The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Iron Head Rat
  1. The Prodigal Son & Warriors Two.. Yes I😊  would absolutely love a beautiful transfer of Legend of Fighter.
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Iron Head Rat said:
  1. The Prodigal Son & Warriors Two.. Yes I😊  would absolutely love a beautiful transfer of Legend of Fighter.

In the correct aspect ratio, for one. Hopefully it'd be possible to source a Cantonese track for it, too.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

warriors II is my fav wing chun movie ever. Please let this be true. A bluray would be even better.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
5 hours ago, Asmo said:

In the correct aspect ratio, for one. Hopefully it'd be possible to source a Cantonese track for it, too.

Legend of a Fighter is Seasonal rather than Fortune Star, and lord knows what state their archive is in (it's been 18 years since the HKL cropped DVD!!!), but I'd welcome a release for sure.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Legend of a Fighter is Seasonal rather than Fortune Star, and lord knows what state their archive is in (it's been 18 years since the HKL cropped DVD!!!), but I'd welcome a release for sure.

Fair point. We know some Seasonal titles have been released in HD, but then I don't know how the licenses of say Drunken Master or Snake in the Eagle's Shadow are compared to Legend of a Fighter.

Agreed. Any upgrade over the HKL would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

thehangman
8 minutes ago, Asmo said:

Fair point. We know some Seasonal titles have been released in HD, but then I don't know how the licenses of say Drunken Master or Snake in the Eagle's Shadow are compared to Legend of a Fighter.

one of my fave martial arts films love to see this on bluray

• Like 1

Irongod2112
On 5/22/2019 at 7:01 AM, Asmo said:

If any of the companies ever license Legend of a Fighter I do have a super rare LD source for the original Cantonese mono. :)

Still need help on some audio tracks.

Does anyone have Royal Warriors on laserdisc? Could be HK or US release.

I also need the Deltamac DVD for Story of Ricky.

I need a few other Deltamac DVDs to compare audio so if anyone has any Deltamac DVDs please PM me!! :)

• Like 1

Royal Warriors already had a blu-ray release, why not release movies that never had one?

Like its sequel, In the Line of Duty 3? ;)

If it includes lots of bonus material and better audio tracks though then I guess it's still a win!

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
3 hours ago, Asmo said:

Those two films are interesting, as they seem to have come to Blu-ray via Sony and Destination Films - maybe Seasonal no longer owns them outside of Hong Kong. The source material used for SITES is superior to that used by HKL for their ancient cropped DVD, which was missing frames in places.

• Like 1

Irongod2112
5 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Royal Warriors, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't have a Blu-Ray with the original mono track.

The current bluray is also a upscale and not real HD.

• Like 3

Looking forward to this release then!! hopefully it's popular enough to warrant releasing the whole In the Line of Duty franchise to Blu-Ray disk :)

• Like 1

Irongod2112

Hey guys! :)

I'm currently looking for people to help out with subtitle translation for Eureka and other companies I'm currently assisting.

If anyone here is a Cantonese speaker and has experience in doing English subtitles please contact me and we can work on getting more HK titles ready for release.

Thanks! :)

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 11:36 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys! :)

I'm currently looking for people to help out with subtitle translation for Eureka and other companies I'm currently assisting.

If anyone here is a Cantonese speaker and has experience in doing English subtitles please contact me and we can work on getting more HK titles ready for release.

Thanks! :)

So Eureka doesn't need my work anymore? 

What do you know that I don't? 

got mail last hurrah/hand of death been shipped. 5 days before release date. Although local post sucks often there are hopes it arrives next week..Unlike often not let them gather dust in plastic wrap for undefined time instead watch immediately.

:yociexp86:

Hoping God Of Gamblers will be boxset...Not sure if 1st flick alone is tempting enough for purchase....It`s fine movie but would really need other flicks too.

• Like 1

Irongod2112

Hey guys I'm looking to source an original mono track for the early Sammo film Shaolin Plot for a possible upcoming bluray release. 

Does anyone have the Joysales VCD? I was able to source the Shout Factory DVD but the audio is not original unfortunately.

Are there any other releases of this on DVD?

Does anyone have an original English dub for this one as well?

I'm also looking for John Woo's Heroes Shed no Tears aka Blast Heroes German DVD.

If anyone has these or any information on them please send me a PM.

Thanks!! :)

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 4:53 PM, Irongod2112 said:

Hey guys still looking for some HK laserdiscs for possible upcoming Eureka titles.

Does anyone have the following HK laserdiscs listed below?

If so, please send me a PM :)

Warriors Two

Prodigal Son

Royal Warriors

God of Gamblers

Also here is the new trailer for Hand of Death & Last Hurrah for Chivalry

https://youtu.be/Eq2tjbIx8dQ

Don't worry guys the Classic English dubs are on the discs! ;)

I will purchase these now!  Thanks

• Like 2

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jackie-Police-Eureka-Classics-Blu-ray/dp/B07T2H6T2R/ref=sr_1_45?qid=1561635375&refinements=p_n_theme_browse-bin%3A5808040031&s=dvd&sr=1-45

Just seen this on Amazon, looks like Eureka are re-issuing the Police Story boxset.

Also noticed on BBFC site, Iron Fisted Monk passed uncut with a release date of 15th September (though I guess this could change as it hasn't been officially announced).

https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/iron-fisted-monk-video

• Like 2

Got today Last hurrah/hand of death...

Didn`t put HOD to player yet as it`s lesser of two movies(but very good one), can wait...but before watch last hurrah later tonight did bit comparing of subs to version I have on german dvd(keep it because double feature with "the sword", traded hk disc away when eureka announced this). Bit more details here and there in eureka subs and language is also very smooth. PQ is excellent!

Booklet is also nice, would love to have Thai poster "last hurrah" on the wall...

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Tex Killer said:

Got today Last hurrah/hand of death

Awesome!!!!

I was scheduled to get mine today but no one was home when the UPS driver came (I got the delivery attempted notification while I was on the train to work). They will try again to deliver tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thekfc said:

Awesome!!!!

I was scheduled to get mine today but no one was home when the UPS driver came (I got the delivery attempted notification while I was on the train to work). They will try again to deliver tomorrow.

Hopefully then it reaches you. Very pleased with eureka! mailorder department..Probably dragon dynasty is best dvd around of "last hurrah" but when toggled between br and german dvd to compare to subs, difference in quality looked enormous...

Will start to view in some minutes, can`t wait longer...

*watched about half now, coffee break. It`s PQwise magnificent presentation of terrific film. Just one thing, subs at times feel to disappear tad too quicky in short sentences. Need to read them very quickly but getting used to it not hard...

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 2

Irongod2112

Hey guys been busy helping various companies with more HK films. So be patient more are on the way! :)

Does anyone have the Deltamac DVD for Encounters of the Spooky Kind?

Please send me a PM.

• Like 5

Eureka is releasing a Sammo Hung boxset containing The Iron-Fisted Monk, The Magnificent Butcher, and Eastern Condors on September 23.

• Like 5