The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Dreadnaught running time 95 mins uncut?

Dreadnaught running time 92 mins cut(2006) BBFC 

To be honest not to bothered wether it’s cut or not as it involves only animal scene but interesting netherless.

• Like 3

On 1/21/2022 at 4:49 AM, HeavenSword said:

I gotta say…..watching Prodigal Sun,  I  rewinded that fight scene between Frankie Chan and Lam Ching Yi seven times. It’s just so swift and crisp .  Also noticed Yuen Biao doubling for Frankie a couple times. 

Bring on Skinny Tiger, Fat Dragon !

100% agree.. that fight has some of the crispest kung fu fight choreography I have ever seen! The only bad thing about it is that its too short!!!

Edited by Ninja Sinai
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

EKA70455-Dreadnaught-OCard_website.jpg

EKA70456-Knockabout-OCard_website.jpg

Probably my favorite covers Darren Wheeling has ever done! Excellent work! Definitely pre-ordering since I love both films!

I noticed at the end of the Knockabout trailer, it says a Deleted Scene is one of the special features. I'm unaware of any deleted scenes for Knockabout. I would be amazed if it's some never-before-seen footage!

• Like 6

That looks so great. Only seen the training scene of knockabout on youtube. Borh first time watches for me so excited for both movies. 

Anyone else who preordered still waiting for prodigal son? Mine was sent 2 weeks ago, im still waiting for it in germany

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

I noticed at the end of the Knockabout trailer, it says a Deleted Scene is one of the special features. I'm unaware of any deleted scenes for Knockabout. I would be amazed if it's some never-before-seen footage!

On the hkl disc there was a feature called Back to red that was an intro with Yuen Biao & Sammo performing moves against a red backdrop. I wonder if that's the scene? If it's not then I hope Back to red is also on the release as it's really cool.

Edited by andy338
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Graysman said:

Dreadnaught running time 95 mins uncut?

Dreadnaught running time 92 mins cut(2006) BBFC 

To be honest not to bothered wether it’s cut or not as it involves only animal scene but interesting netherless.

Has anybody confirmed this yet? Irongod2112 did say the print he was working on was uncut but wasn't sure if this would be the final version.

• Like 4

Terrific new releases, will preorder asap! I have Knockabout HKL, but I don't own a physical copy of Dreadnaught in any shape or form so this is a very welcomed release. Great way to start a year, thanks Eureka!

And yes, there's defo improvement to be seen in the cover art department.

• Like 3

I have both KNOCKABOUT and DREADNAUGHT on the ancient non-anamorphic Megastar DVDs, although surprisingly they were much better than other Megastar and Universe jobs because they had original mono soundtracks, and the widescreen prints were pretty decent for HK DVD releases of the era. Nice cover art too. But I can’t wait to unload them in favour of these new Eureka releases! Eureka is absolutely KILLING IT

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3

Dreadnaught pre-ordered. Glad did not buy scandinavian collection some years ago and now see it 1st time ever as proper version. Great to have Lily Li interview in extra. Only thing don`t like is Bryan "dub" on the cover. If have to go for export name, better call him Beardy or even Postman. But no issues.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker

So the Warriors Two Eureka set doesn't have the old skool english dub? Meh, I'll pass on that. That was the only reason why I wanted to get it. 

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

So the Warriors Two Eureka set doesn't have the old skool english dub? Meh, I'll pass on that. That was the only reason why I wanted to get it. 

I would think a sterling new HD transfer for both films might be reason enough — can’t wait for mine, English dub or no

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

Warriors Two does indeed have the Classic old school English dub.

It even includes the restored English export cut. :)

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

Warriors Two does indeed have the Classic old school English dub.

It even includes the restored English export cut. :)

Yeah, I was gonna say, I could have sworn I read the dub was included 👍🏻

• Like 4

I think it might have been the newer Fortune Star English dub that was omitted.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FightingFool said:

Only thing don`t like is Bryan "dub" on the cover. If have to go for export name, better call him Beardy or even Postman. But no issues.

I thought that looked odd too, why not just put Leung Kar-Yan?

Edited by andy338
  • Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 1/27/2022 at 7:44 PM, AslanBey said:

That looks so great. Only seen the training scene of knockabout on youtube. Borh first time watches for me so excited for both movies. 

Anyone else who preordered still waiting for prodigal son? Mine was sent 2 weeks ago, im still waiting for it in germany

Yep, still waiting,  too

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andy338 said:

He has been known as Leung Kar Yan for so long now, it feels like referring to Yuen Biao as Bill or Jimmy Yuen.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, andy338 said:

I asked them to change it but Eureka wanted to use Bryan. Not the end of world but still strange I have to admit.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

I asked them to change it but Eureka wanted to use Bryan. Not the end of world but still strange I have to admit.

It's strange for me as I don't think i've ever heard him called Bryan before, only Leung Kar-Yan or Beardy.

• Like 5

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, andy338 said:

It's strange for me as I don't think i've ever heard him called Bryan before, only Leung Kar-Yan or Beardy.

Just call him BEARDY!!!

• Like 4