The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Fully agree, there are so many amazing movies right now that are in pitiful states release-wise and are far more deserving of an upgrade

• Like 2

I'm a massive Bruce lee fan but no more movie releases are needed! Criterion or SHOUT, pay your money make your choice and be happy.

• Like 9

Drunksnake

Irongod2112 is trying to get the My Lucky Stars behind the scenes featurette,  that was missing from the Eureka release, put onto millionaires express as an easter egg. Brilliant idea by Eibon.

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Irongod2112
On 5/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, Drunksnake said:

Irongod2112 is trying to get the My Lucky Stars behind the scenes featurette,  that was missing from the Eureka release, put onto millionaires express as an easter egg. Brilliant idea by Eibon.

Looking good! :)

• Like 13
  • Buddha Bless You 2

DragonClaws
On 5/22/2021 at 8:19 AM, Drunksnake said:

My first proper viewing of this!

With the exception of viewing it on the big screen in 35mm, that release is probably the best way to see it for the first time.

• Like 8

Jesse Smooth
On 4/28/2021 at 10:41 AM, Drunksnake said:

I'm a massive Bruce lee fan but no more movie releases are needed! Criterion or SHOUT, pay your money make your choice and be happy.

The only way I would buy those films again would be if there was a George Tan/Ron Van Clief commentary for each film. 

• Like 3

Just received a shipping notification for Encounter of the Spooky Kind. I hope everyone gets their copy soon!

• Like 7

Is any label picking this one up for a Blu-ray 2K/4K remaster?  http://puui.qpic.cn/vstill_spjz/0/0ln4v1h73t1445250556.jpg/0

• Like 2

In my endorphin/adrenaline-fueled hype, I quickly skimmed through my HKL DVD of Duel to the Death.  That's 100% what that image is from... except, I can't seem to find the corresponding frame.  That exact angle doesn't seem to exist anywhere early enough in the fight for the sword to not be bloodstained.  Now, maybe it's from earlier in the fight or even earlier in the film, but I can't seem to locate it.  Again, I'm hasty and jittery from the good news.  But... is it possible that they're teasing unseen footage?  I'll be 100% happy with a good remaster, don't get me wrong.  But if there's any amount of lost Duel to the Death footage that's been unearthed and included, this could be the greatest thing ever. 

Early in the fight - note the sleeve design.  Absolutely Duel to the Death, it has to be.

DTTD4.jpg

Later in the scene.  Same sword, costume, lighting, background, similar angle... but the condition of the sword and swordsman do not match the teaser image.

DTTD5.jpg

Edited by starschwar
  • Like 5

It might be an alternate camera angle of this shot?  I'm over-obsessing, I know.  But this movie is worth it!

dttd6.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/11/2021 at 6:15 PM, KenHashibe said:

Just received a shipping notification for Encounter of the Spooky Kind. I hope everyone gets their copy soon!

Same, and also for Johnnie To's PTU. I should be getting both next week.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, starschwar said:

In my endorphin/adrenaline-fueled hype, I quickly skimmed through my HKL DVD of Duel to the Death.  That's 100% what that image is from... except, I can't seem to find the corresponding frame.  That exact angle doesn't seem to exist anywhere early enough in the fight for the sword to not be bloodstained.  Now, maybe it's from earlier in the fight or even earlier in the film, but I can't seem to locate it.  Again, I'm hasty and jittery from the good news.  But... is it possible that they're teasing unseen footage?  I'll be 100% happy with a good remaster, don't get me wrong.  But if there's any amount of lost Duel to the Death footage that's been unearthed and included, this could be the greatest thing ever. 

Early in the fight - note the sleeve design.  Absolutely Duel to the Death, it has to be.

DTTD4.jpg

Later in the scene.  Same sword, costume, lighting, background, similar angle... but the condition of the sword and swordsman do not match the teaser image.

DTTD5.jpg

The promo still has been around for ages. I doubt there will be any new additional footage…

C7E81EB5-7BF0-41CE-8AE9-51950293C770.jpeg

• Like 6

Well done, @Drunken Monk !  I've been a fan of the movie for ages, but never really delved into the promotional materials.  Again, I'm not counting on any new footage - an HD remaster of the existing cut of the movie is still a dream come true.  But it's fun to dream, too.

• Like 4