The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, BigDruDogg said:

Wow, what I wouldn't give for a Johnny To Box set similar to the Joseph Kuo one...  :bs_moneymad:

That would be a dream come true! A box-set containing the most prominent To/Milkyway movies from 1995 to 2012 🥲🙏

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 12/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, Drunksnake said:

Still thinking a Huang Feng set is coming! And I'm not budging lol.

FB_IMG_1640870887634.jpg.bae5878d3716baeb5b9586970692a6c7.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 12:34 AM, ZenkaigerBat said:

Hapkido!!!! YES!!!!!! YES!!!! I Knew  Eureka wouldn't let me down!

Okay, done.  Carry on!

I hope the Hap Ki Do release will include the "kung fu hapkido" dub:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ZenkaigerBat
2 minutes ago, Omni Dragon said:

I hope the Hap Ki Do release will include the "kung fu hapkido" dub:

Yeah....I hope so too.

• Like 5

sifu iron perm
On 12/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, andy338 said:

Will Dreadnaught be uncut? I seem to remember the HKL disc had a small cut for animal cruelty but I don't own it so can't say for sure.

The Danish set that had dread was uncut eng dub. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 6:22 AM, Django said:

I think it's out of print by now unfortunately. I only have Fatal Flying Guillotines from this label but it's a beautiful release. Whish I would've jumped on this one when I had the chance

https://www.amazon.de/Bruce/dp/B07PGX7KPS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=39L7ER50FCI4V&keywords=spiel+des+todes+blu&qid=1640787654&sprefix=spiel+des+todes%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-1

It may be OOP but there are still copies left for sale but currently only with this cover variant.

gelberbruceimspielbmb.jpg

• Like 3

We definitely need a few Johnnie To sets. Ideally, an “early years” set that could include THE BIG HEAT, ALL ABOUT AH-LONG, THE FUN THE LUCK AND THE TYCOON, THE HEROIC TRIO, EXECUTIONERS, etc., and a couple Milkyway box sets too, so we could get classics like TOO MANY WAYS TO BE #1, A HERO NEVER DIES, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, RUNNING OUT OF TIME 1 & 2, FULLTIME KILLER, etc. Now, the only films I’ve seen out of all these are THE BIG HEAT, THE HEROIC TRIO, and EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, so I have a lot of ground to make up as I’ve been woefully underexposed to Johnnie To and Milkyway, and I hear pretty much nothing but good things about these films. What are some thoughts on Eureka’s PTU release? Worth a purchase? Good film?

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

We definitely need a few Johnnie To sets. Ideally, an “early years” set that could include THE BIG HEAT, ALL ABOUT AH-LONG, THE FUN THE LUCK AND THE TYCOON, THE HEROIC TRIO, EXECUTIONERS, etc., and a couple Milkyway box sets too, so we could get classics like TOO MANY WAYS TO BE #1, A HERO NEVER DIES, EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, RUNNING OUT OF TIME 1 & 2, FULLTIME KILLER, etc. Now, the only films I’ve seen out of all these are THE BIG HEAT, THE HEROIC TRIO, and EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED, so I have a lot of ground to make up as I’ve been woefully underexposed to Johnnie To and Milkyway, and I hear pretty much nothing but good things about these films. What are some thoughts on Eureka’s PTU release? Worth a purchase? Good film?

Johnnie To's movies, especially his post Milkyway movies from 1996-present day, are a bit of an acquired taste if you ask me. His earlier movies from the late 80s to mid 90s, are more commercialized and therefore easier to get into. Again, it depends. PTU is one of his best efforts imo but it's slow-paced and doesn't have many action set-pieces, like Fulltime Killer or Exiled. I'd say rent it and see for yourself.

• Like 4

On 12/27/2021 at 2:59 PM, andy338 said:

Will Dreadnaught be uncut? I seem to remember the HKL disc had a small cut for animal cruelty but I don't own it so can't say for sure.

I'm not sure yet. It's possible the scene where Yuen Shun Yee ripping a chicken's head off might be cut, like the HKL DVD.

