The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

What's the significance of the random eagle about to painfully land on one of Sammo's arms on the cover? Or maybe he's gonna pinch that dodgy looking wig off his head.  That hairdo is tinkering on the same level as the simple JC Project A hairdo.  Other two look much better.

It's been ages years since I've seen any of these films so got a foggy memory on bird life in these films.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thehangman said:

On the Eureke site it says:

Eastern Condors: The Export Version [94 mins]– Presented in 2K, a shorter edit of the film released to international markets

So why is the version shorter? whats missing?

I know the taiwanese cut is supposed to be longer,but think thats lost

Now I'm confused too... they advertise the films as completely uncut for the first time, and then say Eastern Condors is actually an edited version? Wouldn't that qualify as being cut?

• Like 3

De Ming Li

That's an bonus extra, the main feature will be of course the full uncut version.

Edited by De Ming Li
  • Like 4

TheFlyingPanda

I'm supper stoked about Eastern Condors I hope its the definitive release. Of course the whole pack with  The Iron-Fisted Monk and The Magnificent Butcher  ( Two of my favorite ) Sammo films is a Treat. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I think HKL was HK version (aside from BBFC cut).

That is totally correct.

Cannot believe it is getting an uncut release here in the UK - how times have changed!

Stunned to read that some are complaining about this set!

• Like 4

Killer Meteor
38 minutes ago, Karlos said:

That is totally correct.

Cannot believe it is getting an uncut release here in the UK - how times have changed!

Stunned to read that some are complaining about this set!

I'm still waiting for proof that they are.

• Like 1

i've seen comments on BD.COM about not liking animal cruelty (hate it myself) but i don't think i've seen anyone complaining about the set except for maybe one who thought Prodigal Son rather than Condors should be in the package.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 2

Killer Meteor

I must admit I HATE the sex scenes in IRON FISTED MONK (both rape and brothel). Very seedy. I bet Fung Hark-on had trouble getting a date after that film.

• Like 1

Omni Dragon
6 hours ago, Burnout29 said:

What's the significance of the random eagle about to painfully land on one of Sammo's arms on the cover?

I believe it's meant to be a condor. It was on a poster for Eastern Condors:

EasternCondors.jpg

(in front of a rising sun (a symbol of the East/eastern). 

• Like 3

Hopefully be a good release without issues,love to see more boxsets

Love The Young master and Dragon lord in a package aswell

Be nice to get Both spooky Encouters films aswell

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

I think HKL was HK version (aside from BBFC cut).

This is correct.

• Like 3

On 7/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, De Ming Li said:

That's an bonus extra, the main feature will be of course the full uncut version.

ok, that makes more sense - thanks

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
9 hours ago, thehangman said:

Be nice to get Both spooky Encouters films aswell

That would be a dream come true for me.

• Like 3

Irongod2112

Hey guys! :)

Working hard on getting more HK titles ready for bluray through the various companies.

Going forward things are looking very good for HK films on bluray going all the ways into 2020 but I still need help...

If anyone has the soundtrack CD for Dragons Forever can you please send me a PM...  ASAP!!

I'm also looking for a few HK VCDs so if anyone here has a big collection of VCDs please contact me.

I'm still looking for laserdisc audio as well so if any of you guys have HK LDs please let me know.

Hope to hear from some of you soon. :)

• Like 5

DragonClaws
On 8/4/2019 at 3:51 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys! :)

Working hard on getting more HK titles ready for bluray through the various companies.

Going forward things are looking very good for HK films on bluray going all the ways into 2020 but I still need help...

If anyone has the soundtrack CD for Dragons Forever can you please send me a PM...  ASAP!!

I'm also looking for a few HK VCDs so if anyone here has a big collection of VCDs please contact me.

I'm still looking for laserdisc audio as well so if any of you guys have HK LDs please let me know.

Hope to hear from some of you soon. :)

I don't have any material to contribute, but keep up the great work you are doing on these releases both new and old.

• Like 1

AT LAST A BLU RAY THAT I'LL BE ABLE TO GET BECAUSE IT'S NOT REGION A !!

Youhouhou !!!! :bs_smile:

And I like more this cover art than the other blu ray's one, though this latter is beautiful too, but this Eureka one, wow !! Great !!

• Like 4

I got the delay release email 2 days ago from Amazon

"Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Three Films With Sammo Hung (Eureka Classics) Blu-ray"
    Estimated arrival date: October 14 2019 - October 16 2019"

• Like 2

thundered mantis

I was psyched and all hyped with this BD release, but I just watched the trailer on my pc and thought video quality was like subpar DVD? Worst than FS editions for Eastern Condors and Magnificent Butcher. I watched them on a 2K monitor, dunno if that ruined the thing. The other Eureka releases I have seen are truly impressive in terms of PQ. What do you think? @Irongod2112

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

I was psyched and all hyped with this BD release, but I just watched the trailer on my pc and thought video quality was like subpar DVD? Worst than FS editions for Eastern Condors and Magnificent Butcher. I watched them on a 2K monitor, dunno if that ruined the thing. The other Eureka releases I have seen are truly impressive in terms of PQ. What do you think? @Irongod2112

Please don't go by the compressed YouTube trailer.

The new restorations for all three films are excellent! :)

The new 2K scans are very similar to what Last Hurrah for Chivalry & Hand of Death looked like.

Bottom line is all three films have never looked or sounded better.

Probably even better than the original theatrical runs. ;)

Please spread the word and if sales are good we can get even more HK films like this.

Edited by Irongod2112
  • Like 5