The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Master with OK Fingers
45 minutes ago, JackieRome said:

Blessed are you, he never came out of us. only on dvd around 2000. Few people bought foreign copies like I did. Luckily in Rome we had a video library run by Chinese who were a point of reference.

I was very lucky as I didn't know he was going to be there until that morning. I happened to be off work sick, opened the post in the morning and I had a letter from the Jackie Chan fan club saying that he was going to make an appearance! It didn't say what time he was going to be there, so I grabbed my favourite video and headed up to London. Must have waited there from about 10am and finally got to meet him around 5.30pm. Was only a couple of moments, but got my autograph, shook his hand. A memory I will never forget. 👍

• Like 9

Irongod2112
On 4/28/2020 at 12:29 PM, actionfan93 said:

Does Eureka have any more Jackie chan releases to come or are they done with those?

Why yes we do. :)

• Like 7

I think it's time for treatment on Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Chow Yun-Fat and other classic Hong Kong movies. It's good to change up from time to time. :D

• Like 3

Irongod2112
5 minutes ago, DiP said:

I think it's time for treatment on Jet Li, Donnie Yen, Chow Yun-Fat and other classic Hong Kong movies. It's good to change up from time to time. :D

Why I must agree! :)

Working hard to bring you just that.

Just be patient folks alot of cool things coming!!

• Like 9

Irongod2112

I'm once again asking for your help looking for HK laserdiscs.

Does anyone have the super rare HK laserdisc of Warriors Two put out by Winson?

s-l1600 (8) (1).jpg

• Like 6

Irongod2112

I'm also looking for some rare Japanese laserdiscs of HK films.

If anyone can help please PM me.

• Like 3

actionfan93

@Irongod2112 any chance of 88 films or Eureka releasing girls with guns movies in the future?

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 4

Drunken Monk

I don’t know if this is a standard thing with Eureka! but I just pre-ordered (I live in the States) and got free shipping. Nice.

• Like 3

Drunksnake

Never seen Mr vampire but I’ve heard about it a lot over the years and Lam Ching Ying’s a cool cat so I’m going to get this and see how it goes.

• Like 4

actionfan93

How do the colors look on the Eureka boxset for Project A and Project A2 I read online that Part 2 has a blue tint the whole film so I am really curious if its another case like the Police Story box set where they need color corrected?

Edited by actionfan93

If someone could restore the original IRON ANGELS (1987) that would be lovely!

Hopefully the original negatives still exist

• Like 3

actionfan93
On 6/1/2020 at 10:56 AM, Daxtreme said:

If someone could restore the original IRON ANGELS (1987) that would be lovely!

Hopefully the original negatives still exist

Biggest question is who owns the rights now and not just that one I'd like to see beauty investigator and dreaming the reality all restored ,angel mission released in 1988 was done by the same studio as angel 1,2 and 3 is one I'd like to see restored as well as in the line of duty 1-4,She Shoots Straight,The Blonde fury maybe City Cops restored as well with all or most available language options they had

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, actionfan93 said:

Biggest question is who owns the rights now and not just that one I'd like to see beauty investigator and dreaming the reality all restored ,angel mission released in 1988 was done by the same studio as angel 1,2 and 3 is one I'd like to see restored as well as in the line of duty 1-4,The Blonde fury maybe City Cops restored as well with all or most available language options they had

I'm all for those as well except that In the Line of Duty 1 (Yes Madam) 2 (Royal Warriors) and 4 have already pretty good versions out there on Blu-Ray. As for the titles, you can switch 1 and 2 around depending on who you ask... lol

3 though? It would definitely need some love... most definitely in fact, and all the other ones you mentioned above. Some of those are in a depressing state in terms of quality right now

When the best version of a movie out there comes from a VHS transposed to a DVD there's a problem (except for the few lucky ones who manage to own 35 mm copies of those films, somehow)

• Like 2

actionfan93
On 6/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, Daxtreme said:

I'm all for those as well except that In the Line of Duty 1 (Yes Madam) 2 (Royal Warriors) and 4 have already pretty good versions out there on Blu-Ray. As for the titles, you can switch 1 and 2 around depending on who you ask... lol

