dip for me. I just couldn't help myself. Also, if I'm honest, that Police Story III art is pretty terrible.

I don't mind it, but lets be honest 88 struck gold with @KUNG FU BOB and Eureka's are just a notch below. I hope that doesn't sound to harsh to whoever is doing the Eureka's because I do like them, but KFB seems to hit all the right nostalgic spots.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I wonder if Police Story 2's Hong Kong cut will use the theatrical print scan or the 4k scan re-edited. Regardless I never got around to buying the Eureka 2 pack or Criterion so this is an easy buy.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, panzer said:

I wonder if Police Story 2's Hong Kong cut will use the theatrical print scan or the 4k scan re-edited. Regardless I never got around to buying the Eureka 2 pack or Criterion so this is an easy buy.

Brandon Bentley told me on twitter that Fortune Star allowed them to do a reconstruction this time. So it is from the 4K scan.  (Which makes it a litle disappointing they aren't including it in 4K)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dwk said:

Brandon Bentley told me on twitter that Fortune Star allowed them to do a reconstruction this time. So it is from the 4K scan.  (Which makes it a litle disappointing they aren't including it in 4K)

That’s good news. But, why no reconstruction allowed of the extended cut of PS1, or even the mere inclusion of it??? Makes absolutely zero sense. 😩

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Sad 1

TibetanWhiteCrane
4 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

That’s good news. But, why no reconstruction allowed of the extended cut of PS1, or even the mere inclusion of it??? Makes absolutely zero sense. 😩

Because Fortune Star is satan himself. One of the worst companies that has ever existed.

• Haha 2

Certain folks involved with these releases have hinted that the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA trilogy may get a 4K UHD release next...

• Like 1

FightingFool

Supercop is easy purchase. Been ages since saw it and forgotten most. But what little I recall was good stuff(Jackie wheeling away from his sparring partner, catching Michelle at cabin. I think there was great helicopter ride too and fights in roof of train.) But as for storyline, blank.

I think cover art is ok. minor characters look bit bland but jackie and michelle have cool looks.

• Like 1

Kevin Chan
18 hours ago, Omni Dragon said:

There's also a Taiwanese version of Police Story Part II, with scenes that are as far as I know not found in any other version:

Those scenes would make a nice extra or even a full version for the very curious.

I have that as a VHS rip burned onto a DVD. PM me if interested.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

15 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Certain folks involved with these releases have hinted that the ONCE UPON A TIME IN CHINA trilogy may get a 4K UHD release next...

Good news but i think it is time for fongsaiyuk, tai chi, new legend of shaolin etc.

Boy would i happy if fongsaiyuk would get a deluxe release...

• Like 3

Super Ninja

I was hoping for PS3 single release but I'm gonna preorder the trilogy thanks to  @KUNG FU BOB's cover art alone. 

Small technical question since I'm anything but an expert when it comes to this. Being UHD, will it play on my standard Blu-ray multi region player?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

I was hoping for PS3 single release but I'm gonna preorder the trilogy thanks to  @KUNG FU BOB's cover art alone. 

Small technical question since I'm anything but an expert when it comes to this. Being UHD, will it play on my standard Blu-ray multi region player?

No, you need a UHD player. A standard Blu-ray player will not play them. 

PS3 is getting a single Blu-ray only release.  https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/police-story-3-supercop/

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Small technical question

Additional info: by their nature, UHD’s are region free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ronin said:

Hope all the missing mattes and day-for-night filters are fixed.

KenHashibe

Excellent news! However, not sure if I'm willing to buy a 4k TV/Blu-ray just to play this. Might just get the Police Story 3 Blu-ray.

5 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

So the extended version was never promoted as the main version of the film until the Eureka set came? I wonder what the reasoning is for that.

Eureka actually wasn't the first to use the 2-hour cut as the main version. When Fortune Star did a new scan of the film, it was of the 2-hour cut, and it was the only version available for over a decade. The Dragon Dynasty DVD from 2007, the HK Kam & Ronson Blu-ray, and the Shout Factory Blu-ray all had the 2-hour cut instead of the shorter HK cut.

Maybe there is insistence by Fortune Star to make it the main version? It's likely since Fortune Star still hasn't made the shorter HK cut available in 4k, but I applaud the efforts of Eureka and Criterion to at least include the shorter HK cut in some capacity.

• Like 5

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, bickle14 said:

No, you need a UHD player. A standard Blu-ray player will not play them. 

PS3 is getting a single Blu-ray only release.  https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/police-story-3-supercop/

Thanks @bickle14, I was afraid of that. Guess I'm getting the single release then.

47 minutes ago, Jochem said:

Additional info: by their nature, UHD’s are region free.

That's good to know, thanks @Jochem.

• Like 1

starschwar

Supercop looks great!  Going out of your way to acknowledge the "original sound effects" - that is to say, addressing that train error on some versions - that's the kind of respect for both the material and the fans that I really appreciate.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1