return of the 18 bronzemen

shaolin kids

shaokin Kung fu

Edited by Chemical Lemon
Clarified
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

Pre-ordered! I don't love all the films and some of them I haven't seen, but it's definitely worth it for the ones I do love.

• Like 5

Little Deer

What are the chances 18 Bronzemen will be the English dub export cut?  It's almost a different movie.  I'm wondering if it will be the same cut as seen on the Japanese Blu-ray. 

Edited by Little Deer
grammer
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Pity Chessboxing,Born Invincible,Blazing Temple,8 Masters never made the set. Still can't wait for it, lets hope it sells well and we get a Vol.2

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja

Preordered! 

I was saving for the Arrow set but since zaavi doesn't charge until despatching, I couldn't resist.

The price for the Kuo set is more than fan friendly. Another great release! 

• Like 4

actionfan93
8 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Most likely a box set with all 3 films. :)

would it be the same for the in the line of duty films and would Angel release separate or in a box set with the other 2 if its in next years releases

also I hope that means they are coming soon along with righting wrongs and In the line of duty 4 if not this year maybe next year with the girls with guns releases I keep wondering how many girls with guns releases there will be besides the main potential ones I mentioned and hope for

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

50 minutes ago, actionfan93 said:

would it be the same for the in the line of duty films and would Angel release separate or in a box set with the other 2 if its in next years releases

also I hope that means they are coming soon along with righting wrongs and In the line of duty 4 if not this year maybe next year with the girls with guns releases I keep wondering how many girls with guns releases there will be besides the main potential ones I mentioned and hope for

We'll take what we can get hehe

Just to have a serious label like Eureka wanting to release Girls with Guns flicks and I'm already over the moon :D

• Like 6

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

We'll take what we can get hehe

Just to have a serious label like Eureka wanting to release Girls with Guns flicks and I'm already over the moon :D

88 films might be getting into the girls with guns arena as well but yeah I understand I'd be ecstatic to have the best quality versions of those 8-9 I mentioned in several posts I do think those have high chances as most are highly known girls with guns films with the others I didn't mention as much being She Shoots Straight,Devil Hunters and maybe Princess Madam but unsure if those rank high enough for potential releases

• Like 2

Devil hunters has been released by Spectrum, so, maybe you can hope for another release from another label.

• Like 4

thundered mantis
14 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

Haven’t seen any films in the box set nor the Ringo Lam film. How are they?

To my very personal tastes, that are oriented to "shapes choreography" over other values, this boxset is a total bargain and a must buy.

7 grandmasters. Total milestone of the genre. Superb choreography, great scenery, nice performances, good story. One of the best films out there. 

18 bronzemen & return. The seminal "modern" shaolin films. A lot of influence on films like Shaolin Wooden Men or the Liu Chia Liang trilogy. Better production values than your average kung. Carter Wong is on rage here. Two big classics. 

36 deadly styles. This one is filled with fights. The plot was incomprehensible to me. Bolo Yeung sports the most awesome wig ever dreamt of by the human kind here 😳. It's got HJL and one of the bests Mark Long vs Jack Long fights.

World of Drunken Master. Very nice Drunken Master style film. Highly recommended for me. 

Shaolin Kung Fu. Nice basher flick. Lots of energy here. Not my cup of tea, but good anyway.

Shaolin Kids. This is an aka for Shaolin Death Squads I guess but I'm not sure. Dunno if it's a Kuo/Chan Siu Pang collab. If it's what I think, very nice fighting here.

The Old Master. Haven't seen. It sports the Little Seven Fortunes real Opera Master, I guess it will be the worse film of the pack. 

This pack for the price is pure gold for me. I preordered on the Eureka site

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 1

actionfan93
19 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Devil hunters has been released by Spectrum, so, maybe you can hope for another release from another label.

I don't have high hopes for it but it's the film that severely injured Moon and Sibelle but no big deal to me if it doesn't get a Eureka or 88 films release I only included it she shoots straight and potentially princess madam as those are the most well known girls with guns movies aside from the 8-9 I've mentioned several times but I assume Eureka and possibly 88 films are only putting out the most well known girls with guns the ones with the highest chances of selling so I assume to hopefully see my previously listed 8-9 movies and maybe she shoots straight I don't have high hopes for princess madam and devil hunters but no big deal to me if they don't get releases as they aren't as well known as the other 8-9 I previously mentioned 

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Chu Liu Hsiang
7 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Shaolin Kids. This is an aka for Shaolin Death Squads I guess but I'm not sure. Dunno if it's a Kuo/Chan Siu Pang collab. If it's what I think, very nice fighting here.

SHAOLIN DEATH SQUADS is a different movie, directed by Chan Siu Pang, sharing some of the cast (Polly, Carter Wong, Cliff Lok). Chan Siu Pang and Cliff Lok are MA directors for both movies. 

• Like 4

thundered mantis
1 minute ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

SHAOLIN DEATH SQUADS is a different movie, directed by Chan Siu Pang, sharing some of the cast (Polly, Carter Wong, Cliff Lok). Chan Siu Pang and Cliff Lok are MA directors for both movies. 

Ahh, then the one I've seen is the Chan Siu Pang's directed one. Got the german DVD. How's the Kuo film? 

• Like 2

Iron Head Rat
On 7/29/2021 at 4:18 PM, saltysam said:

Pity Chessboxing,Born Invincible,Blazing Temple,8 Masters never made the set. Still can't wait for it, lets hope it sells well and we get a Vol.2

Exactly!! Ive Pre Oredered.. Cant wait

• Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang
5 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Ahh, then the one I've seen is the Chan Siu Pang's directed one. Got the german DVD. How's the Kuo film? 

I have not seen it (yet), same as THE OLD MASTER. So two "new" movies in this pack for me!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Pre ordered everything!! 

BTW why was JC absent from millionaires express? 

Almost certainly because of the injury and delays on ARMOUR OF GOD

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Pre ordered everything!! 

BTW why was JC absent from millionaires express? 

I'm pretty sure it was because tensions between Jackie and Sammo were starting to flare and they had a falling out. I think Sammo wanted Jackie in it but he refused.

• Like 4