The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

I can't say I'm excited but I like the idea of Eureka obtaining UK rights to Hong Kong movies that have been given recent bluray releases in Hong Kong. The possibilities are grand 😇

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Just announced...

17D29E74-2E4E-4C9F-A51C-709E29309B02.jpeg

Already pre-ordered.

This one will not go on the Eureka shelf with other Eureka releases - it will go right next to my TBWWH's  CN Entertainment and MLIFE box sets.

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers

Anyone know what's happening with Eureka? They seem extremely quite compared to 88 who seem to be announcing releases every week lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Anyone know what's happening with Eureka? They seem extremely quite compared to 88 who seem to be announcing releases every week lol

I think I read somewhere (it may have been on here) that COVID is being pretty problematic for them. Less staff, I think.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2020 at 3:08 PM, Master with OK Fingers said:

Hi guys!!

After the upcoming Bride with White Hair release (which is looking amazing I might add!)

Eureka is done for the rest of 2020 because of various issues and Covid19.

But no worries we will be back early 2021 with a big release that I'm currently working on! :)

Eureka has licensed a ton of HK classics for 2021 so better start saving up!

In the meantime enjoy 88 Films excellent releases!! :)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 16

In case anyone missed it. New trailer for Bride with White Hair.

Eureka has restored the original color timing, officially approved by Ronny Yu.

Please get your pre orders in to support this release. If this sells well Eureka will get Part 2 restored as well. :)

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 7

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Please get your pre orders in to support this release. If this sells well Eureka will get Part 2 restored as well. :)

That's great news @Irongod2112. I'm an enormous fan of this film, ordered it as soon as it went up for pre-order, and it's one of the most exciting Hong Kong releases to Blu-ray for me, right up there with DRAGONS FOREVER:nerd:

• Like 7

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Ill order on payday. October the 1st baby. 

cant wait.

• Like 5

Release date has been changed to Nov 9 and Eureka have confirmed a newly colour-graded restoration approved by Director Ronny Yu.

They've also added a bucket load of new and fantastic extras!

Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a stunning new 4K restoration (this restoration has been newly colour graded exclusively by Eureka Entertainment and officially approved by director Ronny Yu)
Cantonese audio, available in original stereo and restored 5.1 presentations
Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
Newly translated English subtitles
Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Audio commentary with director Ronny Yu
Brand new interview with director Ronny Yu [41 mins]
Brande new interview with actor Joe Tay [21 mins]
Brand new interview with screenwriter Jason Lam Kee To [56 mins]
Brand new interview with editor David Wu [24 mins]
Brand new interview with composer Richard Yuen [81 mins]
Archival “making of” featurette
Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]

• Like 7

• Administrator
9 hours ago, H A S S A N said:

Release date has been changed to Nov 9 and Eureka have confirmed a newly colour-graded restoration approved by Director Ronny Yu.

They've also added a bucket load of new and fantastic extras!

Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
1080p presentation on Blu-ray from a stunning new 4K restoration (this restoration has been newly colour graded exclusively by Eureka Entertainment and officially approved by director Ronny Yu)
Cantonese audio, available in original stereo and restored 5.1 presentations
Optional English and Mandarin audio tracks
Newly translated English subtitles
Brand new feature length audio commentary by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
Audio commentary with director Ronny Yu
Brand new interview with director Ronny Yu [41 mins]
Brande new interview with actor Joe Tay [21 mins]
Brand new interview with screenwriter Jason Lam Kee To [56 mins]
Brand new interview with editor David Wu [24 mins]
Brand new interview with composer Richard Yuen [81 mins]
Archival “making of” featurette
Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]

Fantastic!

I have no problem with a delay in the release date. Just take your time Eureka, and make this the best release you can. :bigsmile:

• Like 8

I'm not the biggest fan of this classic HK film but I always appreciated the beautiful cinematography.

