The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Just received my copy of Encounter of the Spooky Kind in the mail. I'm shocked it arrived so fast! Hoping everyone receives their copy soon!

• Like 7

ZenkaigerBat

I was emailed this morning that my blu-ray of Encounter of the Spooky Kind has been dispatched as we speak!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Preordered.

Me too, I almost paid £40 for the hkl dvd last year, so glad I decided against it.

• Like 8

Put it in my basket with a few other titles, mainly Jackie's ones, but haven't finalized the basket as yet...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Duel To The Death trailer

The wires at 1:39 - I never saw them before.  A glorious remaster indeed!

Pre-ordered - I'm so excited! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I noticed something.  The trailer mentions that it contains the "original" English dub.  I am uncertain if the audio used near the end of the trailer is meant to represent that, but the voice is different from the dub that's on my old Region 0 Hong Kong DVD.  Is it possible that disc contains a dub that predates the one featured here?  I'm personally apathetic to dubs, but I know there are people that are real particular about this sort of thing.  I'd hate for this release to be anything but perfect for fellow fans.  I don't know if any Eureka-affiliated people read this forum, but if I can be of assistance somehow, I can try.

Here's the same dialogue as featured at the end of the new trailer, as presented on the Hong Kong Megastar DVD:

• Like 4

Ninja Sinai
1 hour ago, starschwar said:

I noticed something.  The trailer mentions that it contains the "original" English dub.  I am uncertain if the audio used near the end of the trailer is meant to represent that, but the voice is different from the dub that's on my old Region 0 Hong Kong DVD.  Is it possible that disc contains a dub that predates the one featured here?  I'm personally apathetic to dubs, but I know there are people that are real particular about this sort of thing.  I'd hate for this release to be anything but perfect for fellow fans.  I don't know if any Eureka-affiliated people read this forum, but if I can be of assistance somehow, I can try.

Here's the same dialogue as featured at the end of the new trailer, as presented on the Hong Kong Megastar DVD:

Wow the new 2K remaster looks amazing!!

However sadly that is NOT the original classic English dub that can be heard in the Eureka trailer but the horrible new English dub that was made later on. 

The clip from the Megastar DVD you posted is the original classic English dub. 

I really hope Eureka haven’t dropped the ball and they do include the classic English dub. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
1 hour ago, starschwar said:

Yes, they do read here, and some are even forum members. That's very nice of you to offer to help.

I personally have no idea about the different English dubs for this film. I own the Hong Kong Legends' DVD and also an earlier Hong Kong DVD of it, but I can't recall the distributor right now. It's possible it's the one you mentioned. But despite having the English dub option, I've only ever watched this movie subtitled.

• Like 5

Ninja Sinai

Hopefully one day Eureka or 88-Films will release a lovely 2K remaster of Legend of a Fighter with both the classic english dub and the original language track.. as thats the last of the old skool classics that still has not had a proper remastered release in its correct aspect ratio to this day.

MV5BMWYyNDY4MjMtZTU0My00YjU5LThkOWQtMzhkN2NhZmQ3MjRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

7 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

However sadly that is NOT the original classic English dub that can be heard in the Eureka trailer but the horrible new English dub that was made later on. 

I really hope Eureka haven’t dropped the ball and they do include the classic English dub. 

If The Original Classic English dub is not currently on the Eureka Disc maybe Eureka still have plenty of time to add it @Irongod2112 usually with Eureka works on their Hong Kong titles maybe he can shed some light on this or help in getting this added.

• Like 6

Iron Head Rat
4 hours ago, Graysman said:

If The Original Classic English dub is not currently on the Eureka Disc maybe Eureka still have plenty of time to add it @Irongod2112 usually with Eureka works on their Hong Kong titles maybe he can shed some light on this or help in getting this added.

Old Pang Yau, said the classic dub will be on it

• Like 8

15 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Brandon Bentley made sure the classic English dub Is included so don't worry.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ZenkaigerBat

I'm still holding out hope one day the rights issues can be sorted out for The Prodigal Son to get a release.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

I'm still holding out hope one day the rights issues can be sorted out for The Prodigal Son to get a release.

There are rights issues with The Prodigal Son?? Can you explain? This is one of my favourites I've been hoping for this every time there's an announcement.

• Like 2

Irongod2112
3 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

There are rights issues with The Prodigal Son?? Can you explain? This is one of my favourites I've been hoping for this every time there's an announcement.

No rights issues on Prodigal Son and yes Duel to the Death has the original Classic Dub. The trailer was put together before I started work on the audio tracks with Brandon. :)

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

No rights issues on Prodigal Son and yes Duel to the Death has the original Classic Dub. The trailer was put together before I started work on the audio tracks with Brandon. :)

Phew! Thank God for that, really hoping TPS is coming?? Good work getting the original dub guys! Handy having that for late night viewings if I'm too lazy too read. Can't bare those newer dubs. Mostly looking forward tobthe original audio though.

• Like 6

Irongod2112

I always make sure that the Classic English dub is included. :) Be patient Prodigal Son will get a release at some point. :)

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

36 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Cool stuff.  Can I just take a moment to compliment whoever put that trailer together?  Besides doing a good job of conveying the plot and style of action to newcomers, I have to extend kudos on how they managed to avoid giving away any of the best parts.  Duel has so many amazingly unique moments, and I don't think any of the standouts are spoiled in the trailer.  Very considerate for anyone who hasn't seen the movie before.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

I always make sure that the Classic English dub is included. :) Be patient Prodigal Son will get a release at some point. :)

And that's all I've wanted to hear since the release of Drunken Master by Eureka! Thank you.

• Like 9