The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

10 hours ago, Django said:

Both these films have pretty good Scandinavian Blu-Rays already!

They look good but no audio or sub options, stuck with the horrible new dubs and no extras. No comparison really.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Whether it be a Warriors Two/The Prodigal Son double pack or a standalone release, I'm just happy to see more Sammo Hung releases in glorious HD. Here's hoping for more HK goodies to come from Eureka/88 Films/Criterion/Arrow! 

On a different note, does anyone know who are behind the restorations for the recent HK releases from Eureka and 88 Films? I keep thinking that Ritrovata Asia and One Cool Production are behind the restoration and color-timing for these films but the blu releases don't contain restoration notes and I can't find any information about it online.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Well one title already leaked on Amazon but wasn't what I was expecting or looking forward to for today's announcement.

And which one?

• Like 2

Is "the bride with white hair" worth to purchase?

I dont know anything about the movie but just read that theres some fighting or swordplay in it. Is it a must for the collection in terms of martial arts movies? 

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
1 hour ago, AslanBey said:

Is "the bride with white hair" worth to purchase?

I dont know anything about the movie but just read that theres some fighting or swordplay in it. Is it a must for the collection in terms of martial arts movies? 

Dark wuxia masterpiece. Definitely worth it but not for the action. I assume we are talking about the 90s movie, not the remake (which I have not seen). 

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 1

2 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

Dark wuxia masterpiece. Definitely worth it but not for the action. I assume we are talking about the 90s movie, not the remake (which I have not seen). 

Yes i mean the eureka release. 1993 i think.

You mean the action is not so good or is it generally not intended as a martial arts movie?

• Like 3

What a fantastic time to be a kungfu fan. Would be perfect if I would be a native english or cantonese speaker. I sometimes have problems understanding the movies i dont know yet, and subtitles are the very very last thing i do while watching movies. But nevertheless definitve preorder for me. 

Man the story with the wallet is going to be real...

• Like 9

sifu iron perm

Bluray, best print will be, double wing chun Sammo Golden Harvest classics. 

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 6

My only, extremely small gripe is that on Warriors Two they're using Cantonese to fill in the gaps on the English track. I'd much rather they used the newer dub instead for filling the gaps like 88 Films did with Dragons Forever. Barely noticeable, compared to the language completely changing and having to then read subtitles. I prefer subs usually but an English track should remain English where possible. Looking forward to hearing that old dub on Warriors Two but will be watching both of these in Cantonese most of the time. I'm so excited for this releases!

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1