The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

8 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Ahh, then the one I've seen is the Chan Siu Pang's directed one. Got the german DVD. How's the Kuo film? 

Both movies are excellent. In Shaolin Death Squad, Polly pairs with Cliff Lok and they do a great job, while in Shaolin kids, she pairs with Carter Huang against Cliff Lok and another one, and the four of them give us great fights too !

If the one you watched has Tien Peng in it, then, it's Shaolin kids that you watched.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

52 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

I'm pretty sure it was because tensions between Jackie and Sammo were starting to flare and they had a falling out. I think Sammo wanted Jackie in it but he refused.

That big blow up was yet to come. The inciting incident was the bad domestic performance of DRAGONS FOREVER and Sammo's decision to cast Jackie and Yuen against type in that film.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
On 7/29/2021 at 12:23 PM, Ronin said:

Here's Eureka's page for the Joseph Kuo set:

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/cinematic-vengeance-limited-edition-box-set-2000-copies/

and the page for FULL ALERT:

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/full-alert/

BTW, the JK set is limited to 2000 copies.

Yeah that cinematic vengeance boxset is more of my style. The shaw bros box is cool in all but this is the set to get.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm

Joseph Kuo flicks in HD /2K..damn I am about to go heaven in November!

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 7

ZenkaigerBat
23 hours ago, wmcguire18 said:

That big blow up was yet to come. The inciting incident was the bad domestic performance of DRAGONS FOREVER and Sammo's decision to cast Jackie and Yuen against type in that film.

They did have feud briefly as it got kind of ugly between them. According the commentaries that @Mike Leeder was involved with Arne Venema in Eastern Condors and Millionaires Express.   Mike would much better explaining it than me on that subject but Jackie's accident had nothing to do why he didn't want to work on Millionaires Express.  I believe Armour of God was done by the time Millionaires Express  had begun production. 

• Like 3

Irongod2112

Working on something really special for the upcoming Joseph Kuo set. You guys are gonna be very happy if it goes through. :)

• Like 19

On 8/2/2021 at 5:34 AM, JackieRome said:

when they release City on Fire, it will go out of print in a day.

Won’t be released for a looooooong time, if ever. Word is that the entity that owns the rights to that group of films (A Chinese Ghost Story trilogy, A Better Tomorrow trilogy, Bullet In The Head, The Killer, City On Fire, etc.) won’t license them to non-Asian territories. Money isn’t a concern; they just can’t be bothered.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Won’t be released for a looooooong time, if ever. Word is that the entity that owns the rights to that group of films (A Chinese Ghost Story trilogy, A Better Tomorrow trilogy, Bullet In The Head, The Killer, City On Fire, etc.) won’t license them to non-Asian territories. Money isn’t a concern; they just can’t be bothered.

Golden Princess?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Working on something really special for the upcoming Joseph Kuo set. You guys are gonna be very happy if it goes through. :)

For this particular set that has been announced or for a volume 2 ?

• Like 2

Iron Head Rat

For this particular set that has been announced or for a volume 2 ?

Volume 1 I think

Edited by Iron Head Rat
  • Like 3

sifu iron perm
On 8/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Why do you keep treating us with gifts  like we are  hungry and unfortunate orphans of the western hemisphere??

Bless up!!!

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 3

I just got done watching the so called hybrid cut of The Millionaires' Express. What an accomplishment in terms of seamless branching! I barely noticed any changes whenever the added scenes showed up other than the scenes themselves, and that all scenes from the Hong Kong cut came from a dated source which is obvious when you compare the color palette of these scenes with everything else from the main source used.

I'm very impressed with all the effort put into making this happen... Eureka have outdone themselves!!! :clappinghands:clappinghands:clappinghands

Edited by DiP
  • Like 9

thundered mantis
On 8/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Ohhhh boy :laluot_26:

• Like 3

On 8/4/2021 at 5:48 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Jack Long's (Though I don' t know if he is still alive), Carter Wong or Polly's comments on some movies, maybe ? It would be so great !

• Like 3

On 8/8/2021 at 8:49 PM, DiP said:

What an accomplishment in terms of seamless branching!

Millionaires Express does not use seamless branching but I'm glad you enjoyed the release! :)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Hey guys not Eureka related but something very special is getting announced this week from a major US label that I'm involved with! :)

• Like 20
  • Buddha Bless You 2

52 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys not Eureka related but something very special is getting announced this week from a major US label that I'm involved with! :)

Still in the martial arts movies we all love department ?

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

It's not Criterion is it? I remember this rumor making the rounds on the other forum.

Btw, I just finished watching Eureka's Encounter of the Spooky Kind with the Frank Djeng audio commentary and I know I've harped on it before but what an absolute fantastic addition Frank Djeng is to Eureka & 88 Films stable. I've seen a video interview of him and Frank really puts in the work as he says he typical takes copious notes before doing the commentaries and it definitely shows. He's not just winging it or bringing up irrelevant personal anecdotes like some others.

I'm beginning to feel the #metoo scandal that brought down Bey Logan was a blessing in disguise. I doubt Frank would've gotten a chance unless Bey was out of the picture. I just tired of Bey's insufferable smugness & shameless self-promotion. Frank Djeng is a godsend and hope he continues to provide commentaries for a long time.

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 1

16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Btw, I just finished watching Eureka's Encounter of the Spooky Kind with the Frank Djeng audio commentary and I know I've harped on it before but what an absolute fantastic addition Frank Djeng is to Eureka & 88 Films stable. I've seen a video interview of him and Frank really puts in the work as he says he typical takes copious notes before doing the commentaries and it definitely shows. He's not just winging it or bringing up irrelevant personal anecdotes like some others.

Indeed he is. I switch back and forth just to hear what he has to say about a certain actor or scene. I like Bey Logan for the same reason, but Frank seems to know a lot more Chinese history.

• Like 5