The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

actionfan93
5 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hi guys!!

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the Eureka & 88 Films releases. :)

As far as Girls with Guns flicks nothing is planned at the moment but it's definitely a possibility a bit down the road.

I'm looking to do a Michelle Yeoh box set in the future. :)

Yes Madam

Royal Warriors

Magnificent Warriors

Fortune Star still needs to restore the films so no true HD versions out there at the moment.

Project S and the Heroic Trio films would be nice as well but rights to those are not as clear.

I'm pushing both Eureka & 88 Films to pick them up so not sure which company will wind up releasing them.

Because of the pandemic Eureka's output has slowed down but no worries there are a TON of cool titles and surprises coming down the road!! :)

Irongod2112 that sounds great hopefully you can convince Eureka or 88 films to release the Yeoh films and hopefully to also try to get the rights for the Yukari Oshima,Moon Lee,Cynthia Rothrock and Cynthia Khan films as I think those and the Michelle Yeoh films would be great sellers for them and all have English dub options as well as other languages I hope Fortune Star restores The blonde fury,the in the line of duty films and the other girls with guns they own and hopefully 88 films or Eureka can get the rights to the others and they get restored as well if not already alot of these are are too great to not have higher quality releases than what they currently have

could we see a Tiger Cage 1 and 2 boxset in the future from either 88 Films or Eureka

could these be possible if the rights can be negotiated for them

Angel box set- Angel 1-3 and Angel Mission

Moon lee-Beauty Investigator,Mission Kill,Killer Angels,Angel Force,Princess Madam,Devil Hunters,Dreaming the Reality

The Outlaw Brothers and A Punch To Revenge both starring Yukari Oshima

Cynthia Rothrock -City Cops and The Blonde Fury

In the Line of Duty 1-4 box set

I hope either Eureka or 88 Films has Jackie Chan's Twin Dragons as a future release to come

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 7

I fully agree with you actionfan93, although The Outlaw Brothers might be a bit of a problem due to the excessive animal cruelty scenes. I wonder if it's a factor when choosing what to release/restore?

For your information Devil Hunters has already been released by Spectrum Films in Blu-Ray quality, although in French only for now. Not sure if it's true HD as I haven't watched it yet, but surely it's pretty good as their previous work has been great.

Among the titles you suggested, the ones most in dire need of a restoration work right now are:

ANGEL (1987)    <--    in the current "best" version, the night scenes are... unwatchable

ANGEL MISSION 

ANGEL FORCE

BEAUTY INVESTIGATOR

DREAMING THE REALITY

A PUNCH TO REVENGE

CITY COPS

IN THE LINE OF DUTY 3

There literally are no good-looking versions of these movies ANYWHERE outside of 35 mm print owners as of this moment. They all look like shit, basically. Even THE BLONDE FURY has a decently clear DVD going around.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 4

actionfan93
On 6/14/2020 at 1:54 PM, Daxtreme said:

I fully agree with you actionfan93, although The Outlaw Brothers might be a bit of a problem due to the excessive animal cruelty scenes. I wonder if it's a factor when choosing what to release/restore?

For your information Devil Hunters has already been released by Spectrum Films in Blu-Ray quality, although in French only for now. Not sure if it's true HD as I haven't watched it yet, but surely it's pretty good as their previous work has been great.

Among the titles you suggested, the ones most in dire need of a restoration work right now are:

ANGEL (1987)    <--    in the current "best" version, the night scenes are... unwatchable

ANGEL MISSION 

BEAUTY INVESTIGATOR

DREAMING THE REALITY

A PUNCH TO REVENGE

CITY COPS

IN THE LINE OF DUTY 3

There literally are no good-looking versions of these movies ANYWHERE outside of 35 mm print owners as of this moment. They all look like shit, basically. Even THE BLONDE FURY has a decently clear DVD going around.

the only reason I put Devil hunters on the list is its blu-ray is cropped and no english dub as well as I know with 88 Films and Eureka there will be many language options not just the 1 but Yukari Oshima's and Moon Lee's need high quality releases as weren't those 2 the biggest of the girls with guns stars I assume Michelle Yeoh would have been if she had made more but then Cynthia Khan wouldn't have done In the line of duty 3 and 4 and even though 4 has a blu ray out its upscaled and no english dub as well so 4 needs a true blu ray and I can only see 88 films or Eureka giving these films the quality releases they deserve if they can get the rights to them hopefully they have been restored it would be a shame to hear they have not been restored from their original video quality releases and I can add a few more to your lists as well in need of dire restoration

Moon Lee's Mission Kill/Mission of Condor and Angel Force both have not been upgraded from VHS quality and also not sure if Killer Angels could use restoration as well but I think it wouldn't hurt but yeah I understand The Outlaw brothers will be tough but hopefully it can get through and if cut hopefully only small cuts like HKL's dvd which was only cut by 10 seconds and also that is if all of these prints don't have damage from sitting over the years

