The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

I wonder what the realistic chances are of an In The Line Of Duty box set, up through the 4th film at least. I’m watching #4 right now, on my ancient Universe DVD, which is non-anamorphic and looks pretty naff but zoomed in it’s watchable at least and, unlike most Universe DVDs, the 5.1 remix is a good one with no new garbage foley effects, for which I am thankful. (The subtitles, however, are barely comprehensible.) This film is an absolute CLASSIC, one of the best ever; nonstop insane fights/action/stunts, featuring an extremely young buck Donnie Yen. And I love Cynthia Khan. She’s cute as hell and completely bad-ass, and utterly fearless. Not as good of an actress as Michelle Yeoh, but that’s ok, she does just fine. And Yat Chor Yuen is extremely likable and sympathetic as the unfairly treated HK immigrant living in Seattle, where our story begins; he’s great during the fight scenes as well.

I’m dying for an upgrade of this whole series, I’ll even take 5 and 6, even though they’re not as good as the others.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 9

Spannick confirmed that both ITLOD and Tiger Cage series will arrive on bluray in the near future.

Robert Samuels spilled the beans not too long ago that the latter series (at least part 1) will be handled by 88 Films. 88 Films themselves posted that picture of a list of confirmed and hinted titles to be announced. You can see something among the hinted titles written that shows "TC 1-3". That most likely stands for "Tiger Cage 1-3".

Edited by DiP
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, DiP said:

Spannick confirmed that both ITLOD and Tiger Cage series will arrive on bluray in the near future.

Robert Samuels spilled the beans not too long ago that the latter series (at least part 1) will be handled by 88 Films. 88 Films themselves posted that picture of a list of confirmed and hinted titles to be announced. You can see something among the hinted titles written that shows "TC 1-3". That most likely stands for "Tiger Cage 1-3".

Fantastic news I hope girls with guns gem Angel isn't far behind and Killer Angels in the future and really looking forward to In the line of duty 1-4 getting upgrades so I can get them upgraded as well as Tiger cage 1 and 2 and I wonder when Righting Wrongs will get its release date

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

I wonder when Righting Wrongs will get it release date

Might get released at the end of the year. The list also hints two other Yuen Biao movies set for release this year; On the Run, and Iceman Cometh.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

So many HK classics are getting rescued from low-rez shitty remix DVD hell by Eureka and 88, with no end in sight!!!

11 hours ago, DiP said:

Might get released at the end of the year. The list also hints two other Yuen Biao movies set for release this year; On the Run, and Iceman Cometh.

Iceman Cometh getting a release? If it get's the release then ill look foward to getting it.

WaverBoy, Eureka and 88 are the true Hong Kong Rescue that's been recusing these amazing flims.

• Like 7

sifu iron perm
3 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Iceman Cometh getting a release? If it get's the release then ill look foward to getting it.

WaverBoy, Eureka and 88 are the true Hong Kong Rescue that's been recusing these amazing flims.

Hong Kong Legends did the true leg work!!

Props to them!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Cynthia Rothrock has posted on her FB that she's just done an interview for the blu ray of Righting Wrongs 

For 88, not Eureka. 

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I wonder who secured the In the line of Duty Series and who will end up with Angel once its ready if its not already and same with hopefully more to come girls with guns

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

I wonder who secured the In the line of Duty Series and who will end up with Angel once its ready if its not already and same with hopefully more to come girls with guns

The abbreviation “ITLOD” wasn’t on 88 Films’ 2022 schedule so if anyone has it, it’ll be Eureka. Unless it’s a spontaneous pick up for 88 Films that isn’t on their schedule. Though that’s unlikely since it seems like it would be a pretty big release.

Since there’s been no Hong Kong releases of the In the Line of Duty films yet, it could be that no western company has got the rights yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

The abbreviation “ITLOD” wasn’t on 88 Films’ 2022 schedule so if anyone has it, it’ll be Eureka. Unless it’s a spontaneous pick up for 88 Films that isn’t on their schedule. Though that’s unlikely since it seems like it would be a pretty big release.

Since there’s been no Hong Kong releases of the In the Line of Duty films yet, it could be that no western company has got the rights yet.

But… they also said “this is not everything”. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Hong Kong Legends did the true leg work!!

Props to them!

If Eureka continues to rescue films from HKL catalogue, Operation Scorpio would be amazing, And Ninja in dragons den...Hopefully rights are not big obstacle so there would be at least some kind of hope those masterpieces will br release one year...

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Any chance for Tiger On The Beat? Or Naked Killer perhaps? Those are my most wanted HKL upgrades (besides Bullet In The Head, but good luck with that one).

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, FightingFool said:

If Eureka continues to rescue films from HKL catalogue, Operation Scorpio would be amazing, And Ninja in dragons den...Hopefully rights are not big obstacle so there would be at least some kind of hope those masterpieces will br release one year...

