The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

1 hour ago, Django said:

There's still a lot of lovely films to get the Eureka! treatment! For example, we only have one Lee Tso Nam film available on Blu-Ray!! 

Edit: Actually there's two I remembered now. Enter the Game of Death has a German release.

Any links for that German release please?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

Just a tad too obscure I would think

Considering we've had an awesome Joseph Kuo set and these last two announcements are directed by Feng, I think it  COULD be possible.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

Any links for that German release please?

I think it's out of print by now unfortunately. I only have Fatal Flying Guillotines from this label but it's a beautiful release. Whish I would've jumped on this one when I had the chance

https://www.amazon.de/Bruce/dp/B07PGX7KPS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=39L7ER50FCI4V&keywords=spiel+des+todes+blu&qid=1640787654&sprefix=spiel+des+todes%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-1

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

20 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Here you go brother- now you've seen a picture of her. :wink: L-R @Karlos, Angela Mao-Ying, and some big bastard that likes to scribble on paper. :xd: This photo was taken in 2018 at one of her restaurants in New York City.

@WaverBoy have you seen ENTER THE DRAGON? She plays Bruce Lee's sister in that.

She's really fantastic. Not only is she a good actress, but she truly sells the power behind her strikes and looks fully capable of easily demolishing multiple attackers with her kung fu skills. There's a reason they call her "Lady Whirlwind"! On top of her being fantastic to watch in her films, she's also a very intelligent, outspoken, and super sweet lady.

Angela Mao's restaurant, 4-29-2018, 20180429_153600.jpg

And here, in France, she was known as the Female Bruce Lee.

That's how I discovered her without  having never watched any of her movies nor Bruce's ones, just by reading some magazines... And I instantly fell in love with her as an actress, just watching the picture where she is with Nora Miao from the movie The Eight Invincibles. That's the first movie of hers that I bought in 2009.

By the way, it would be so great to get this movie released by 88 or any other company, maybe an uncut version with the scene shown in the above mentioned picture...Yes, I know that I already talked about this picture and some members here said that it maybe was a promotional picture, but I love to dream that an uncut version if the movie exists...

Nice picture here, thanks for sharing...And I'm still looking forward to read Karlos' article about your meeting with Angela Mao...😀

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Django said:

There's still a lot of lovely films to get the Eureka! treatment! For example, we only have one Lee Tso Nam film available on Blu-Ray!! 

Edit: Actually there's two I remembered now. Enter the Game of Death has a German release.

I would love to see a proper release with readable subtitles of Showdown at the Cottonmill.

And all Ma Yong Zheng alike movies which Wang Yu played in.

And most of all : Beauty Heroine  !!!!!!

• Like 5

• Administrator
7 hours ago, FlipOtaku said:

My dream release from eureka would be Beach of the War Gods 

7 hours ago, Asmo said:

I remember hearing great things about that film in the late 2000s, so I bought the Joy Sales Legendary Collection release when available. Outside of maybe a Japanese remaster it would have been the only release available to me at that time. Man... Was I not disappointed. That film is just action packed, wall to wall insanity. I should dig that DVD back out and give it a watch.

7 hours ago, FlipOtaku said:

It’s one of my favorite Jimmy Wang Yu movies! First half is sorta similar to seven samurai then it goes into straight mayhem. 

7 hours ago, Asmo said:

There's a definite Kurosawa influence in there, you're right. I think I will find it and watch it later. It's been too long since I've seen it.