I put the outlaw brothers on there due to Yukari's large amount of screen time in it as any film where she has a large amount of screen time is important to me to upgrade as higher quality releases come out as she for the most part was used as wasted talent doing cameos mostly or used in movies that should have never been made when she had the talent to do the bigger roles like she did in Angel 1,Beauty Investigator,Angel Mission, I can't help but wonder how many more gems she could have had it if her talent was not wasted like it was in the many bad movies she did and I do wish Angel Terminators 2 had been dubbed because it like Angel 1 is among her best roles and she had alot of screen time in it I also wish that God daughters mafia blues, and Close escape had been dubbed as well but in my opinion her best films were the following in any order

Angel 1

Close Escape

God Daughters Mafia Blues

Angel Mission

A Punch To Revenge

The Outlaw Brothers

Dreaming The Reality

Beauty Investigator

Angel Terminators 2

the rest except maybe Kickboxer's Tears are not very good The Avenging Quartet and Yes Madam a Serious shock should have been better then they were especially The avenging quartet that has Michiko,Yukari,Moon and Khan and all 4 were wasted talent in that film

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

there are a TON of cool titles and surprises coming down the road!

Some clues, some clues, please !! :bs_smile:

Wuxia ? Old school ? Golden harvest ? Shaws ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sounds like there’s some good stuff to come. I’m really hoping for...

The Prodigal Son

The Odd Couple

Knockabout

Dreadnaught

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin 

I don’t think these titles are wishful thinking as I’m sure I saw some of these releases on a Japanese magazine/blu ray pack on eBay. Would be good to hear some great martial arts movie news from EUREKA! it has been a while all we’ve had is Throw Down.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Master with OK Fingers said:

Never seen Throw Down, any good? Anything I can compare it to?

I’ve not watched it yet but did see a scene where the guy bets the bouncer that he can put him down in one move, that was cool.

• Like 4

On 6/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, Master with OK Fingers said:

Never seen Throw Down, any good? Anything I can compare it to?

Johnnie To's a director of acquired taste if you ask me. His action-oriented movies (Full-Time KillerExiledVengeance) are his most celebrated while his personal efforts (PTUSparrow) are less talked about. He's an all-rounder of genre film-making.

Don't expect the typical Hong Kong-style fight scenes. It's mostly grappling and done in an artistic way.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker
25 minutes ago, DiP said:

Johnnie To's a director of acquired taste if you ask me. His action-oriented movies (Full-Time KillerExiledVengeance) are his most celebrated while his personal efforts (PTUSparrow) are less talked about. He's an all-rounder of genre film-making.

Don't expect the typical Hong Kong-style fight scenes. It's mostly grappling and done in an artistic way.

He's underrated and is in my top 5 directors of all time. Didn't he do Drug War or his company did? That was my fav film of that year easily. The surprise and twist towards the end, wowza!!  The Election movies were badass. 

• Like 4

Yeah, he directed Drug War for his own company, along with Mainland investors and distributors. It's his last great directed movie imo.

• Like 2

Drunksnake

Never seen Made In Hong Kong so  will give this a go. Really want to hear some martial arts movie news from Eureka!, Mr Vampire is on my list to buy though so looking forward to getting that.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

Never seen Made In Hong Kong so  will give this a go. Really want to hear some martial arts movie news from Eureka!, Mr Vampire is on my list to buy though so looking forward to getting that.

It's brilliant, indie style..

• Like 2

Drunksnake
15 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

It's brilliant, indie style..

I think I’ll give it a go!

• Like 1

TibetanWhiteCrane

Yes, a few Johnnie To's titles really needs some fresh releases.... The Longest Nite and Expect the Unexpected (both ghost directed by him) A Hero Never Dies and The Mission could def do with some upgrades. 

• Like 5

actionfan93
2 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Announcement coming tomorrow folks!! :)

I hope its a Lucky Stars Box Set or Armour of god and I look forward to all future updates you have in the future on the girls with guns films as several will be must buys for my collection and maybe you will have other box sets to come out of those besides your Yeoh box set, maybe an Angel box set with Angel 1-3 and Angel Mission as they were all produced by the same studio though no idea who owns the rights now or maybe In the line of Duty 3 and 4 boxed together and hoping for a Tiger Cage 1 and 2 box set to come in the future

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 5

If you ever get these in a USA format, i would probably get these releases. Just wondering is there plans to do that, If someone has already asked or answered this i am sorry didn't read through the post. These releases look good i really want the three film Sammo collection one. Some of the others interest me too.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, slinky#1 said:

If you ever get these in a USA format, i would probably get these releases. Just wondering is there plans to do that, If someone has already asked or answered this i am sorry didn't read through the post. These releases look good i really want the three film Sammo collection one. Some of the others interest me too.

I highly recommend you treat yourself to a multi region blu ray player. The Eureka! and 88 Films releases are the best versions of these movies out there. The Eureka! Sammo Hung set is great. Eastern Condors looks and sounds amazing, as does The Magnificent Butcher. Wheels On Meals, Project A 1&2, Once Upon A Time In China 1,2,3 and America, Iron Monkey and other awesome movies are a few reasons you need a multi region player.

• Like 4