I'm guessing it was you who was hoping for these on the Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society page on FB? I agreewith these, would also love Legend Of A Fighter to be rescued. Damn Seasonal rights!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

I'm guessing it was you who was hoping for these on the Hong Kong Cinema Appreciation Society page on FB? I agreewith these, would also love Legend Of A Fighter to be rescued. Damn Seasonal rights!

It was not me. I am not on FB movie groups except in 2 italian horror groups..Forums like this is best source for latest release info+discussion. Right, legend of a fighter would be nice too.+ Naked killer and that is quite high profile movie so am confident it happens eventually.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

• Administrator
On 2/11/2022 at 11:57 AM, FightingFool said:

Oh that would be fantastic.

If this happens, they should contact @One Armed Boxer to see if he and cityonfire.com would allow them to include his fantastic interview with "Scorpion King" Won Jin for an OPERATION SCORPIO Blu. I'm pretty sure he's still in touch with him, so perhaps a new on-camera interview could also be set up? :nerd: I freaking love that movie! Also, they'd definitely need to include the @Mike Leeder produced "demo" of his skills from the Hong Kong Legends release.

I've been wanting to show NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN to my son, and after watching TIGER ON THE BEAT with him last week he asked if I had any more films with Conan Lee. The HKL DVD is very good. But I'd hate to show him that, then months later find out it's coming out remastered in HD on some fabulous new Blu-ray. So I'm going to hold off for a bit before showing him.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:46 PM, WaverBoy said:

Any chance for Tiger On The Beat? Or Naked Killer perhaps? Those are my most wanted HKL upgrades (besides Bullet In The Head, but good luck with that one).

Lovely choices.

10 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

I would also love Legend Of A Fighter to be rescued. Damn Seasonal rights!

Same here. LEGEND OF A FIGHTER is a Class A kung fu flick. This is one I showed to my wife soon after we met and she loved it. What a treat it would be to see it in full scope again (The HKL's DVD crops the image from 2:35:1 or 2:39:1 down to 1:85:1).

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Got my Blu's of Warriors Two and Prodigal Son today. It was difficult to get it here in germany because Amazon germany did not sell it. So i got it from Amazon italy. After i watched it straight on my 4K TV i had the feeling i was watching them for the first time.... what a nice perfect picture quality. Over the years i had - have so much versions of this movies: Made in Hong Kong VHS, Hong Kong DVD, Hong Kong Legends DVD and from Prodigal Son a german DVD wich had the best picture quality. But now i am speechlees the Eureka Blu's look like 4K Masters. For me as a former wing chung student who still does his Sin Nim Tau and Chum Kiu daily it give me the feeling to go back and start again wing chung. But i am old and i have not enough time because of the worklife.

Legend of a Fighter would be a dream to see in the full scope. One of my favored Leung Ka-Yan movies beside The Thundering Mantis and The Victim. Eureka i want more ................

• Like 8

9 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Got my Blu's of Warriors Two and Prodigal Son today. It was difficult to get it here in germany because Amazon germany did not sell it. So i got it from Amazon italy. After i watched it straight on my 4K TV i had the feeling i was watching them for the first time.... what a nice perfect picture quality. Over the years i had - have so much versions of this movies: Made in Hong Kong VHS, Hong Kong DVD, Hong Kong Legends DVD and from Prodigal Son a german DVD wich had the best picture quality. But now i am speechlees the Eureka Blu's look like 4K Masters. For me as a former wing chung student who still does his Sin Nim Tau and Chum Kiu daily it give me the feeling to go back and start again wing chung. But i am old and i have not enough time because of the worklife.

Legend of a Fighter would be a dream to see in the full scope. One of my favored Leung Ka-Yan movies beside The Thundering Mantis and The Victim. Eureka i want more ................

Dont you order them from eurekas website? 

Im also in germany and still waiting for my prodigal son since midjanuary. I think in this case the bluray is prodigal for me :)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Oh that would be fantastic.

If this happens, they should contact @One Armed Boxer to see if he and cityonfire.com would allow them to include his fantastic interview with "Scorpion King" Won Jin for an OPERATION SCORPIO Blu. I'm pretty sure he's still in touch with him, so perhaps a new on-camera interview could also be set up? :nerd: I freaking love that movie! Also, they'd definitely need to include the @Mike Leeder produced "demo" of his skills from the Hong Kong Legends release.

I've been wanting to show NINJA IN THE DRAGON'S DEN to my son, and after watching TIGER ON THE BEAT with him last week he asked if I had any more films with Conan Lee. The HKL DVD is very good. But I'd hate to show him that, then months later find out it's coming out remastered in HD on some fabulous new Blu-ray. So I'm going to hold off for a bit before showing him.

Lovely choices.

Operation Scorpio would be in my most wanted too and yes the Won Jin demo on the HKL disc is superb. The demos on the HKL discs were a real highlight for me and I watched them many times as opposed to the interviews that I tend to view just once or twice. Wouldn't it be great if we could get a new demo from Won Jin!! I bet he's still got some cool moves.

I've not watched Ninja in the Dragons Den for quite a while but I remember it as being tremendous fun with superb action, it'd be another day one buy for me if 88/Eureka released it.

• Like 5