The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

On 8/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys not Eureka related but something very special is getting announced this week from a major US label that I'm involved with! :)

Will you tell us on here? Keep checking Criterion and WB but nothing yet...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Will you tell us on here? Keep checking Criterion and WB but nothing yet...

I'm pretty sure it's getting announced tomorrow (Friday). :)

• Like 6

Drunken Monk
40 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

If it's the Criterion release I've been told about, I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

If it's the Criterion release I've been told about, I'm really looking forward to it.

What have you been told about? Please lol.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
56 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

What have you been told about? Please lol.

I have heard Criterion are releasing a Once Upon a Time in China box-set that includes parts 4 and 5. I know most people have the Eureka! release, but I'll double dip to get the Vincent Zhao movies.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

I have heard Criterion are releasing a Once Upon a Time in China box-set that includes parts 4 and 5. I know most people have the Eureka! release, but I'll double dip to get the Vincent Zhao movies.

I'd love that. I'd gladly sell my Brazilian discs of the Jet Li movies to get something like that.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Awesome! I'd definitely be getting that! I had one gripe with the Eureka release of Part 1, which was the very quiet music playing during the end fight, I could barely hear it. The English 5.1 track sounded closer to how I'd heard it on previous releases where the music was more prominent, enhancing the scene imo. Hopefully this can be sorted.

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Sorry guys no announcement today but no worries it's coming. :)

• Like 9

Getting back to Eureka I was told some very good news about the upcoming Joseph Kuo set and were now looking at possibly adding now two VERY special extras to the set so cross your fingers that they go through!! :)

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2

thundered mantis
1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

Sorry guys no announcement today but no worries it's coming. :)

Lol can't wait. Those are awesome times for the fans

• Like 7

On 4/5/2021 at 8:46 AM, Irongod2112 said:

Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon is owned by Mei Ah Entertainment ;)

Might wanna hold out on Duel to the Death. ;)

Currently working on a fan favorite with Eureka and we are going all out with a two disc release!

Should be announced towards the end of the month. :)

I just reread this hmm Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon might be a blind buy I've never seen it before

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Any chance for Ringo Lam’s FULL CONTACT? Is it still owned by Mei Ah?

One of my favorites but Golden Princess own that one unfortunately. Maybe one day. :)

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

thundered mantis

Sorry to show my ignorance, but didn´t Golden Princess sell all its movies to Star Tv? And Star Tvis not a Disney company at the end?

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 6:39 AM, thundered mantis said:

Sorry to show my ignorance, but didn´t Golden Princess sell all its movies to Star Tv? And Star Tvis not a Disney company at the end?

No Golden Princess still owns the rights and they want crazy money to licence to anyone outside of Asia. It's too much for even Criterion to consider. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 8/15/2021 at 12:22 PM, WaverBoy said:

I really hope they release SKINNY TIGER & FATTY DRAGON! Uncut with that extra fight footage is a must.

I wouldn't count on Mei Ah having that footage but I'm working on getting it included one way or another if a label decides to do a release.

Will probably just be an extra though. Anyone have a good copy of that footage other than the clip on YouTube? Please send me a PM. :)

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

I wouldn't count on Mei Ah having that footage but I'm working on getting it included one way or another if a label decides to do a release.

Will probably just be an extra though. Anyone have a good copy of that footage other than the clip on YouTube? Please send me a PM. :)

another gem for next year then or are there more to come from both 88 and Eureka before the year is up I assume most if not all of my favorites are on the next years schedule and maybe the year afters schedule

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

One more BIG release coming from Eureka should be before the end of the year. :)

Will it be revealed in their upcoming announcements?

• Like 5

On 8/18/2021 at 11:39 AM, thundered mantis said:

Sorry to show my ignorance, but didn´t Golden Princess sell all its movies to Star Tv?

Fortune Star has rights to some of their films (not 'Full Contact'), but Golden Princess opted to keep rights for some territories outside Asia.

And Star Tvis not a Disney company at the end?

It used to be owned by Fox, but it seems they sold their stake years ago (prior to Disney acquiring them, I think).

Edited by chen lung
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

One more BIG release coming from Eureka should be before the end of the year. :)

You're killing us with such teasing....:laugh.

My pocketbook is already crying. Hoping it's something amazing to top off an already wallet busting year!

• Like 5
  • Haha 2