The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

31 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Not a favorite of mine but Full Alert was one of the better Hong Kong movies to come out in the late 90s. Lau Ching-Wan and Francis Ng both give top-notch performances.

• Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Irongod2112
19 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

SEVEN Joseph Kuo films!? Could we see a Blu Ray of Born Invincible?

It's actually 8 films not sure why Amazon has it wrong. :)

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

No doubt, Mystery of Chess Boxing will be one of the titles. I'm sure the Bronzeman films & Shaolin Kung Fu which just had a HK blu ray release.

• Like 2

Bronzemen and Shaolin Kung Fu,Blazing Temple,7 Grandmasters.Not so sure about Chessboxing.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk

Apparently, all the movies were licensed from Mei Ah. Does anyone have a definitive list of the Joseph Kuo films Mei Ah had rights to?

I suppose we'll find out tomorrow so it doesn't matter too much.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Bronzemen and Shaolin Kung Fu,Blazing Temple,7 Grandmasters.Not so sure about Chessboxing.

man, that's wishful thinking on my part. It's the sole reason I held off from buying the KFR custom. :BL-IDontKnow:  But the KFR is a nice back up in case the official doesn't materialize but I'm still holding out hope.

• Like 3

We can guess- i think

18 Bronzemen

Return of 18 Bronzemen

Blazing Temple

7 Grandmasters

Shaolin Kung Fu

Born Invincible

World Of Drunken Master

The Eight Masters

Mei Ah released Triangular Duel & Richshaw Driver on DVD, possibly those could be contenders.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

man, that's wishful thinking on my part. It's the sole reason I held off from buying the KFR custom. :BL-IDontKnow:  But the KFR is a nice back up in case the official doesn't materialize but I'm still holding out hope.

Same here, but wasn't it reported the only decent print is the one with burnt in subs?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Same here, but wasn't it reported the only decent print is the one with burnt in subs?

yeah, you're right. I must've got that title mixed up with another one that @Irongod2112 said to hold off on because an official release is on the way in one of the custom blu ray threads. Now I can't recall which title that was that he mentioned?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

What is KFR?

thundered mantis

Oh MY!!!! I have just read that and I am shocked and so, so happy. It´s like the genre as a whole is dignified, besides the Shaw Brothers, Bruce Lee and Golden Harvest films.

On the films themselves, Mei Ah had fine DVDs for Dragons Claws, World of Drunken Master and 36 Deadly Styles. Plus the Bronzemen films, and the 1974 Shaolin Kung Fu, and the ultimate gem, 7 Grandmasters, maybe those are the ones. Hope everyone who can supports this so we can have a chance of those companies keeping them coming. But, as we can all dream, here would be my Joseph´s Kuo Golden Legacy to MA Cinema Pack:

SHAOLIN DEATH SQUADS

8 MASTERS

7 GRANDMASTER

BORN INVINCIBLE

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

WORLD OF DRUNKEN MASTER

DRAGONS CLAWS

SHAOLIN TEMPLE STRIKES BACK

And, of course, it would be a Volume II lol:

18 BRONZEMEN

RETURN OF 18 BRONZEMEN

THE BLAZING TEMPLE

36 DEADLY STYLES

UNBEATEN 28

THE SMART CAVALIER

NINJA KIDS

INCREDIBLE 3

But seriously, anything they give is pure bliss for me

• Like 5

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

We can guess- i think

18 Bronzemen

Return of 18 Bronzemen

Blazing Temple

7 Grandmasters

Shaolin Kung Fu

Born Invincible

World Of Drunken Master

The Eight Masters

Mei Ah released Triangular Duel & Richshaw Driver on DVD, possibly those could be contenders.

Wasn't Shaolin Kung Fu recently released by Panorama? Don't think that one will be in included

• Like 2

Super Ninja
20 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Just wait until you see what we have in store for you guys.;)

Incredible news! Buddha bless you guys!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Wasn't Shaolin Kung Fu recently released by Panorama? Don't think that one will be in included

HD master available..coming out shortly in Germany. Even got the english dub on the HK Blu, i think it's a cert.

• Like 4

thundered mantis
10 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

I'd say, it's precisely on the contrary, sadly. Eureka and Arrow have released or are gonna release many films previously released by Panorama in HK

• Like 3

Super Ninja
21 minutes ago, thundered mantis said:

I'd say, it's precisely on the contrary, sadly. Eureka and Arrow have released or are gonna release many films previously released by Panorama in HK

Luckily I only got a few. It's better that way, at least we'll get extras that way

• Like 3

thundered mantis
26 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Luckily I only got a few. It's better that way, at least we'll get extras that way

Yes, extras and care and respect for the films. Panorama gives a shit for what they release. They mix upscales with genuine HD. Eureka, 88 films and Arrow won't ever touch an upscale. Plus they look for other versions, subs, languages, etc. 

• Like 5

The Panorama blu of Shaolin Kung Fu looks really good, hopefully the rest of the movies in the Eureka will be top notch.

• Like 5

It would be great if among these 8 movies there was at least one of the following titles :

Swordsman of al swordsmen

Superior darter

The king of kings

Sorrowful to a ghost

Mission impossible ...yes, it's a Shaw, but why not ?

The ghost's sword

Five devil ghost

Evil karate

Matchless conqueror

Deadly fists kung fu

Shaolin kids

VIP

Immortal warriors

The death duel

Shaolin kids

Unbeaten 28

Yes, I dream, I know...

• Like 5

Super Ninja

I've posted this in the What are your latest DVD/Blu-ray purchases thread as always because the members here are pretty much the only ones appreciating these releases and purchases as much as I do, my friends and family don't really care about new additions to my collection or know of these films. 

There's a reason why I post this photo here as well. Sorry for going slightly off topic...

When Spooky Encounters arrived before One Armed Boxer and Russian Raid I've decided to contact Eureka. Being that they offer free shipping I couldn't really complain and was pretty much just asking if I can consider these two lost and order them again. I've received an email within the next thirty minutes saying they'll send replacements as soon as possible!  

Honestly, I was ready to pay for these two once more but nobody asked for my money and I received the replacements free of charge! I really didn't expect this level of fan service and just wanted to share with you guys how great Eureka and their team are. Not only do they continue to spoil us with amazing releases but they treat their fans with care and respect.

So Eureka huge thanks from a very satisfied fan. Customer service 5+!

I've got Millionaire's Express on the way and Duel to the Death preordered and I will definitely preorder the soon arriving Joseph Kuo box set. Keep being great!

IMG_20210728_223144.jpg

• Like 10

@Super Ninja Eureka customer service is one of the best. They accidently sent me PTU instead of One Armed Boxer. I received OAB a few days later after my initial contact, and I got to keep PTU which I had plan on ordering in my next batch.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 10

actionfan93

When and if Tiger Cage 2 gets released would it be in a box set with Tiger Cage or would both sell separate?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

Irongod2112
14 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

When and if Tiger Cage 2 gets released would it be in a box set with Tiger Cage or would both sell separate?

Most likely a box set with all 3 films. :)

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2