3 though? It would definitely need some love... most definitely in fact, and all the other ones you mentioned above. Some of those are in a depressing state in terms of quality right now

When the best version of a movie out there comes from a VHS transposed to a DVD there's a problem (except for the few lucky ones who manage to own 35 mm copies of those films, somehow)

I agree and though a few of these are out there I definitely think Moon Lee's mission kill,angel force, and killer angels all need the eureka or 88 films treatment and even though its been released devil hunters as well because its Blu ray is cropped and one of the reasons i included in the line of duty 1,2, and 4's is because their blu ray's have no English language options despite all 3 having dubs out there if 88 films or eureka decide to release girls with guns movies angel 1 and the rest above have English dubs as well that could be added to future releases  and a couple of others I'd like to see is a blu ray of The Outlaw Brothers and despite its german dvd release as Dragon Angel I'd like to see A Punch to Revenge as a Blu-Ray as well as it was put out by the same company as outlaw brothers because any film where Yukari Oshima has a large amount of screen time is important to me to add to my collection

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 3

actionfan93
On 6/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, Killer Meteor said:

Part 2 - it's not the whole film, but two day-time scenes now have a weird blue tint on them.

Thanks Killer Meteor for the reply so other than those 2 scenes both Part 1 and 2 have good colors and don't need color correction other than those 2 day time scenes in Part 2 what i mean are they both great enough that they won't need to see a re release in the future that would leave the next company the need to clean them up more other than the 2 blue tinted scenes

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2020 at 12:28 PM, Daxtreme said:

I'm all for those as well except that In the Line of Duty 1 (Yes Madam) 2 (Royal Warriors) and 4 have already pretty good versions out there on Blu-Ray.

They do? True HD, not upscales? Original Cantonese mono soundtracks with original foley f/x and English subtitles? If so, can you provide a link to order? I’ve been dying to get good HD versions of these, so I can give away my old non-anamorphic HK DVDs. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

P.S.: also looking for a good anamorphic release of MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS with original Cantonese mono and English subtitles. I’ll even take a DVD.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 4

actionfan93
1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

They do? True HD, not upscales? Original Cantonese mono soundtracks with original foley f/x and English subtitles? If so, can you provide a link to order? I’ve been dying to get good HD versions of these, so I can give away my old non-anamorphic HK DVDs. Thanks in advance for your help! :D

P.S.: also looking for a good anamorphic release of MAGNIFICENT WARRIORS with original Cantonese mono and English subtitles. I’ll even take a DVD.

according to www.blu-ray.com 4 is upscaled, 2 is not listed as such but the 1 review says its not a step up from the Fortune Star Dvd, and 1 is true hd but sound quality is not the best and new sounds were added on top of the old ones but Picture quality is great and also all 3 are Region A locked and since Fortune star owns the rights to 1,2,4 and I assume 3 since they have an hd trailer of 3 up on youtube maybe a box set of the 4 will come in the future from 88 films or Eureka

they also hold the rights to Tiger Cage 1 and 2 it seems so maybe a box set of those 2 in hd will come in the future as well

maybe we will see Millionaires express according to info on their PDF catalog on their site They have invested heavily on film restoration and film preservation and a large amount of the films in their collection are HD ready

Edited by actionfan93
  • Like 6

Irongod2112

Hi guys!!

I hope you are all doing well and are enjoying the Eureka & 88 Films releases. :)

As far as Girls with Guns flicks nothing is planned at the moment but it's definitely a possibility a bit down the road.

I'm looking to do a Michelle Yeoh box set in the future. :)

Yes Madam

Royal Warriors

Magnificent Warriors

Fortune Star still needs to restore the films so no true HD versions out there at the moment.

Project S and the Heroic Trio films would be nice as well but rights to those are not as clear.

I'm pushing both Eureka & 88 Films to pick them up so not sure which company will wind up releasing them.

Because of the pandemic Eureka's output has slowed down but no worries there are a TON of cool titles and surprises coming down the road!! :)

• Like 12