The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Does anyone have the original English dub for Fate of Lee Khan?

If so could you please contact me right away for I need to check something.

Thank you!! :)

• Like 2

I got my copy of Eureka's Three Films With Sammo Hung BD set today:

DSC_3142.JPG

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I got my copy of Eureka's Three Films With Sammo Hung BD set today

Mine have been dispatched - I should get it by mid week.

• Like 4

Briefly checked this last night: only had time to look at EASTERN CONDORS (possibly my fave HK film ever)  and I can only echo the reviews online: this is a beautiful, beautiful transfer that looks and sounds as if it were shot yesterday.

Just stunning.

I’m amazed and overjoyed that something like this has been released.- huge kudos to you and the team that has put this together. 

@Irongod2112

I honestly don’t know how this could be any more impressive than it is.

If any of you are wondering whether or not to grab this, do it now – especially if you’ve never seen these films!

• Like 10

Got mine on Friday. Haven't had an opportunity to watch any of it yet, but I've glanced at Eastern Condors and it looks phenomenal.

• Like 6

I watched iron fisted monk this morning and everything about it is perfect strong rape scenes but picture and sound quality is totally fantastic best it as ever sounded and ever looked big big respect to @Irongod2112 and anyone else that was involved with these 3 sammo hung classics 

• Like 4

Hi guys, new member here so thought I’d add something. Have watched all three sammo films from Eureka! now and although it seems most of the hype was for Eastern Condors, I found Magnificent Butcher far more satisfying in terms of choreography. I love Eastern Condors but the intricacies in the action of Butcher just blow me away every time I see it. My favourite scene is Yuen Biao vs Lam Ching Ying at the Po Chi Lam school. Flawless! It’d been a few years since I last saw any of these films and was blown away at how beautiful they all looked and sounded! Thumbs up EUREKA! and all the fans that got involved to make this the release it is. There seems to be many great martial arts releases coming our way at the moment and they’re really reinvigorating my love for martial arts/HK cinema so thanks guys. Shout out to 88 films too for picking up some great Jackie chan titles the Lo Wei movies were great and I’m sure the next four Jackie releases will be even better!! As I’ve said these releases have reignited a flame in me for these films which has led me to this forum. Thanks for having me guys am looking forward to reading and learning from you all.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Drunksnake said:

My favourite scene is Yuen Biao vs Lam Ching Ying at the Po Chi Lam school. Flawless!

That’s my favorite fight scene of all time.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

That’s my favorite fight scene of all time.

I can’t say I blame you. It’s so well choreographed and executed I love watching these guys together, Prodigal Son is awesome too for the same reasons. I really don’t believe we’ll ever get martial arts combat scenes like this again. People just aren’t trained (tortured) like these guys (and many others) anymore, and for good reason!

• Like 7

I’m finding Magnificent Butcher’s subtitles a little too quick. The translations are good but long and fast for my liking. I liked the HKL subtitles to be honest. It’d be nice to have those as an option. Opinions??

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

I’m finding Magnificent Butcher’s subtitles a little too quick. The translations are good but long and fast for my liking.

Thx for warning. I was for a moment thinking to get this set  but stick with ivl magnificent butcher( and eyecatcher eastern condors).

Same issue was in subs with "last hurrah for chivalry"...prefer them to stay on screen more longer than a blink.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

Thx for warning. I was for a moment thinking to get this set  but stick with ivl magnificent butcher( and eyecatcher eastern condors).

Same issue was in subs with "last hurrah for chivalry"...prefer them to stay on screen more longer than a blink.

Please don’t let me put you off it’s not the whole film just some long lines of dialogue. I can’t recommend this set enough I love it the films have never looked or sounded better! I’m just being fussy really I still thoroughly enjoyed each viewing. Don’t miss out on this!

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Drunksnake said:

Please don’t let me put you off it’s not the whole film just some long lines of dialogue. I can’t recommend this set enough I love it the films have never looked or sounded better! I’m just being fussy really I still thoroughly enjoyed each viewing. Don’t miss out on this!

I believe sound and pic are outstanding. And while Eastern Condors is one of best modern day action movies never cared for iron fisted monk. And if need learn to be superfast reader I would enjoy eureka release of Magnificent Butcher less than ivl dvd despite it sounds and looks better. For sake of Condors upgrade only there is not much sense forking out money for box.

Hopefully lightning fast subs won`t be an issue in future releases.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Tex Killer said:

I believe sound and pic are outstanding. And while Eastern Condors is one of best modern day action movies never cared for iron fisted monk. And if need learn to be superfast reader I would enjoy eureka release of Magnificent Butcher less than ivl dvd despite it sounds and looks better. For sake of Condors upgrade only there is not much sense forking out money for box.

Hopefully lightning fast subs won`t be an issue in future releases.

Condors looks amazing and you’ll be lucky to see a release better than this or even match it. Magnificent Butcher looks and sounds beautiful too I can’t get enough of this movie at the moment, I’m even considering watching it with the original English dub (which I never do). I was never a fan of Iron fisted monk I had only seen it once and didn’t think much to it but I’ve found a new appreciation for it now after this release. Obviously it’s your choice but I guarantee you won’t regret purchasing this set. The Condors live extra is great too watching the guys do there thing live is a nice way to top off a great movie.

• Like 5

Graeme Of Death

I've not seen Iron Fisted Monk, since it came out on HKL but I remember it being a decent film and it being Fung Hark On's most evil performance. :) 

• Like 3

I would add  Magnificent Butcher as an evil performance too.

It seems that at that time, Golden Harvest had decided that Fung Hak On would only be cast as a raper  !

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 4

Graeme Of Death
8 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I would add  Magnificent Butcher as an evil performance too.

It seems that at that time, Golden Harvest had decided that Fung Hak On would only be cast as a raper  !

Outside of Jackie, Sammo and Yuen Biao, he's probably my favourite Kung Fu actor, ever since I first saw Police Story. Even when you see pictures of him out of character smiling away you still can't help but think he's pure evil :)

Years since I watched Magnificent Butcher as well, don't really remember him in it, just remember Lee Hoi San. 

Need to find a film where Fung Hark On plays a good guy. He kinda becomes a good guy at the end of Challenge of the Masters but I'm not counting that :)

Edited by Graeme Of Death
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Outside of Jackie, Sammo and Yuen Biao, he's probably my favourite Kung Fu actor, ever since I first saw Police Story. Even when you see pictures of him out of character smiling away you still can't help but think he's pure evil :)

Years since I watched Magnificent Butcher as well, don't really remember him in it, just remember Lee Hoi San. 

Need to find a film where Fung Hark On plays a good guy. He kinda becomes a good guy at the end of Challenge of the Masters but I'm not counting that :)

You chose the right avatar that confirm what you say !...:bs_smile:

• Like 2

Killer Meteor

Fung Hark-on bares a striking resemblance to former Dracula/Bond villain Louis Jourdan - who to the best of my knowledge never did a graphic rape scene in a movie, not even the one where he stalks Doris Day.

MV5BNzk4Y2Y0MjEtNjM2Yy00NzYzLTllNTAtYWMwMGNhM2E2MWUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTk0MjQ3Nzk@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Like 3