The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

2 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

@dshooker

@KUNG FU BOB

Apologies to begin with, not trying to derail this thread, I have to ask you knowledgeable fellers, which release version of Dawn of the dead is a must purchase? Which version is considered the best? Ive only seen the theatrical cut plus bonus uncut material separately. Thanks! 

No worries! It's a great question!

My personal favorite is the theatrical version as I think it has better pacing than the "Extended Cut." However, I can see why folks prefer that version too because the added material is interesting. That said, I think it's unanimously agreed that the Italian Cut (aka the "Argento Cut") is the worst version. It's fun if you just want to focus on the gore scenes but it cuts out 80% of the story and character arcs.

In terms of purchasing, Second Sight films recently released all three cuts of Dawn of the Dead in an awesome Bluray boxset: https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/dawn-of-the-dead-limited-edition-blu-ray-box-set/12590567.html

There's also a 4K UDH version of the set as well as standard editions which are less expensive. Regardless, it's a great way to do a deep dive, see all three cuts and get a plethora of bonus material!

• Like 6

HeavenSword

Just ordered my Lucky Stars set . I missed out on getting the booklet and slipcase , but It’s cool !  Next up, Encounters Of The Spooky Kind ! 

The free shipping though 😁

• Like 7

1 hour ago, HeavenSword said:

Just ordered my Lucky Stars set . I missed out on getting the booklet and slipcase , but It’s cool !  Next up, Encounters Of The Spooky Kind ! 

The free shipping though 😁

From where ?

• Like 2

HeavenSword
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

From where ?

Got mine from Eureka . I saw One Armed Boxer is coming in May . There’s my birthday present ! 

• Like 6

ZenkaigerBat

The day My Lucky Stars blu-ray collection graced  it's presence into my blu-ray player was one of the greatest things that happen in  my life,  even if it was Tuesday!

WIN_20210331_18_39_09_Pro.jpg

I must add i enjoyed hearing the soundtrack from the Japanese verison's from The Lucky Star trilogy set.

• Like 12

Drunken Monk
9 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Sorry about the double post. For some reason it does that to me when i share pics.

You're not alone. It does it to me too.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
13 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

The day My Lucky Stars blu-ray collection graced  it's presence into my blu-ray player was one of the greatest things that happen in  my life,  even if it was Tuesday!

I must add i enjoyed hearing the soundtrack from the Japanese verison's from The Lucky Star trilogy set.

Yeah I was gonna snatch one from Diabolik but someone already beat me to the punch. That slipcover is so beautiful. 

• Like 5

Irongod2112

Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon is owned by Mei Ah Entertainment ;)

Might wanna hold out on Duel to the Death. ;)

Currently working on a fan favorite with Eureka and we are going all out with a two disc release!

Should be announced towards the end of the month. :)

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 3

actionfan93
1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

Currently working on a fan favorite with Eureka and we are going all out with a two disc release!

Doesn't Mei Ah also own girls with guns classic Angel as well if so hope they are restoring or remastering their movies and the rights can be secured  or were they just a distributor in the past 

Does Mei Ah own other girls with guns if they do own the rights to Angel 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Irongod2112 said:

So does that mean we should eventually get STFD?

Fan favourite? Two disc? Going all out?!?! 😯😲🤯🥳

• Like 4

ZenkaigerBat
4 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Sorry for asking but any chance for The Prodigal Son, Millionaires Express and Above the Law aka Righting Wrongs.

• Like 8

15 hours ago, ZenkaigerBat said:

Sorry for asking but any chance for The Prodigal Son, Millionaires Express and Above the Law aka Righting Wrongs.

Awesome choice of requests! I'm particularly looking forward to The Prodigal Son.

• Like 4

Ninja Sinai

I hope someone shows Warriors Two some love and releases a proper Blu-ray version of it with the original mono audio without any of the horrid new sound fx added, which sadly plague every release I’ve come across so far. 

Also if they included the original old skool classic English dub that would a bonus!

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 2

7 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

I hope someone shows Warriors Two some love and releases a proper Blu-ray version of it with the original mono audio without any of the horrid new sound fx added, which sadly plague every release I’ve come across so far. 

Also if they included the original old skool classic English dub that would a bonus!

I'm pretty sure Irongod2112 said somewhere he has good audio for Warriors Two so no need to worry on that.

I'm usually a subs over dubs man, but lately I've started to appreciate and enjoy the dubbing (unless it's the newer, lifeless dubs that HKL used). If the movie features the actors real voices in Cantonese (I know it's still dubbed) like in the Lucky Stars movies then I stick with that. Gutted about the situation with the original English dub for Drunken Master, but do have a custom for that so all good. Would have loved the original English dub to fit the HK theatrical cut of The Young Master! I've never heard the original dub for Warriors Two, only the scene featured on the Bruce lee The Legend documentary and going by that it sounds like a classic!

• Like 6

Ninja Sinai
15 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

I'm pretty sure Irongod2112 said somewhere he has good audio for Warriors Two so no need to worry on that.

