The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 2/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, WaverBoy said:

Just received mine yesterday and the booklet is present and correct

Was it supposed to have a poster too, or not ?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

It doesn’t look like we’re getting any Asian releases from Eureka in May.

I’m sure our wallets will be glad to know of this 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HeavenSword said:

I’m sure our wallets will be glad to know of this 

Couldn't agree more. A bit of a reprieve is much needed. Though I'm sure 88 Films have May releases so it's not much of a reprieve!

• Like 1

This may be a long shot, but…any chance for a release of BIG AND LITTLE WONG TIN BAR (1962)? I had no idea Jackie and Sammo’s first featured screen appearance together was 21 years before WINNERS AND SINNERS and PROJECT A! I just found out about this once-thought-lost film and skimmed through it on YouTube. It’s pretty nuts, and even features a reptilian cave creature with Godzilla’s roar! Sammo is instantly recognizable but I’m not quite sure which of the other adorable Seven Little Fortunes is which, it’s a bit hard to tell because of the low-rez quality. No subtitles either. I’d love to be able to give this relic a proper watch.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 6

Ah... one of my favorite things to see in my e-mail when I wake up: "Your Eureka order has been despatched"

Odd Couple is on the way!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

legendarycurry

I have a question regarding the Eureka! Lucky Stars Collection: Is it the uncut version of all films and does it have the old school dubbed audio tracks or are they the newer dubs?

My first introduction to Lucky Stars was through a VHS I bought 20 years ago of My Lucky Stars (The tape was most likely released in the 80's) that I no longer have sadly, and it had the classic dub ( but still the Jenny Tseng song in the end credits that is a banger) so I am used to watching all the Lucky Stars films dubbed (though I prefer original Cantonese audio in all other cases)

I am interested to watch the films again for the first time in a long time, and especially in Cantonese, it is however still important to me that the old school dubs are still available.

My Lucky Stars has a special place in my heart since it made me a Sammo fan, and the dub was a big part of the experience in terms of entertainment value.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

17 hours ago, legendarycurry said:

I have a question regarding the Eureka! Lucky Stars Collection: Is it the uncut version of all films and does it have the old school dubbed audio tracks or are they the newer dubs?

My first introduction to Lucky Stars was through a VHS I bought 20 years ago of My Lucky Stars (The tape was most likely released in the 80's) that I no longer have sadly, and it had the classic dub ( but still the Jenny Tseng song in the end credits that is a banger) so I am used to watching all the Lucky Stars films dubbed (though I prefer original Cantonese audio in all other cases)

I am interested to watch the films again for the first time in a long time, and especially in Cantonese, it is however still important to me that the old school dubs are still available.

My Lucky Stars has a special place in my heart since it made me a Sammo fan, and the dub was a big part of the experience in terms of entertainment value.

They all have the original English dub so your safe. It's a great set all the films look and sound amazing. For lucky stars and twinkle Twinkle, I recommend the Cantonese Home Video Mix. Enjoy.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

legendarycurry
29 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

They all have the original English dub so your safe. It's a great set all the films look and sound amazing. For lucky stars and twinkle Twinkle, I recommend the Cantonese Home Video Mix. Enjoy.

Thank you for letting me know! :)

• Like 3

I don't think HMV or Fopp sell Eureka titles,same as they don't sell Indicator anymore. I imagine the BFI shop in South Bank would be the only source in London.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

I don't think HMV or Fopp sell Eureka titles,same as they don't sell Indicator anymore. I imagine the BFI shop in South Bank would be the only source in London.

Times has changed!

= (

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Times has changed!

= (

Ridiculously expensive but i still miss going to the Cinema Store on my trips to London :laugh

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure I’ve seen The Shaolin Plot. I think I’ll pick it up as a blind buy.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 4

One Eyed Fighter
9 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure I’ve seen The Shaolin Plot. I think I’ll pick it up as a blind buy.

There's a long trailer on YouTube that might convince you.  The movie does slow down at times but overall it's a pretty good flick with decent action.

• Like 1

legendarycurry
27 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I highly recommend this film! Everyone is great in it and it never drags and has solid action. 8/10 movie for me. I will definitely be adding this to my "must buys" from Eureka! Might be worth noting that it is primarily a James Tien and Chen Sing movie with Sammo playing a memorable supporting role.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1