The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Oh fuck me, I just ordered from Eureka.

Normally, I would've have too. But it seems like there is a lot of interest in To in North America. I thought maybe Criterion would do a release... so I figured I'd wait and see. I think this is going to start happening more often now. Someone has to have seen the interest in these releases and nobody has really staked claim in NA like what the UK has been getting. Arrow (or someone else) may be starting to do it (beyond Shaw)...

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 2

Super Ninja
47 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

Is this a "martial arts" action thriller?

It's been a long time but I don't recall these two having a significant, satisfying amount of MA content. If that's what you're going for, you better save your money. 

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

19 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

It's been a long time but I don't recall these two having a significant, satisfying amount of MA content. If that's what you're going for, you better save your money. 

That said, Running Out of Time is a good movie, but it definitely falls under action suspense/thriller.

Edited by tdb
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

4 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

image.png.9d2388b71f906b153ec50e6bf6885b68.png

Been waiting for a proper HD treatment of the first movie. And this surely looks like it. Second movie is not as good but it's still underrated.

• Like 3

actionfan93
1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

Big announcement coming soon on something very special!! Better start saving your money now!! :)

sounds interesting what genre is the new release or releases but on another note we are starting to see Girls with guns with new restorations or remasters from Germany are there chances of the UK labels releasing these as well and other girls with guns or is this Germany's specialty

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
On 4/29/2022 at 3:16 AM, AslanBey said:

Is this a "martial arts" action thriller?

Simple answer - no.

• Like 1

Drunksnake
8 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Big announcement coming soon on something very special!! Better start saving your money now!! :)

I'm sure I'll be happy whatever it is, but I'm hoping for a Police Story trilogy!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Police Story 1-3 UHD? I know 3 is definitely in the works...

Cannot afford to double dip too much so there better be a standalone Police Story 3 as well 😁

• Like 1

actionfan93
17 minutes ago, bickle14 said:

Police Story 1-3 UHD? I know 3 is definitely in the works...

thats my hope unless girls with guns are coming or the holy grail Hard boiled and The Killer's rights have been secured

• Like 1

Drunksnake
3 hours ago, bickle14 said:

Frank Djeng said he thinks that is what it is. 

That what I saw lol over on the HKCAS page on Facebook.

• Like 1

H A S S A N

I'd be very surprised if it's the Angela Mao movies which IronGod is referring too, 

Could be Police Story Trilogy 4K or something us fans are not expecting at all (hopefully another BIG box set!)

Heroic Trio set from Eureka? More Ringo Lam? God Gamblers Set? Mr Vampire Box Set?

I'm surprised with all the hoopla surrounding Everything Everywhere All At Once there hasn't been any announcements of of the numerous HK films featuring Michelle Yeoh

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, H A S S A N said:

I'd be very surprised if it's the Angela Mao movies which IronGod is referring too, 

Could be Police Story Trilogy 4K or something us fans are not expecting at all (hopefully another BIG box set!)

Heroic Trio set from Eureka? More Ringo Lam? God Gamblers Set? Mr Vampire Box Set?

I'm surprised with all the hoopla surrounding Everything Everywhere All At Once there hasn't been any announcements of of the numerous HK films featuring Michelle Yeoh

From memory, the Angela Mao titles Fortune Star has in HD are Lady Whirlwind, Hapkido and either The Angry River or When Taekwondo Strikes.

But that's not to say they haven't done the others!

actionfan93
4 hours ago, H A S S A N said:

From what I've seen on Germany releases in the line of duty 1-4 and Magnificent Warriors have all been restored and announced and are upcoming from Germany It wouldn't shock me if one of the uk labels announces them in the near future 

• Like 1

If POLICE STORY ever gets rereleased, a full-blown reconstruction/restoration of the extended Japanese cut needs to happen. I bet our main man Brandon Bentley could gussy that up somethin’ fierce…

• Like 6

starschwar
7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

If POLICE STORY ever gets rereleased, a full-blown reconstruction/restoration of the extended Japanese cut needs to happen. I bet our main man Brandon Bentley could gussy that up somethin’ fierce…

Hypothetical things that could make me double dip on the first two:

• Restored Japanese cut of part 1
  • Export cut of part 1 in HD, the version with Cantonese dialogue combined with the Kevin Bassinson music - it is rare, but it is not lost.
  • A hybrid audio track for the extended version of 2 that uses music cues from the theatrical cut where possible (playground fight, end credits, etc)

At any rate, any "special" announcement from Eureka has my attention.  Their normal releases are already impressive!

One more thought - completely and utterly baseless speculation from me:

Maybe this could be Cub Tiger from Kwang Tung, with the various re-edits (I know of at least three distinct versions including the original) as bonus discs?  That would be a day one pre-order from me for sure. 

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 3

A restored version of the HK cut of Police Story 2 which uses the 4k restoration would be nice to see as well. 

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

August titles announcement has been delayed to June 9. Seems like we will have to wait more than 2 weeks to see what this special surprise is.

• Sad 1

Omni Dragon

There's also a Taiwanese version of Police Story Part II, with scenes that are as far as I know not found in any other version:

Those scenes would make a nice extra or even a full version for the very curious.

• Like 2