The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

8 hours ago, HeavenSword said:

First time watch for both of these .  I already know this is gonna be some wild shit just by looking at that human wrecking ball with legs and wings in the middle of the cover lol 

IMG_4704.jpeg

Yuen Clan reefer madness I used to call it but they must've had so much fun conceptionalizng unheard of weird crap that had no place in their stretch of traditional, kung fu movies. But in this period they acted on creative instincts, and physically manifested them. 

• Like 2

ironfistedmonk

Got my Champions blu ray today, heard something rattling about and thought oh no the case is bost, but no it was a couple of little  football cards with Yuen Biao and Dick Wei on them, pretty cool

• Like 6

Just now, ironfistedmonk said:

Got my Champions blu ray today, heard something rattling about and thought oh no the case is bost, but no it was a couple of little  football cards with Yuen Biao and Dick Wei on them, pretty cool

Yes. Same here. I thought the disc had popped out and scratched, but it was 2 cards of some description. Didn't take much notice in it. I was more interested in Miracle Fighters 3 & 4.

• Like 3

I got my copy today as well:

DSC_4554.thumb.JPG.7c3a7617e2337addce8b9c640a140f15.JPG

1 hour ago, ironfistedmonk said:

In regard to the football cards I need to rewatch it, but still, I think they got the shirt numbers the wrong way round. I think Dick Wei wore 9 and Yuen Biao 10 (and 13 in the intro). I still like the idea of the cards though.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

I thought I'd email Eureka about watching The Young Taoism Fighter and how it reminded me of Kung Fu Wonderchild and whether they had any plans to release it. Unfortunately, no...

I think it would be wonderful to have some commentary on this.

Screenshot_20240915_231107_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I thought I'd email Eureka about watching The Young Taoism Fighter and how it reminded me of Kung Fu Wonderchild and whether they had any plans to release it. Unfortunately, no...

I think it would be wonderful to have some commentary on this.

Screenshot_20240915_231107_Gmail.jpg

Too bad. The KFF custom was fantastic, but I'd love to have KFW on BR. I'm not quite sure, but I believe the DVD I have is a UK release, shouldn't be that hard to track down the rights holder. Not sure if that HD version out there is any indicator of the state of the materials...

THE CHAMPIONS disc is worth getting just to hear Frank Djeng sing the English theme song on the commentary track alone. :laugh And it was another great commentary by him and FJ.

Edited by Niklaus Vogel
  • Like 2

On 9/16/2024 at 11:50 AM, Super Ninja said:

Too bad. The KFF custom was fantastic, but I'd love to have KFW on BR. I'm not quite sure, but I believe the DVD I have is a UK release, shouldn't be that hard to track down the rights holder. Not sure if that HD version out there is any indicator of the state of the materials...

Yea the custom indicated elements were not terrible for Kung Fu Wonder Child and that run of Taiwanese SFX children's films really deserves an extra life. Child Of Peach, Magic Of Spell etc.

• Like 3

Super Ninja

Absolutely. I'd prefer a set with The Child of Peach, Magic of Spell and Magic Warriors, and a standalone release of KWC. Maybe The Twelve Fairies as a bonus movie on the set loaded with as much extras as possible, hopefully someone could track down Chiu Chung-hing and interview him.

Still makes me laugh thinking these are children's films, it's easy to forget with all the eye-gouging, urine drinking, and ass-biting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Absolutely. I'd prefer a set with The Child of Peach, Magic of Spell and Magic Warriors, and a standalone release of KWC. Maybe The Twelve Fairies as a bonus movie on the set loaded with as much extras as possible, hopefully someone could track down Chiu Chung-hing and interview him.

Still makes me laugh thinking these are children's films, it's easy to forget with all the eye-gouging, urine drinking, and ass-biting.

The Japanese VHS rips are better quality than the hardsubbed Chinese versions.

Still haven't watched them though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Well, people usually get farted on, pissed in the face, or fall into poo. So it covers all demographics. I'm a 378 year old man and all of this is my jam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1