The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

It would be great if Eureka could issue a new Police Story trilogy set which includes cleaned-up restored versions of the long Japanese cut of the first film and the HK theatrical cut of the second film. This is a thing that really needs to happen.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

14 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

It would be great if Eureka could issue a new Police Story trilogy set which includes cleaned-up restored versions of the long Japanese cut of the first film and the HK theatrical cut of the second film. This is a thing that really needs to happen.

Police Story Part II also has a Taiwanese version/cut, as well as an English dub export version/cut.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

16 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Agreed! Just in time for Supercops anniversary in July! Would love a restored HK cut of PS2.

• Like 5

I have the Eureka Police Story set, as well as the Criterion set. Honestly? I could go the rest of my life without another Police Story/Police Story 2 release.

A Supercop release though? Take my money.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I have the Eureka Police Story set, as well as the Criterion set. Honestly? I could go the rest of my life without another Police Story/Police Story 2 release.

A Supercop release though? Take my money.

Except the long cut of PS1 and the HK cut of PS2 need to be restored, so they might as well put one more set out, all complete and correct and restored this time.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Except the long cut of PS1 and the HK cut of PS2 need to be restored, so they might as well put one more set out, all complete and correct and restored this time.

I can do without those cuts. I’d rather these companies focus on other releases.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I can do without those cuts. I’d rather these companies focus on other releases.

Not me; the long cut of PS1 is by far the best IMO, and I hear the HK cut of 🤓PS2 is the best so I’d rather watch it for the first time in pristine condition.

• Like 2

TheFlyingPanda

I watched Throwdown on a 72" 4k Tv and it's indeed stylish with nice framework, definitely not the cup of tea I usually drink with Martial arts films, but still worth being in my collection and I appreciated the cinematography this time around a lot more.  I haven't watched PTU yet, but did pick up a copy from Eureka. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I feel this way too, I find the differences between all the cuts of these movies doesn't really add to my enjoyment of them overall. Whilst extended/deleted scenes add an element of interest it's not enough for me to want to purchase additional versions. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, Daxtreme said:

Also the HK cut of Police Story 4 / First Strike PLEASE and thank you :D 

Warner might hopefully release this one this year

• Like 4

3 hours ago, H A S S A N said:

Got my set delivered this morning and again it looks fantastic, thank you to everyone involved in getting these out to us fams.271814895_5408236465857464_6989310930905271888795_5408236762524101_8274248975849271743430_5408236705857440_6120367986892271736773_5408236492524128_5397256062255271850023_5408236579190786_8705351561807271854533_5408236932524084_7121981178388271841072_5408236615857449_5327129392614271828072_5408237072524070_7360328918382

How did you get your copy early? I'm jealous.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

How did you get your copy early? I'm jealous.

I ordered directly from Eureka and they usually ship out early

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Store over here got it today with another title am interested of so know how I will spend 72€ tomorrow..Don`t remember much of Prodigal Son, just that end fight between frankie chan and yuen biao was quite brutal and sammo was neat as wing chun sifu. Rest of flick, no memory.

Sieppaa.PNG

• Like 3

I've not received my copy yet but I saw that the Making of Warriors Two feature that was on the HKL disc is on the new Eureka release and this had (if I remember correctly) some Bey Logan input. I was wondering if work he did on other movies particularly commentaries would ever be picked up by Eureka/88 Films as they were generally pretty good and it would be a shame if interviews etc weren't used if they'd enhance a release.

• Like 3

Will be a first time watch for both of these . I think so far this and Millionaires Express have the best cover art. I like the orange and blue mix .

2980398A-880A-4FC8-B1F1-51BF9E7A775A.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

On 1/18/2022 at 10:55 PM, HeavenSword said:

Will be a first time watch for both of these . I think so far this and Millionaires Express have the best cover art. I like the orange and blue mix .

2980398A-880A-4FC8-B1F1-51BF9E7A775A.jpeg

Your in for a treat. Enjoy!

• Like 6

On 1/17/2022 at 7:29 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Has anyone else who pre ordered warriors two/Prod son received their order yet?

Not received yet, but received the shipping notice one or two dans ago from zavvi.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

My Warriors Two/The Prodigal Son set got to US shores quickly! I received mine two days ago. Can't wait to rewatch the latter. It's been a while.

• Like 5

Chemical Lemon
1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

My Warriors Two/The Prodigal Son set got to US shores quickly! I received mine two days ago. Can't wait to rewatch the latter. It's been a while.

Whatever Eureka is doing for shipping to the US is definitely working. I’ll consistently get their disks about a week after they ship them out. Just about every other UK retailer takes from a month to two months to get to me. This on top of the fact the shipping is free.

• Like 7