The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Is it necessary/recommended to see earlier installments before Fate of lee khan? There is obviously lack in education as never seen them but few have said they do not have much martial arts but more like slow burner adventures. Nothing wrong in that when on a right mood. But such state of mind I won`t have often and already tons of stuff in unwatched piles so atm don`t feel like picking them..

However would buy Fate for sake of Angela Mao if it works as it`s own movie without heavy connections to "prequels"...Planned to do it a while back but american release was sold out at local shop when got there...eureka it will be then..

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

Is it necessary/recommended to see earlier installments before Fate of lee khan? There is obviously lack in education as never seen them but few have said they do not have much martial arts but more like slow burner adventures. Nothing wrong in that when on a right mood. But such state of mind I won`t have often and already tons of stuff in unwatched piles so atm don`t feel like picking them..

However would buy Fate for sake of Angela Mao if it works as it`s own movie without heavy connections to "prequels"...Planned to do it a while back but american release was sold out at local shop when got there...eureka it will be then..

Lee Khan is a stand alone story. You don't need to see any other film. There's more character and intrigue than action. But I think it's a classic. 

• Like 6

sifu iron perm

I peeped both butcher and condors last night, magnificent was brilliant and so nice to see it with no burnt in subs with greek texts etc..lol..great movie man! this goes hand in hand with prodigal son & warrior's two.

eastern condor's was a fantastic, last time i watched a copy was 4 or 5 years ago on a german import dvd, and before taht was 15 years ago on a dusty vhs copy. 

This has to be the first time seeing the snake/yune biao scene..crazy! 

Forgot how voilent and brutal this film is..Jackie chan probably wouldnt have agreed to it? 

• Like 5

I love the scene in Butcher when

Spoiler

Sammo gets revenge for his brother and kills Fung Hark On

. Great no mercy scene!!! I love it!!!!

Edited by KUNG FU BOB
Hid a SPOILER.
  • Like 5

sifu iron perm

really wish simon yuen was alive to complete M.  Butcher!! 

would have been great chemistry..

Image result for simon yuen

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 6

Hey guys I hope you are all enjoying the Sammo set & Fate of Lee Khan. :)

I'm reaching out again for fans that would be willing to help out on upcoming Eureka & 88 Films titles.

There are ALOT of titles coming up so I'm looking for people who can do Chinese translation Cantonese & Mandarin.

I'm also looking for people who have experience with timing subtitles so even if you don't speak the language we can use your help. :)

I'm also looking for audio / video guys to help out as well. 

So all you amazing guys who have done customs in the past please feel free to send me a PM.

If anyone thinks they have something to offer to help these releases please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

I will be working hard on making sure the upcoming releases will be as good as they can be!

2020 is going be quite a year for HK films!! :)

• Like 8

On 10/22/2019 at 11:22 PM, sifu iron perm said:

eastern condor's was a fantastic, last time i watched a copy was 4 or 5 years ago on a german import dvd, and before taht was 15 years ago on a dusty vhs copy. 

This has to be the first time seeing the snake/yune biao scene..crazy! 

Actually the snake scene was probably uncut on the German DVD you mentioned.

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 9:26 PM, Killer Meteor said:

Fung Hark-on bares a striking resemblance to former Dracula/Bond villain Louis Jourdan - who to the best of my knowledge never did a graphic rape scene in a movie, not even the one where he stalks Doris Day.

How true it is ! Especially on the picture used by our friend @Graeme Of Death !! I had neever thought of this, thanks for having pointed it out !

• Like 3

On 10/21/2019 at 9:30 PM, saltysam said:

Fate Of Lee Khan arrived today, a nice slipcase accompanying it.

Mine is on the way, and I received Sammo's one on Saturday.

• Like 4

Graeme Of Death

Watched Iron Fisted Monk yesterday and it looks brilliant, couple of scenes maybe not the best clarity but overall still superb.

Never realised before that it has a strange mix of serious grim story telling mixed with comedy. Fung Hark On's cheek bones have never looked so evil :)

Wish Eureka and 88 Films would try and get some new interviews with the actors like HKL did and not just copy over the old ones.. Always thought it was great to finally see interviews for the first time with the likes of Dick Wei, Mars, Lee Hoi San etc

• Like 3

Eastern Condors and Iron-Fisted Monk were greatly treated, with very few badly-timed subbed lines on the former movie. Otherwise, perfect releases!!! Now on to The Magnificent Butcher...

• Like 4

On 10/22/2019 at 9:47 PM, MobFu1972 said:

I love the scene in Butcher when

Reveal hidden contents

Sammo gets revenge for his brother and kills Fung Hark On

. Great no mercy scene!!! I love it!!!!

Sorry about that with the spoiler tag 🤐😏

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DiP said:

Eastern Condors and Iron-Fisted Monk were greatly treated, with very few badly-timed subbed lines on the former movie. Otherwise, perfect releases!!! Now on to The Magnificent Butcher...

I can honestly say the subs on EC were perfectly timed when I last checked them, so I don't know what happened? 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2019 at 1:45 PM, Drunksnake said:

The Condors live extra is great too watching the guys do there thing live is a nice way to top off a great movie.

I only wish the live show had English subtitles, that's probably my only gripe with the set.

• Like 3

On 10/24/2019 at 2:21 AM, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys I hope you are all enjoying the Sammo set & Fate of Lee Khan. :)

I'm reaching out again for fans that would be willing to help out on upcoming Eureka & 88 Films titles.

There are ALOT of titles coming up so I'm looking for people who can do Chinese translation Cantonese & Mandarin.

I'm also looking for people who have experience with timing subtitles so even if you don't speak the language we can use your help. :)

I'm also looking for audio / video guys to help out as well. 

So all you amazing guys who have done customs in the past please feel free to send me a PM.

If anyone thinks they have something to offer to help these releases please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

I will be working hard on making sure the upcoming releases will be as good as they can be!

2020 is going be quite a year for HK films!! :)

would love to see Dragon lord both cuts, the young master and both spooky encounters films

• Like 4

sifu iron perm

i finally finished the sammo hung trip bluray...

grand release from Eureka!¬

Iron fisted monk was a very good film but it went beyond the realms of stating its message..lol

but i guess sammo wanted us to feel how he feels about the Manchu's..

this is another golden harvest classic

• Like 4

On 10/28/2019 at 4:09 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I only wish the live show had English subtitles, that's probably my only gripe with the set.

A translation was done but unfortunately it was too late to include.

It broke my heart not including it. :(

However if another company does Eastern Condors I will make sure it gets on the release! :)

• Like 2

Hey guys! :)

I'm currently working on Zu Warriors from the Magic Mountain for Eureka.

All is going very well so far and the new scan looks incredible! :)

I was wondering if anyone knows if a classic English dub exists for the HK theatrical cut of the film.

I was told that the Tai Seng VHS says it has a English dub... does anyone have any information on that?

If anyone can help me please post or PM me. I would really appreciate it.

I hope everyone here enjoys the holidays and let me just say we have a ton of cool HK films coming in 2020 from both Eureka & 88 Films to look forward to!! :)

• Like 10

If Zu includes the international cut, I'll mainly buy it to get to see that.

• Like 2