The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Super Ninja
15 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Encounters of the Spooky Kind, pure bliss! A true gem in my book. Will preorder asap

Agreed, instant preorder!

8 hours ago, DiP said:

Sammo Hung X Johnnie To... Lovely!

As for Johnnie To titles, it's highly likely that Running Out of Time 1-2 and Running on Karma is on the radar. On one hand, there's titles that have been given bluray releases (with existing HD scans) in Hong Kong in the past that no overseas distributor have not released yet... Breaking NewsExiled, and Sparrow. On the other, we have Expect the unexpectedThe Longest Nite, and A Hero Never Dies (previously released on bluray in Japan) that were given bluray releases in France last year. More Johnnie To's movies deserves the HD treatment so I can't wait to hear more announcements.

A Hero Never Dies UK bluray release, now that's a thought, that one's long-overdue. PTU is actually one of my favs when To is in question, I'm looking forward to this release.

• Like 5

This set has been a real treat. Having now watched all three movies and the extras, I can say with no doubt this is an excellent release. Completely justified paying full price for it.

A lot more love was formed during my viewing of Winners And Sinners. I last saw this movie in my teens (I'm now 33) and enjoyed it then, but enjoyed it much more this time round as I have a deeper understanding of Hong Kong culture and humour. For those who don't quite get the humour it would be worth listening to Frank Djeng's commentary as he does an excellent job of explaining the local phsycè. Lots of info on that commentary and a really enjoyable listen. The Cantonese Mono sounded excellent and the subtitles were a pleasure. The inclusion of the outtakes was great to have with the movie.

I've always loved My Lucky Stars and it didn't disappoint. Another movie I love even more now. Excellent action, great cast and funny as Hell! colours in this films really pop out on this release and it was extremely pleasing to the eye with bold colours and sharp detail. I found the Cantonese Home Video mix to be my preferred viewing track as the music was louder on my speakers than the original Mono which also sounds great. Excellent features, particularly liked the outtakes and the old HKL Sammo tribute.

Twinkle Twinkle just topped this set off. Another hilarious, action packed adventure. The warehouse fight still blows me away today and the outtakes for it were interesting to see.

This set is worth every penny and even if you can't get your hands on the LE you don't want to miss out on the disc content. Thank you EUREKA! and crew. 🙏🏻

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

This set has been a real treat. Having now watched all three movies and the extras, I can say with no doubt this is an excellent release. Completely justified paying full price for it.

A lot more love was formed during my viewing of Winners And Sinners. I last saw this movie in my teens (I'm now 33) and enjoyed it then, but enjoyed it much more this time round as I have a deeper understanding of Hong Kong culture and humour. For those who don't quite get the humour it would be worth listening to Frank Djeng's commentary as he does an excellent job of explaining the local phsycè. Lots of info on that commentary and a really enjoyable listen. The Cantonese Mono sounded excellent and the subtitles were a pleasure. The inclusion of the outtakes was great to have with the movie.

I've always loved My Lucky Stars and it didn't disappoint. Another movie I love even more now. Excellent action, great cast and funny as Hell! colours in this films really pop out on this release and it was extremely pleasing to the eye with bold colours and sharp detail. I found the Cantonese Home Video mix to be my preferred viewing track as the music was louder on my speakers than the original Mono which also sounds great. Excellent features, particularly liked the outtakes and the old HKL Sammo tribute.

Twinkle Twinkle just topped this set off. Another hilarious, action packed adventure. The warehouse fight still blows me away today and the outtakes for it were interesting to see.

This set is worth every penny and even if you can't get your hands on the LE you don't want to miss out on the disc content. Thank you EUREKA! and crew. 🙏🏻

I have a request that has nothing to do with your comment, but, Could You please avoid the black lines with white writing, please. I couldn't read your whole comment because it heurts my eyes and when I return to the normal white pages, I still have the black lines that appear for a while before disapmearing. When I explained that to my specialized doctor for the eyes, que just said "oh, really?" and that's all...

Thank you very much.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I have a request that has nothing to do with your comment, but, Could You please avoid the black lines with white writing, please. I couldn't read your whole comment because it heurts my eyes and when I return to the normal white pages, I still have the black lines that appear for a while before disapmearing. When I explained that to my specialized doctor for the eyes, que just said "oh, really?" and that's all...

Thank you very much.

I do apologise. I lazily copied and pasted from another forum I'd posted on so will bare this in mind in future. Turning dark mode on your screen may help?

• Like 2

Eureka are on a roll which is good to see! Cannot wait for this to come out it's going to look beautiful!

Edited by Drunksnake
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

One of my all time favorite Hong Kong movies. Can’t wait to have a truly great release of this one.

For those wondering, it’s due out in June.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 8

Irongod2112
22 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Encounters of the Spooky Kind, pure bliss! A true gem in my book. Will preorder asap

@Irongod2112 do you think we have any chance of seeing part 2 released on a near future? Also, from the old HKL catalog, the only film I think they released on a wrong, cropped aspect ratio, is The Legend of a Fighter. Any chances for this one? 

Spooky 2 is with Warner Brothers so I wouldn't expect to see a release anytime soon. Hopefully they do a release eventually. 

I wanted Eureka to licence it for a box set of 1 & 2 but Warner wanted a LARGE sum of money unfortunately.

