The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

51 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure I’ve seen The Shaolin Plot. I think I’ll pick it up as a blind buy.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
15 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

What about "execution in autumn"? Is it a martial arts movie?

There's some in there, but mostly drama. Beautiful film though... even in the crappy version I watched it in back in the day. Some of the sets put Shaws to shame if I remember correctly. I'll be picking this up.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

Haha! Consider me embarrassed. Apparently, I disliked the film so much I forgot I'd actually seen it. Oh well....too late now. I've already pre-ordered. Maybe my tastes have changed between 2020 and now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Maybe my tastes have changed between 2020 and now.

Well, it happened with Sister Street Fighter...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure I’ve seen The Shaolin Plot. I think I’ll pick it up as a blind buy.

It's a gem ! Don't miss it !

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

There's some in there, but mostly drama. Beautiful film though... even in the crappy version I watched it in back in the day. Some of the sets put Shaws to shame if I remember correctly. I'll be picking this up.

I remember to have been disappointed by this movie, because of the lack of fights...

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

I remember to have been disappointed by this movie, because of the lack of fights...

Well, that's not really the film's fault when it is labeled a drama. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

TheFlyingPanda

Didn't Expect Shaolin Plot on the roster, but im sure this will be the best condition we have ever seen it in. I'm excited 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

The Swedish Kung Fu classics Vol1 boxset featured an English dub version of The Shaolin Plot. 

91KyGNb7cfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thats the version iv seen and whilst the quality was good i really wanted to like this film more than i did. It seemed to grind to a halt in the middle and only picked up towards the end. The main thing i like about this film is chen sings massive ping pong googly eyes (those who saw the film will know what i mean) lol.

• Like 4

Beardys Feather

Hello friends, Shaolin Plot is a brilliant film! The plot contains intrigue and depth; it's a bit of a heart breaker which is rare in the genre. Plus there are great performances from Chen Sing, Kam Kong, James Tien and Sammo Hung.

We're so fortunate to get these releases. :laluot_26:

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Beardys Feather said:

Hello friends, Shaolin Plot is a brilliant film! The plot contains intrigue and depth; it's a bit of a heart breaker which is rare in the genre. Plus there are great performances from Chen Sing, Kam Kong, James Tien and Sammo Hung.

We're so fortunate to get these releases. :laluot_26:

Totally agree! A shapes classic!

Bless

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

TheFlyingPanda

I have to say.. Now that I see what EUREKA! has surpised us with, there is a strong possibility of them giving us When Taekwondo Strikes and The Skyhawk on their roster.   

91PktsCaMsL._SL1500_.jpg

MV5BYWNjNWQwZGQtOGRiZi00Njc4LWE2ZTYtMThlYjUzMzAyM2I0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

6 hours ago, TheFlyingPanda said:

I have to say.. Now that I see what EUREKA! has surpised us with, there is a strong possibility of them giving us When Taekwondo Strikes and The Skyhawk on their roster.   

91PktsCaMsL._SL1500_.jpg

MV5BYWNjNWQwZGQtOGRiZi00Njc4LWE2ZTYtMThlYjUzMzAyM2I0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_.jpg

Ugh if they release Skyhawk idk what to do with the Blu i already have lol. But I'll definitely double dip and grab that alone with WTS. Both movies are great TKD/ hapkido flicks!

• Like 6

I was thinking yesterday how much I would like to see Eureka do THE VALIANT ONES considering they've already done its companion piece, LEE KHAN. King Hu forever.

• Like 7

thundered mantis

All the big classical kung Sammo movies have been released or announced, only The Victim remains.

Who would have dreamt of only a couple of years ago. With the Shaws steadily covered with Eureka, 88 films, Arrow and Spectrum, and modern actioners also announced, I simply wish some independent films get their limelight also. Hope we all see some gems coming for the fans! 

• Like 12
  • Buddha Bless You 1

19 minutes ago, Asmo said:

@thundered mantis I've said it before, but The Victim needs a similar release.

It needs it SO BAD. Also, ENTER THE FAT DRAGON needs a proper reconstruction in 1080p of the uncut HK theatrical version, but if WB owns it, that probably ain’t gonna happen any time soon. I’m really glad I got that German mediabook!!!

• Like 4

Agreed about Enter the Fat Dragon too. If it doesn't happen, well, I'm glad I got that German release myself.

• Like 4