The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

JackieChan
2 hours ago, hardz said:

Holy Jesus .......EASTERN CONDORS (finally we'll have a good release without sync issues)....take my money now.

Did the HKL version have sync problems? I have that version, been a while since i've watched it. Anyway I just pre-ordered the Eureka Sammo Hung boxset & John Wick: Chapter 3

• Like 1

Tex Killer
8 minutes ago, hardz said:

Hope they include the Eastern Condors Live show as an extra

SPECIAL FEATURES

Eastern Condors Live! – a live performance from the 1987 “Miss Hong Kong Pageant”

Pity it`s iron-fisted monk around, dislike that movie. Incredible kung fu master or victim would have been amazing....

• Like 2

Iron Head Rat
1 hour ago, Tex Killer said:

Pity it`s iron-fisted monk around, dislike that movie.

😲 why?

• Like 1

Tex Killer
27 minutes ago, Iron Head Rat said:

😲 why?

Not remember specific reasons anymore, been ages since saw it. Had fortune star legendary collection dvd as put it into recycle immediately there certainly was something which put off from movie. It wasn`t infamous rapescene tho or even dean shek alone although hate him...but if action was good then can guess comedy was not.

And not going to see movie again so this set is not tempting enough for just sake of upgrading magnificent butcher and eastern condors(eyecatcher dvd is fine enough) unless if each br is in their own cases then could get rid off Monk and keep other two.

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 1

DragonClaws

Great looking set.

Only Eastern Condor's and Iron Fisted Monk were previously cut in the U.K, Magnificent Butcher was never cut here on VHS or DVD. There's no additional fight footage restored to these film's, as the cut were to anmal cruelty and sexual violence.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

SPECIAL FEATURES

Eastern Condors Live! – a live performance from the 1987 “Miss Hong Kong Pageant”

Pity it`s iron-fisted monk around, dislike that movie. Incredible kung fu master or victim would have been amazing....

I mentioned that to them ages ago. Didn't think they'd be able to get hold of it. Nice inclusion. Shame the deleted scenes appear to be lost. 

• Like 1

DragonClaws
7 hours ago, thehangman said:

weren't the deleted scenes from a Taiwanese print of eastern condors?

Very likley, as that market would often have longer ptins of Hong Kong films. I'm not sure if that's still the case, when now but it was back then.

• Like 2

I've read on a few forums that some fans actually want to skip the Sammo set because it's uncut (Iron Fisted Monk in particular), Eureka must be pulling their hair out. Kung fu fans boycott movies that are cut and are now voicing concerns about uncut releases, there's talk of having both versions on the disc to not upset anybody which I hope they don't do as it shouldn't be necessary. My fear is that Eureka will decide it's too much hassle trying to please everybody and just give up, the effort they've made on titles up to now is exceptional and should be applauded.

• Like 7

Secret Executioner

1 hour ago, andy338 said:

My fear is that Eureka will decide it's too much hassle trying to please everybody and just give up,

Sadly I wouldn't blame them if people keep acting like jerks whatever they do... I mean, the beginning of your message says it all:

I've read on a few forums that some fans actually want to skip the Sammo set because it's uncut (Iron Fisted Monk in particular), Eureka must be pulling their hair out. Kung fu fans boycott movies that are cut and are now voicing concerns about uncut releases,

• Like 2

Tex Killer

I've read on a few forums that some fans actually want to skip the Sammo set because it's uncut (Iron Fisted Monk in particular), Eureka must be pulling their hair out. Kung fu fans boycott movies that are cut and are now voicing concerns about uncut releases, there's talk of having both versions on the disc to not upset anybody which I hope they don't do as it shouldn't be necessary. My fear is that Eureka will decide it's too much hassle trying to please everybody and just give up, the effort they've made on titles up to now is exceptional and should be applauded.

I would like to think it`s just a few persons who feel like that and make more noise than maybe should. Most who do not want to see such scenes hopefully know how to forward them over or turn eyes away from sceen during those moments...

• Like 2

I think more people will buy this because it's uncut than not buy it because it's uncut. 

Personally I have no time for animal cruelty (or rape scenes for that matter) but to pass on this set for those reasons is churlish in my opinion. 

Its not like there are a good alternatives to settle for. 

The positives should far outweigh the negatives. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Markgway said:

I think more people will buy this because it's uncut than not buy it because it's uncut. 

Personally I have no time for animal cruelty (or rape scenes for that matter) but to pass on this set for those reasons is churlish in my opinion. 

Its not like there are a good alternatives to settle for. 

The positives should far outweigh the negatives. 

I hope so, I agree that the rape scene is uncomfortable to watch and I would think most people feel the same however this is looking like a superb release of these 3 classic films and i'm surprised some people seem to have found something to be negative about.

• Like 2

thehangman

Snake  scene in Eastern condors is very brief anyway.

And the rape scene in Iron fist monk is no where near as bad as in some hollywood movies

• Like 5

I'm getting confused reading this thread differing the 'we want this' and 'we're getting this.'

The Sammo set I knew about months ago, I wasn't aware of the controversial r*** scene but I've definitely seen a lot worse.  Wasn't there a bad one on that shoddy looking Rarescope release of Cub Tiger, I got through that one but the shoddiness may have diminished the visual shock impact of such a thing.

Drunken Monk

At the end of the day, I'd much rather see a film how the director intended me to see it. Rape scenes, while sometimes graphic and exploitative (I Spit on your Grave etc.) often serve a purpose. To evoke some sort of emotion.
However, I do contradict myself as I've never felt animal cruelty adds anything worthwhile to a film. Sure, it adds another layer of "repulsive" to a film like Cannibal Ferox but I've never really seen the point of it. With that said, again, I'd rather have the film in its uncut form.

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
On 7/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, andy338 said:

Which forums?

• Like 1

thehangman

On the Eureke site it says:

Eastern Condors: The Export Version [94 mins]– Presented in 2K, a shorter edit of the film released to international markets

So why is the version shorter? whats missing?

I know the taiwanese cut is supposed to be longer,but think thats lost

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
18 minutes ago, thehangman said:

On the Eureke site it says:

Eastern Condors: The Export Version [94 mins]– Presented in 2K, a shorter edit of the film released to international markets

So why is the version shorter? whats missing?

I know the taiwanese cut is supposed to be longer,but think thats lost

By the 80s, GH often made shorter or different English language versions of their films as opposed to just dubbing the HK edits into English.

• Like 1

thehangman

wonder what the differances are,i gather it will be same version as HKL released but with snake scene

• Like 1