The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

SuperTiaanBro

I haven't ordered from Eureka before and I want to hear your opinions on them. I want to get the Cinematic Vengeance boxset, but I don't know if I should.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuperTiaanBro said:

I haven't ordered from Eureka before and I want to hear your opinions on them. I want to get the Cinematic Vengeance boxset, but I don't know if I should.

Eureka is one of the best, but up to you if you want to  get these rare gems that have been remastered full of epic special features.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Eureka is one of the best, but up to you if you want to  get these rare gems that have been remastered full of epic special features.

I see what you did there . 😎

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

You did,  yes, you're right. I am the Iron Monkey!

WS-IRON-MONKEY-STILL-1.jpg

Rewatched it again last weekend with my wife... what a damn masterpiece. The only thing i could cry about is that this masterpiece doesnt have a fullthrottle soundtrack like ouatic or drunken master (except where little feihung fights).

• Like 4

On 11/1/2021 at 1:57 AM, ZenkaigerBat said:

I hope so, It deserves  the best release that's it might get.

Definitely. And the reception to the recent 2k/4k remasters have hopefully shown that there's more of a market for them than for known upscales.

9 hours ago, Graysman said:

Mine cinematic vengeance box set shipped today whoopie!!!

You're gonna enjoy it!

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Django said:

Epic, gorgeous - simply amazing!!! How come you got it already? Wasn't it supposed to drop on 15th?

Eureka always seem to post before actual date. just watched 7 Grandmasters in original mandarin sound track and the quality and sound is f@%#ing epic eureka, @Irongod2112 and all who were involved have done a phenomenal job massive congratulations to all.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 2

sifu iron perm
6 hours ago, Graysman said:

Eureka cinematic vengeance box set in the house guys looking epic can’t wait to see these

07BEC307-C151-4DD8-A7BE-2D4AB89ABB5E.jpeg

85728B4B-D9A3-4AFB-B1AC-B37ABB0E1111.jpeg

9AB4FBBA-1169-49E2-B3F3-67685F2F45FD.jpeg

DCC5B3BD-62D8-4303-9A50-7BCFF55FB920.jpeg

90A32BFF-293E-43C2-882B-6007AC8DF725.jpeg

3E1D6A7A-A4DA-4DFC-AFF0-BDFB4AA46665.jpeg

5FF01CD1-6793-45A6-AA96-12E1A6985185.jpeg

E507A648-E19A-4029-B5D9-27D6F49B72F6.jpeg

F8AAF827-290E-49E7-92B7-D5456F07A98A.jpeg

Hey, how did you get it so early????

isn't meant to be released on the 14th? 

• Like 4

Guys another update from me personally. I have just watched my second film from the cinematic vengeance boxset. The 36 Deadly styles and again PQ is outstanding what i must add though is hearing these in the original Mandarin audio and newly created English subs makes these movies really stand out what i'm saying is it's like the films were made yesterday and not in the 70's , 80's. if you haven't seen these movies before your going to totally enjoy this amazing box set Especially with the 2k transfers and the Original Audios. Mandarin and of course Original English dubs.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
51 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Guys another update from me personally. I have just watched my second film from the cinematic vengeance boxset. The 36 Deadly styles and again PQ is outstanding what i must add though is hearing these in the original Mandarin audio and newly created English subs makes these movies really stand out what i'm saying is it's like the films were made yesterday and not in the 70's , 80's. if you haven't seen these movies before your going to totally enjoy this amazing box set Especially with the 2k transfers and the Original Audios. Mandarin and of course Original English dubs.

how does the english dub sound? crisp and clear?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sifu iron perm said:

how does the english dub sound? crisp and clear?

Haven't listened to the English dubs but i can guess they would be fine only listened to the Mandarin audio brother

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Two of my absolute faves! Please please PLEASE let the extended version of SKINNY be viewable via seamless branching using old video inserts for the additional bits if the film footage can’t be located, windowboxing as needed so that the image stays consistent within the frame — it should never have been cut in the first place, dammit!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Two of my absolute faves! Please please PLEASE let the extended version of SKINNY be viewable via seamless branching using old video inserts for the additional bits if the film footage can’t be located, windowboxing as needed so that the image stays consistent within the frame — it should never have been cut in the first place, dammit!

He was asked in the comments if STFD would be uncut and he replied "longer cut with Mark Houghton" so I think we can assume it will be.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 2

ENTER THE FAT DRAGON would make a perfect double feature with SKINNY TIGER & FATTY DRAGON, as Sammo does his crackerjack Bruce Lee routine in both. ETFD really needs a proper HD restoration of its original uncut HK version; the German mediabook is very nice and much appreciated, but the uncut 96 minute HK version isn’t in full 1080p, and suffers from three minutes’ worth of inserted low-rez SD segments with burned-in subs from the ancient Crash Cinema DVD to fill out the cut 93 minute restored international version. (As for the useless ultra-maimed 82 minute German theatrical version also included in the mediabook, let us never speak of it again.) Hopefully those three minutes still exist on film and can be tracked down! (I know some fans don’t consider the missing bits a great loss, as they’re all silly Canto comedy moments, but I love silly Canto comedy, so a pox on the haters!) Oh great Eureka, might you be able to rescue this one as well? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

One more issue with the German mediabook is that they ruined their otherwise thoughtful inclusion of the engaging Podcast On Fire commentary track by slapping it on the wrong version of the film. The PoF gang had originally recorded it for the uncut Crash Cinema DVD HK version for streaming on their YouTube channel, but the German Blu-ray producers went and pasted it on the cut international version for some asinine reason, so as soon as you get to the point where the hilarious horse race bus scene was lopped out, the commentary is out of synch. 🤦🏻‍♂️ If Eureka puts this out, I hope they can include this commentary, on the uncut version this time!
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 6