However the current screener that I'm working with is uncut. So this will be a wait and see situation.

I also just finished work on another classic Yuen Biao film that hasn't been announced yet. ;)

• Like 18

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

I'm not sure yet. It's possible the scene where Yuen Shun Yee ripping a chicken's head off might be cut, like the HKL DVD.

However the current screener that I'm working with is uncut. So this will be a wait and see situation.

I also just finished work on another classic Yuen Biao film that hasn't been announced yet. ;)

Bet you its knockabout.

• Like 8

ZenkaigerBat
2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

The Iceman Commeth??

• Like 3

FightingFool
2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Surely it is "on the  run"...:thumbsup

• Like 6

I’d be happy with KNOCKABOUT, THE CHAMPIONS, ON THE RUN, THE PEACOCK KING, or THE ICEMAN COMETH for that unannounced Yuen Biao movie. Especially KNOCKABOUT!

So…I’m still hoping for a restored double feature of Billy Chong’s batshit crazy KUNG FU ZOMBIE and KUNG FU FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE…should I quit hoping? And howzabout Sammo’s THE DEAD AND THE DEADLY? Or more installments of the MR. VAMPIRE series? Gotta get more of these vintage nutzoid kung fu horror flicks all gussied up for Blu!

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

So…I’m still hoping for a restored double feature of Billy Chong’s batshit crazy KUNG FU ZOMBIE and KUNG FU FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

A Billy Chong's boxset with ALL of the movies he played in !

• Like 5

Iron Head Rat
3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

A Billy Chong's boxset with ALL of the movies he played in !

That would be great Shaw Angela. Loved him in Crystal Fist. That English Dub :clappinghands

• Like 4

Eureka is at the point where it feels like ANYTHING is on the table, and that's incredibly exciting. Reminds me of the good old days collecting Dragon Dynasty and you never knew what the next release was going to be.

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 minute ago, wmcguire18 said:

Eureka is at the point where it feels like ANYTHING is on the table, and that's incredibly exciting. Reminds me of the good old days collecting Dragon Dynasty and you never knew what the next release was going to be.

Exactly!! One of my best purchases over the years was my Region B Blu-Ray Player lol

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I’d be happy with KNOCKABOUT, THE CHAMPIONS, ON THE RUN, THE PEACOCK KING, or THE ICEMAN COMETH for that unannounced Yuen Biao movie. Especially KNOCKABOUT!

So…I’m still hoping for a restored double feature of Billy Chong’s batshit crazy KUNG FU ZOMBIE and KUNG FU FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE…should I quit hoping? And howzabout Sammo’s THE DEAD AND THE DEADLY? Or more installments of the MR. VAMPIRE series? Gotta get more of these vintage nutzoid kung fu horror flicks all gussied up for Blu!

I think you just might be happy when you see some of the upcoming announcements from both Eureka & 88 Films. :)

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 4

On 1/2/2022 at 2:06 PM, DiP said:

PTU is one of his best efforts imo but it's slow-paced and doesn't have many action set-pieces, like Fulltime Killer or Exiled.

Absolutely agreed, PTU is one of To's best!

On 1/2/2022 at 6:31 PM, Irongod2112 said:

In hope that a fan's opinion can make a difference in these situations, I vote for the uncut.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

In hope that a fan's opinion can make a difference in these situations, I vote for the uncut.

6 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Eureka always try to release uncut if it's possible. Fingers crossed! 🤞

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

21 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

I think you just might be happy when you see some of the upcoming announcements from both Eureka & 88 Films. :)

Any chance we might see the 'Young and Dangerous' series get a release from either company, or if they even have a chance of getting restorations?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Who holds Police Story 3 any chance of either Eureka or 88 being able to secure it?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

Who holds Police Story 3

I think Dimension Films/Lantern Entertainment, though it could be some other company.

2 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

any chance of either Eureka or 88 being able to secure it?

I highly doubt it, sadly.

• Like 2