It's one of the last HK movies that was filmed in 35mm ANAMORPHIC widescreen 2.35:1. 

Oh yeah, it even had a Dolby Surround 2.0 stereo soundtrack (again, most HK movies were stil mono in the 90s) which I assume is going to be on the Eureka bluray also. Great news!

• Like 5

Drunken Monk

Eureka have just announced that they’re re-releasing the Once Upon a Time in China trilogy on December 7th.

The re-release will have new (and inferior, in my opinion) art work.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Eureka have just announced that they’re re-releasing the Once Upon a Time in China trilogy on December 7th.

The re-release will have new (and inferior, in my opinion) art work.

I think the artwork isn't an absolute travesty, as some in other places have suggested, but I do agree that the original artwork was superior.

• Like 1

I don't like this cover at all, sorry for the one who designed it (I hope that it's not our friend KungFuBob !!)...

Actually, it's only Jet Li's drawing that I don't like, the rest is ok...

• Like 1

Special Features:

• A unique variant edition Limited Edition O-Card slipcase featuring new artwork by Darren Wheeling [2000 copies]
  • All three films presented in 1080p on Blu-ray from brand new 4K restorations, including the alternate extended Taiwanese version of Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars also fully restored in 4K
  • Cantonese audio tracks (original mono presentations)
  • Optional English dubbed audio tracks for all films
  • Newly translated English subtitles
  • Brand new feature length audio commentaries on all three films by Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival)
  • Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (6 mins)
  • Winners and Sinners – Archival interview with director and star Sammo Hung (13 mins)
  • Winners and Sinners – Sammo Hung retrospective featuring interviews with friends of the legendary director, actor, and action choreographer (20 mins)
  • My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Michiko Nishiwaki (20 mins)
  • My Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Sammo Hung (18 mins)
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Norton (33 mins)
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Archival interview with Richard Ng (21 mins)
  • Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars – Scott Adkins interviews Richard Norton, an excerpt from Adkins’ own “The Art of Action” series featuring Richard Norton discussing his experiences working on Twinkle, Twinkle, Lucky Stars
  • Behind-the-scenes featurettes on all three films originally produced for their Japanese releases
  • Outtakes, NG (“No Good!”) shots for all three films
  • Trailers for all three films
  • Limited Edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by James Oliver [2000 copies]

LUCKYS.jpg

• Like 16

Master with OK Fingers

Absolutely fantastic, I have been waiting for these for ages! I know early days but is there any more info other than what has been announced already on the audio / cuts on there for my lucky stars? I'm hoping for an international cut 85min version with original dub🤞🤞 Even if its just an extra 👍.

Maybe @Irongod2112 can give us a sneak peek? Lol

• Like 3

All three films will have the classic English dubs and they do fit the HK cuts. :)

Although we had to do a bit of trickery to get the classic dub on Winners & Sinners, I think everyone will be happy with how it was handled.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

@Irongod2112 It was great to see the preorder for the lucky stars boxset I look forward to whats coming next maybe Righting Wrongs will come next year as well and Armour of God and maybe Tiger Cage 1 and 2 in the future

• Like 3

Master with OK Fingers
11 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

All three films will have the classic English dubs and they do fit the HK cuts. :)

Although we had to do a bit of trickery to get the classic dub on Winners & Sinners, I think everyone will be happy with how it was handled.

Unless anyone has a winning lottery ticket they want to pass my way, I couldn't be happier right now! 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/2/2020 at 6:48 PM, ShawAngela said:

I don't like this cover at all, sorry for the one who designed it (I hope that it's not our friend KungFuBob !!)...

Actually, it's only Jet Li's drawing that I don't like, the rest is ok...

I really like the colours, Chan and Biao look ok-ish but Sammo's face doesn't look right to me. It's no Kung Fu Bob art but it'll do. I haven't really liked any of Eurekas covers to be honest, with the exception of Iron Monkey. Its a shame because they are great releases.

• Like 2