The only way to get that one would be a fundraiser to licence it from Warner but again it would be large amount to raise.

I'm not sure who has the rights currently for Legend of a Fighter but it's on my list of must save titles. Again this is another title that would require fund raising to get it released.

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 3

thundered mantis

Thank you for clarifying @Irongod2112.

Count me in for any fundraising when/if you sense the opportunity arises. Buddhist fist, Legend of a Fighter, The Victim or similar. The easiest one first lol. If the first one can be achieved,  momentum can hopefully be gained for the rest. Hope to see it one day

• Like 8

ZenkaigerBat

Spooky Encounters ill pre-order. I haven't seen it in 10 years.   Hopefully they can get the rights to release more flims like Gen-X Cops,  In the Line of Duty IV.  Yes Madam.  Wing Chun.

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
7 hours ago, Drunksnake said:

Couldn't agree more. It must have been 20yrs since I've seen W&S and I enjoyed it so much more now than I did when I was younger. So many laugh out loud moments for me and some great Sammo action in the warehouse.

MLS has always been a favourite of mine, and seeing it in full HD for the first time with my favourite dub was absolutely fantastic.

Going to find sometime this weekend for TTLS and can't wait!

• Like 4

I keep dreaming of Eureka doing some 80s/90s girls with guns releases/sets....Inspector Wears Skirts set, I could die happy lol.

Ooooooooh and an Aces Go Places set ;)

• Like 7

On 3/24/2021 at 4:43 AM, saltysam said:

Sammo set Vol 2 with Odd Couple,Prodigal Son and Warriors Two would be nice. I have a suspicion it could be Duel To The Death given some recent hints.

So you are saying hold off on the HK blu ray of Duel to the Death? :hvb_not_sure:

• Like 5

Here are the trailers for the upcoming releases...

7 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Spooky 2 is with Warner Brothers so I wouldn't expect to see a release anytime soon. Hopefully they do a release eventually. 

I wanted Eureka to licence it for a box set of 1 & 2 but Warner wanted a LARGE sum of money unfortunately.

The only way to get that one would be a fundraiser to licence it from Warner but again it would be large amount to raise.

I'm not sure who has the rights currently for Legend of a Fighter but it's on my list of must save titles. Again this is another title that would require fund raising to get it released.

I'm gonna echo @thundered mantis in saying that I would be down to help with fundraising too, depending on the title.

Also, I just realized, would Spooky Encounters be cut? I remember there's a scene where a chicken that gets its head cut off (and a scene where a chicken blows up) and I think British censors usually remove any animal cruelty, if I'm not mistaken. I'll still absolutely buy it, cut or uncut (I honestly wouldn't mind if those scenes were cut anyway).

2 hours ago, nectarsis said:

I keep dreaming of Eureka doing some 80s/90s girls with guns releases/sets....Inspector Wears Skirts set, I could die happy lol.

There are certain some girls-with-guns titles that I would love, mainly the Michelle Yeoh films from the 80's. And I love the Aces Go Places films.

I could go without the Inspector Wears Skirts films, to be honest, but that's just me. :laugh

1 hour ago, DiP said:

Ace-looking cover!!!

162269733_4190076271003037_2948146211482

What an AMAZING COVER!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

So you are saying hold off on the HK blu ray of Duel to the Death? :hvb_not_sure:

Yes,heavy hints dropped at Blu-ray.com by some of those who have been involved in these releases

• Like 5

Apparently there has been an error with the lucky stars set. It's missing a behind the scenes feature on disc two.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1

DragonClaws
On 3/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, Drunksnake said:

Wow!! Excited for this!

Great news, the first Sammo Hung movie I ever watched. Staying up until the small hours to watch it on Channel 4 in the U.K, back in my school days.

• Like 7

Drunken Monk

I watched PTU today (courtesy of the Hi-Yah! streaming service) just to see if I want to pick up the Blu Ray. It turns out that I most certainly do not. I know a lot of people love this movie but I found it to be utterly boring. Not a fan at all.

• Like 1

actionfan93
23 hours ago, nectarsis said:

well since its been said both Eureka and 88 read these I will put these here as well

Girls with guns

Angel

Killer Angels

Beauty Investigator uncut

In the line of Duty 3 and 4

Royal Warriors

Outlaw Brothers

The Blonde Fury

as for potential box sets

In the line of Duty 1-4 blu-ray box set

Angel Blu-ray box set if all 4 are owned by the same company it would Angel 1-3 plus Angel Mission

Girls with Guns 2 blu-ray set The Blonde Fury and Killer Angels

other than that boxsets will be hard unless you can get all rights holders to agree to it it would be nice to have some for each actor if rights could be agreed on for each separate company's releases to share the same box

Yukari Oshima's could be

Angel Mission,A  Punch To Revenge, and Outlaw Brothers maybe Beauty Investigator

Moon Lee's could be

Princess Madam,Killer Angels,Mission of Condor,Dreaming the Reality, and Angel Force and maybe devil hunters

Rothrock's would be

City Cops and The Blonde Fury

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 2

Some of the classic Cynthia Rothrock titles would be great, and i certainly think she would be up for participating in the special features, i'm on her friend page on FB and she's very active there.

• Like 7