The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Don't Warner own ETFD?

They own the rights to that, alongside a couple of other Sammo titles such as 'Pedicab Driver', 'Encounter of Spooky Kind II' and the third Lucky Stars film. Here is a list of Golden Harvest titles that WB owns, though this might not be the accurate list as I do recall seeing a much bigger list of WB owned titles somewhere.

• Like 5

Great. Never mind. I’ll continue to treasure my German mediabook then, because on the non-existent chance that WB ever does put it out, it’ll no doubt be gimped like their absolutely pathetic release of DRUNKEN MASTER II.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

He was asked in the comments if STFD would be uncut and he replied "longer cut with Mark Houghton" so I think we can assume it will be.

That's news to me since I'm working on it right now. :)

The extra fight footage will be included as an extra and not part of the main film.

There will be a very cool limited extra for the first pressing so make sure to preorder early when it's officially announced.

Enter the Fat Dragon is with Warner Brothers unfortunately. :(

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

The extra fight footage will be included as an extra and not part of the main film.

There will be a very cool limited extra for the first pressing so make sure to preorder early when it's officially announced.

While it's great to know these are coming it's a shame that it's been leaked so early, kinda ruins the surprise when we get near to a Eureka announcement.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

While it's great to know these are coming it's a shame that it's been leaked so early, kinda ruins the surprise when we get near to a Eureka announcement.

Don't worry, many more surprises coming next year. :)

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 3

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

While I will buy this in any case, and am very grateful for all your collective effort on these releases, this is extremely disappointing news, and I dearly hope the powers that be reconsider. My enthusiasm over this release has been significantly dampened. Very bad call IMO. 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

There should most definitely be an option to watch the film uncut via seamless branching.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 4

On 11/13/2021 at 11:03 PM, Drunken Monk said:

Robert Samuels just revealed that Odd Couple and Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon are on the way!

9B9456E7-411B-4882-B00D-F12FA2F608F3.jpeg

More Sammo titles is always a good thing.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Noooooo!!

Give it up Warners!, give it up!

• Like 3

On 11/14/2021 at 7:07 PM, nahnahnah said:

They own the rights to that, alongside a couple of other Sammo titles such as 'Pedicab Driver', 'Encounter of Spooky Kind II' and the third Lucky Stars film. Here is a list of Golden Harvest titles that WB owns, though this might not be the accurate list as I do recall seeing a much bigger list of WB owned titles somewhere.

I doubt those are all GH titles but regardless, that's too much of a treasure in the hands of someone not willing to share on regular basis.

• Like 4

Eureka! are revealing their February line-up this Thursday. Despite my wallet needing a well deserved break, I’m kind of hoping for Odd Couple and Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon. Or maybe even a surprise or two.

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Eureka! are revealing their February line-up this Thursday. Despite my wallet needing a well deserved break, I’m kind of hoping for Odd Couple and Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon. Or maybe even a surprise or two.

Their Asian releases seem to be bi-monthly so I wouldn't expect anything announced before the March line up now. Hope I'm wrong of course 

• Like 2

For fans of Joseph Kuo, you can watch the following titles in theaters in NYC thanks to Subway Cinema:

18 BRONZEMEN! (1976; 2K restoration)
RETURN OF 18 BRONZEMEN! (1976; 2K restoration)
7 GRANDMASTERS! (1977; 2K restoration)
MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING! (1979; 35mm)
36 DEADLY STYLES! (1979; 2K restoration)

Or you can stream the following films at home:

SHAOLIN KUNG FU! (1974)
SHAOLIN KIDS! (1975)
THE OLD MASTER! (1979)
WORLD OF THE DRUNKEN MASTER! (1979)

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Their Asian releases seem to be bi-monthly so I wouldn't expect anything announced before the March line up now. Hope I'm wrong of course 

I'm pretty sure you're wrong for I have titles scheduled every month for all of 2022 and that doesn't even include the upcoming 88 Films releases. So I would expect something cool announced tomorrow.  :)

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2

24 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

I'm pretty sure you're wrong for I have titles scheduled every month for all of 2022 and that doesn't even include the upcoming 88 Films releases. So I would expect something cool announced tomorrow.  :)

awesome news

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Just for clarification, are you referring to Eureka releases or U.K and U.S releases (not including 88 Films) in general when you say that you have titles scheduled for every month in 2022?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Bankruptcy 😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

There will be an exclusive extra first pressing only so please make sure you get your preorders in. :)

I really hope that’s the uncut version with the missing fight footage reinstated. Please tell me that’s what it is. Please. I beg of you. 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Like 3

258713721_5193468667334246_1740920875242

When it rains it pours, got all 3 of these delivered today 😍
Eureka Entertainments ‘Cinematic Vengeance’ Box Set along with the great Ringo Lam’s furiously ballistic ‘Full Alert’ and Criterion Collections ‘Once Upon A Time In China’ Box Set. Here’s hoping next year we’re going to be getting all 80’s and 90’s HK action goodness. Not a very big fan of 70’s Kung Fu flicks or Shaw Bros but I’m going to support these releases and boutique labels so we can get more HK releases in the future.

• Like 10

257789234_5193478510666595_2065105500271

I have been waiting to watch this Ringo Lam flick since it was announced a few months ago.
Full Alert delivers on the action front with a bruising car chase around the 30 minute mark, some fisticuffs and a couple of shootouts, this is not an all out bombastic action fest but more of a dramatic thriller. It’s Michael Mann’s Heat done through the lens of kinetic Hong Kong cinema. The acting is top notch with both Lau Ching Wan and Francis Ng delivering blistering performances as well as all the other cast.

The picture and sound are both excellent, a nice layer of film grain is present. The 2.0 Cantonese soundtrack is exceptional with the score by composer Peter Lam being excellently used.

Haven’t had the chance to sit through the 3 different audio commentaries, one each by Frank Djeng, Director Ringo Lam and composer Peter Lam but I’m sure they’ll be pretty cool to listen to.

If you’re on the fence about getting please do yourself a favour and give it a go, you won’t see HK action flicks like this ever again, Director Ringo Lam is no longer with us but his legacy lives on through his amazing under appreciated filmography.

Can’t wait for Eureka to release more HK films from the 80’s and 90’s, thank you to all those involved in getting this release out to us.

Eureka has been THE boutique label of the year for me, the amount and varied HK films released this year has been staggering.
I can see next year topping this one!

• Like 9