BEACH OF THE WAR GODS does kick some serious ass! I agree about your observations @Asmo and @FlipOtaku. Jimmy was a big fan of Japanese cinema and his passion for it helped inform the style with which he made his own films. From the moment he picks up the chopsticks in the beginning I was hooked. :bigsmile:

I had only ever seen a hideous, cropped version of the film before Shout Factory put out their Jimmy Wang Yu Collection, so seeing it widescreen was a treat. Because I dig the film so much I went back later and expanded on the BEACH part of the art I created for that collection, creating a stand-alone piece for it. I'd definitely be on board for a Blu-ray release of it if that happens

2 hours ago, Django said:

I think it's out of print by now unfortunately. I only have Fatal Flying Guillotines from this label but it's a beautiful release. Whish I would've jumped on this one when I had the chance

https://www.amazon.de/Bruce/dp/B07PGX7KPS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=39L7ER50FCI4V&keywords=spiel+des+todes+blu&qid=1640787654&sprefix=spiel+des+todes%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-1

Yes, TVP- The Vengeance Pack put a lot of love and attention into their releases. I don't think I'd seen ENTER THE GAME OF DEATH before I was hired to do art for it. Mirko had told me I'd dig it, but I was still very surprised by how good it is. Kind of a trip that we get to see an approximation of the Bruce Lee vs. Bolo fight we all hoped would happen in ENTER THE DRAGON. Of course Bruce Le isn't Bruce Lee, but it's still a foot-stomper of a battle.

Agreed, they hooked up FATAL FLYING GUILLOTINES too. Before the TVP release I'd only ever seen the shitty US one with the reels in the wrong order! :dull

Well, Eureka's plan is working... we're all chatting and guessing what they'll be gracing us with next.

BEACH OF THE WAR GODS (IMAGE SAMPLE) 11x17.jpg

• Like 5

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Karlos said:

@KUNG FU BOBtruly, a treasured memory, Brother!

The only thing that could've made meeting her cooler was doing it with you, @irongut, and my sister, and that's what happened. :rofl

26 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

And here, in France, she was known as the Female Bruce Lee.

That's how I discovered her without  having never watched any of her movies nor Bruce's ones, just by reading some magazines... And I instantly fell in love with her as an actress, just watching the picture where she is with Nora Miao from the movie The Eight Invincibles. That's the first movie of hers that I bought in 2009.

By the way, it would be so great to get this movie released by 88 or any other company, maybe an uncut version with the scene shown in the above mentioned picture...Yes, I know that I already talked about this picture and some members here said that it maybe was a promotional picture, but I love to dream that an uncut version if the movie exists...

Nice picture here, thanks for sharing...And I'm still looking forward to read Karlos' article about your meeting with Angela Mao...😀

Well said! The world of kung fu fans would absolutely benefit from HD Angela Mao releases!

Time flies! @Karlos and I both had plans to share all the cool little details of his trip and our incredible weekend of meeting both Sonny Chiba and Angela Mao. :nerd: Maybe now that my brother has refined his writing skills with his contribution to the booklet in 88 Films' DISCIPLES OF SHAOLIN Blu-ray he'll be up to sharing our adventure. :wink:

• Like 7

If anyone is interested, I recently interviewed Frank Djeng alongside my friend on my YouTube channel. He cheekily let’s slip of a few upcoming releases, great great guy! 

Edited by FlipOtaku
  • Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Ps I know the thumbnail states something incorrectly, I didn’t make it my buddy did. We streamed to 3 channels all at once and he used the same thumbnail for all three. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

BEACH OF THE WAR GODS (IMAGE SAMPLE) 11x17.jpg

That's a thing of beauty! Would love to see this one get a stand a lone Blu Ray release! I have the German Hardbox.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

11 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Still thinking a Huang Feng set is coming! And I'm not budging lol.

FB_IMG_1640870887634.jpg.bae5878d3716baeb5b9586970692a6c7.jpg

Hapkido!!!! YES!!!!!! YES!!!! I Knew  Eureka wouldn't let me down!

Okay, done.  Carry on!

• Like 6

Going to be an expensive 2022. Eureka,88, more Arrow Shaws...then the germans always come up with surprising old school movies i want. If an enterprising USA label wants to ride the wave and licence and release some classics i'll be bankrupt.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
On 12/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, Django said:

He didn't direct Enter the Game of Death...at least, he's not credited for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

I could be wrong but I believe this is for 'Running Out of Time 2'.FH8CSKnWQAEZuOs?format=jpg&name=small

Wow, what I wouldn't give for a Johnny To Box set similar to the Joseph Kuo one...  :bs_moneymad:

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 2