I'm usually a subs over dubs man, but lately I've started to appreciate and enjoy the dubbing (unless it's the newer, lifeless dubs that HKL used). If the movie features the actors real voices in Cantonese (I know it's still dubbed) like in the Lucky Stars movies then I stick with that. Gutted about the situation with the original English dub for Drunken Master, but do have a custom for that so all good. Would have loved the original English dub to fit the HK theatrical cut of The Young Master! I've never heard the original dub for Warriors Two, only the scene featured on the Bruce lee The Legend documentary and going by that it sounds like a classic!

A KFF member called Bentley released an awesome custom Warriors Two DVD back in the day. He added the original audio in mono without the horrid new special fx and also included the rare classic English dub. 

I was glad for him to send me a copy but would love to see a proper Blu-ray release for this classic. 

• Like 7

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 3/31/2021 at 8:55 AM, sifu iron perm said:

@dshooker

@KUNG FU BOB

Apologies to begin with, not trying to derail this thread, I have to ask you knowledgeable fellers, which release version of Dawn of the dead is a must purchase? Which version is considered the best? Ive only seen the theatrical cut plus bonus uncut material separately. Thanks! 

@sifu iron perm I can really only echo everything @dshooker already said above in his response, because I'm of the same opinions. The Second Sight set is incredible. I got the initial limited edition one with all the goodies, but a "regular edition" with all 3 cuts of the film and a plethora of extras is either about to be or has already been released by them. If I had to choose one, I'd say "THE" version for me is the Theatrical cut. But as a fan, I get lots of enjoyment from the additional footage in the Extended cut, with certain sequences

Spoiler

like the build up to and the actual biker attack

playing significantly better.

4 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

A KFF member called Bentley released an awesome custom Warriors Two DVD back in the day. He added the original audio in mono without the horrid new special fx and also included the rare classic English dub. 

I was glad for him to send me a copy but would love to see a proper Blu-ray release for this classic. 

That "Bentley" is one cool cat.

I got my MY LUCKY STARS Collection and it kicks ass. Eureka and "The Fan Crew" did a very, very nice job on this.

I'm super excited for all of their announced and unknown upcoming releases, and will continue to buy them.

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 3

Yep, the SS 4K box of DotD is a real keeper, lemme tell ya!!! 🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️🧟

Re: WARRIORS TWO, I have the Deltamac DVD, which I believe has the original Cantonese and Mandarin mono tracks. It’s a good thing that Deltamac line got released, as they all had the original mono tracks. At the time, they were a huge step up from Megastar’s and Universe’s horrendously phony flangey sewerpipe-sounding 5.1 remixes. (Which had rotten new foley effects that, instead of merely replacing the originals, were often just pasted right on top of the originals!!???!!!) I picked up lots of them myself. And, they’re a good mono-mining source for present-day Blu-ray releases when uncompressed LD tracks are unavailable!

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 5

Some Universe and Megastar titles had new foley effects, but not all.

Although Deltamac included mono, we still had to endure improperly converted PAL>NTSC.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, chen lung said:

Some Universe and Megastar titles had new foley effects, but not all.

Although Deltamac included mono, we still had to endure improperly converted PAL>NTSC.

Very few of the popular action films had original foley effects on Megastar or Universe DVDs. The CGS trilogy, Police Story trilogy, City On Fire, Prison On Fire, Flaming Brothers, and on and on, all ruined by new foley and messed-up sound levels. ACGS 1 adds a ker-plunk sound when the lantern hits the water in the opening bit, FFS. Yikes. And yeah, it was all from improperly converted masters back then as we all know, but at the time, the Deltamac line was a godsend and a welcome upgrade from the mostly garbage DVDs from Megastar and Universe. The contrast was better on the Deltamac DVDs as well — better colors and black levels IIRC. The one good thing about Megastar is that they had nice cover art for the time. Deltamac’s cover art was invariably terrible.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 5

On 3/31/2021 at 7:53 PM, ZenkaigerBat said:

I also received my set the other day and I really enjoy the Frank Djeng audio commentaries for all 3 films. I've heard him before especially on the Tai Seng releases but it always felt like he was hamstrung by Ric Meyers' persona. Now that he's free to do his thing, I came to really appreciate his depth of knowledge and insight particularly in regards to the Cantonese lingo, slang and double entendres used liberally throughout especially by Eric Tsang's character. I actually like him better than Bey Logan. He's less obnoxious and doesn't name drop every other minute.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Nice pieces there. 

How long does an international delivery from Eureka take?

It took me a couple weeks to receive from the UK to California. I didn't pay for any additional shipping, just the free international untracked shipping Eureka offer.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

It took me a couple weeks to receive from the UK to California. I didn't pay for any additional shipping, just the free international untracked shipping Eureka offer.

Thx for the answer. And by couple you mean 2weeks or 3  or 4:)? Im living in germany by the way. Maybe the whole thing runs faster then?

• Like 2