The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

So to be clear on the Classic English dubs...

The dub on the HK cut of My Lucky Stars is a combination of the original classic dub and the newer Fortune Star dub (not HKL).

The voices are pretty close though so it works quite well.

I'm hoping to recreate the Shorter Export Cut but I'm not sure we can get the exclusive opening & closing credits, plus that Frog!

That being said, it will be included in SD if we can't get the footage to recreate it in HD.

Sorry for any confusion from my previous post. :)

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers
On 11/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, Irongod2112 said:

So to be clear on the Classic English dubs...

The dub on the HK cut of My Lucky Stars is a combination of the original classic dub and the newer Fortune Star dub (not HKL).

The voices are pretty close though so it works quite well.

I'm hoping to recreate the Shorter Export Cut but I'm not sure we can get the exclusive opening & closing credits, plus that Frog!

That being said, it will be included in SD if we can't get the footage to recreate it in HD.

Sorry for any confusion from my previous post. :)

A combination of the dubs would be great, but the shorter cut is what grew up with and hoping you can pull off in HD.

when you say it will be included in SD, is that just the opening/closing sequence or the whole shorter cut? Like what Eureka did with the Police Force extra on the Police Story boxset?

• Like 4

Master with OK Fingers
On 11/28/2020 at 7:02 PM, Drunksnake said:

I really like the colours, Chan and Biao look ok-ish but Sammo's face doesn't look right to me. It's no Kung Fu Bob art but it'll do. I haven't really liked any of Eurekas covers to be honest, with the exception of Iron Monkey. Its a shame because they are great releases.

I believe @ShawAngela was referring to the re-released once upon a time in China trilogy. 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

A combination of the dubs would be great, but the shorter cut is what grew up with and hoping you can pull off in HD.

when you say it will be included in SD, is that just the opening/closing sequence or the whole shorter cut? Like what Eureka did with the Police Force extra on the Police Story boxset?

I say recreate the shorter cut in HD and use SD inserts for the opening credits and the frog bit if necessary 👍🏻

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

I believe @ShawAngela was referring to the re-released once upon a time in China trilogy. 👍

You're right, but by the time I realised the phone i was using kept freezing  and I just left it lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Master with OK Fingers
8 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I say recreate the shorter cut in HD and use SD inserts for the opening credits and the frog bit if necessary 👍🏻

Sounds perfect to me😀

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker

Man I had the OUATIC cineasia edition and those were complete dog whistle farts. The audio was so bad man. I'm fine with the video quality, it's the audio I'm worries about but since it's Eureka, they have knocked it out of the stadium as of late with their releases. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 6:54 PM, WaverBoy said:

Working on getting the shorter English export cut for My Lucky Stars recreated in HD.

If this falls through, the shorter export cut will be presented in SD.

Looking very good so far! :)

• Like 7

Master with OK Fingers
6 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Working on getting the shorter English export cut for My Lucky Stars recreated in HD.

If this falls through, the shorter export cut will be presented in SD.

Looking very good so far! :)

🤞🤞🤞🙏🙏🙏

• Like 4

Vices of Terror

Finally got around ordering The Bride with White Hair. The trailer looks fantastic, and somewhat familiar so I might've been watching that one as a kid on cable.

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
On 15/01/2021 at 6:07 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Great trailer. Cannot wait for this release. Did you have any luck in getting the shorter cut out on there in full HD? 🙏

• Like 6

On 1/26/2021 at 3:56 PM, Master with OK Fingers said:

Great trailer. Cannot wait for this release. Did you have any luck in getting the shorter cut out on there in full HD? 🙏

Yes the export version of My Lucky Stars with the classic English dub will be included in HD! :)

• Like 6

Master with OK Fingers
17 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Yes the export version of My Lucky Stars with the classic English dub will be included in HD! :)

You The Man GIF by memecandy

• Like 4

Speaking of peak HK cinema classics on blu (as in my last post)... I just discovered that in December, Eureka reissued their OUATIC trilogy boxset, with most of the same extras as their older, out of print one (including a whole bonus film, OUATIC and America, which isn't that exciting to me, as I feel once is enough with that movie, but it's generous of them). And at the usual absurdly affordable price for UK blu rays. This is a no-brainer buy for me. Just wanted to let people know, as I couldn't find any previous discussion of this with a quick search of the board.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/once-upon-a-time-in-china-trilogy-2/?fbclid=IwAR0rF_SZKGuJZW4Xc5bnzy0tW2g2hpvlc19OWpsg_YcxUyiHM-8UO-XCwAA

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 1:07 PM, Irongod2112 said:

That does look beautiful. A couple questions from someone who's never seen any of the Lucky Star movies...

I've heard they're actually more comedy than action. Is that accurate? The stunts and fights look good, but I have a pretty low tolerance for old-school "wa-wa-wa-WACKY!" Hong Kong movie comedy. The mugging... oh god, the mugging.

There's a bit where one character says, "Your contact is white," according to the subtitles. But in the dialogue, I heard "gweilo," which in my understanding is very slangy, arguably even a slur - more like "whitey" or "honky." Curious about that point - the subtleties of subtitle translation have always interested me.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2021 at 7:18 PM, Yohei72 said:

Speaking of peak HK cinema classics on blu (as in my last post)... I just discovered that in December, Eureka reissued their OUATIC trilogy boxset, with most of the same extras as their older, out of print one (including a whole bonus film, OUATIC and America, which isn't that exciting to me, as I feel once is enough with that movie, but it's generous of them). And at the usual absurdly affordable price for UK blu rays. This is a no-brainer buy for me. Just wanted to let people know, as I couldn't find any previous discussion of this with a quick search of the board.

https://eurekavideo.co.uk/movie/once-upon-a-time-in-china-trilogy-2/?fbclid=IwAR0rF_SZKGuJZW4Xc5bnzy0tW2g2hpvlc19OWpsg_YcxUyiHM-8UO-XCwAA

I have it on buy list. I should probably move it up before it goes out of print.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yohei72 said:

That does look beautiful. A couple questions from someone who's never seen any of the Lucky Star movies...

I've heard they're actually more comedy than action. Is that accurate? The stunts and fights look good, but I have a pretty low tolerance for old-school "wa-wa-wa-WACKY!" Hong Kong movie comedy. The mugging... oh god, the mugging.

It's true these movies do have a lot of comedy, the action in all 3 is superb as you'd expect but there is a great deal of silliness as well that can make the films drag if you're more of a fight fan. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Perhaps another classic will be announced? ;)

Check out Eureka Entertainment's Twitter tomorrow to find out.

Eu-uh5aWYAQtQ17.jpeg

I think it maybe the one armed Boxer 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Graysman said:

I think it maybe the one armed Boxer 

I hope so, i've got the Japanese Blu upscale and the Shout! DVD. I hope they can find the cut footage but i imagine unlikely.

• Like 3