The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

Yggdrasil
1 hour ago, lastninja said:

@Yggdrasil: What did you suggest regarding Shaolin Drunkard?

If they had any plans to release it, seeing as it's Miracle Fighters 2, or whether it's permanently unavailable.

Odd that they skipped it. They released the whole of Mr Vampire in a set before.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2

Yggdrasil

I noticed Future Cops has already been discontinued and it's not out until October...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

If they had any plans to release it, seeing as it's Miracle Fighters 2, or whether it's permanently unavailable.

Odd that they skipped it. They released the whole of Mr Vampire in a set before.

Shaolin Drunkard was made with First Films and I heard their films are in a rights limbo of sorts currently. 

• Like 4

Irongod2112
On 9/9/2024 at 4:32 PM, Knetan said:

Shaolin Drunkard was made with First Films and I heard their films are in a rights limbo of sorts currently. 

I've been pushing all the labels to release SHAOLIN DRUNKARD since I first started working with them, it's a huge favorite. Unfortunately the rights are a bit difficult to figure out but hopefully one the labels come through! :)

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 2

1 minute ago, Irongod2112 said:

I've been pushing all the labels to release SHAOLIN DRUNKARD since I first started working with them, it's a huge favorite. Unfortunately the rights are a bit difficult to figure out but hopefully one the labels come through! :)

No doubt we'll hear it first on KFF or the bluey forum. It'll be pukka to have the complete set.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Would love to have Drunken Tai Chi also

Yes, forgot about that one. Thd old man from Miracle Fighters is there in that film too.

I've already seen the HD trailer on YT a few times, so we know there's a better version out than the one we all have on DVD, but it's just not anyone's concern right now to release it.

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
On 9/9/2024 at 1:32 PM, Knetan said:

First Films also owned one of the most requested title MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE and the fact that no other labels have released it tells you they must be a pain to deal with.

Edited by Niklaus Vogel
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 1

10 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Is it a case of no one can say for sure who owns the rights, someone needs to pick them up in order for some kind of ownership to be established? Because we're not talking lost films here I gather.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Niklaus Vogel said:

First Films also owned one of the most requested title MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE and the fact that no other labels have released it tells you they must be a pain to deal with.

I thought it was released on DVD.

• Like 1

venom10463
7 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

It was, by ‎Pathfinder Home Ent.

• Like 1

Doubt the negative exists for Guillotine.was falling apart when Pathfinder released it 

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Doubt the negative exists for Guillotine.was falling apart when Pathfinder released it 

Indeed. Excerpt from John Charles' review of the Pathfinder reissue:

In honor of the movie’s anniversary (actually a bit pre-mature, as it will not be 30 years until 2006), the company has issued a new double disc set featuring the 93 minute Mandarin edition and 90 minute English dub on separate platters. Both share the same anamorphic transfer, which is very much inferior to the old 4:3 letterbox edition. The restored negative picked a great deal of additional wear in the interim, thanks to First Films’ use of it to create new 35mm prints. Ideally, the company should have made a back-up negative beforehand, but they evidently wanted to do it as cheaply as possible, so we are now back to square one with no decent elements left for this movie. In order to try and mask the extra damage, a great deal of digital video noise reduction has been employed to clean the image up, resulting in a very soft, hazy picture. There are also sequences where the colors are quite noticeably out-of-whack. The climactic fight is also marred by numerous instances where frames have been repeated to mask damage, badly effecting the fluidity of the combatants’ movements. While the 4:3 transfer certainly displayed problems, it was crisp and satisfying, considering the condition of the elements. The 16:9 transfer, alas, looks more like a budget video of only slightly higher quality than the junk regularly issued by Xenon, Ground Zero, and Video Asia.

http://www.dighkmovies.com/v5/252/252a.html

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Niklaus Vogel
21 hours ago, Knetan said:

Is it a case of no one can say for sure who owns the rights, someone needs to pick them up in order for some kind of ownership to be established? Because we're not talking lost films here I gather.

First Films owns SHAOLIN DRUNKARD.

14 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I was talking about HD/Blu-Ray.

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
On 9/9/2024 at 4:32 PM, Knetan said:

Wrong thread, but I wish you would have done a commentary for To Kill a Mastermind!  :cool

• Like 1
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, AlexanderFu said:

Wrong thread, but I wish you would have done a commentary for To Kill a Mastermind!  :cool

Well, you're very kind. We weren't asked, most of you all and the labels don't know who we are, AND things didn't end swimmingly with 88 :) I'm sure we could've delivered some information and it really is a special film. 

But stuff coming up for Error, Vinegar Syndrome etc, so we're asked sometimes :)

Edited by Knetan
  • Like 4

AlexanderFu
5 minutes ago, Knetan said:

Well, you're very kind. We weren't asked, most of you all and the labels don't know who we are, AND things didn't end swimmingly with 88 :) I'm sure we could've delivered some information and it really is a special film. 

But stuff coming up for Error, Vinegar Syndrome etc, so we're asked sometimes :)

I'll look for your work, and also look forward to seeing it also. :thumbsup

As much as I respect drawing/painting artists, I'd rather have the original poster if possible, and if not, at least a commentary. I'm really not happy 88 Films switched from A3 posters to 4 cards, or whatever they are. others may feel different. At the very least, all discs put out going forward should have a commentary at minimum. Thank you for your work.

9 hours ago, Niklaus Vogel said:

I was talking about HD/Blu-Ray.

Well you didn't specify that. All you said no company has ever released it.

8 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I'll look for your work, and also look forward to seeing it also. :thumbsup

As much as I respect drawing/painting artists, I'd rather have the original poster if possible, and if not, at least a commentary. I'm really not happy 88 Films switched from A3 posters to 4 cards, or whatever they are. others may feel different. At the very least, all discs put out going forward should have a commentary at minimum. Thank you for your work.

I suppose a quick email to them asking for a return of posters rather than 'postcards' would be nice.

AlexanderFu
12 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

I suppose a quick email to them asking for a return of posters rather than 'postcards' would be nice.

Not worth the bother for me but thank you for the suggestion. 

I'll just stay away from their stuff unless it is worth it for me. people from the company are here and have most likely seen my posts & haven't said a peep. Eureka is much better than them at the moment as far as I am concerned, shipping & product price wise. 

Niklaus Vogel
7 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Well you didn't specify that. All you said no company has ever released it.

Isn't this the Blu-Ray thread? :blush

Edited by Niklaus Vogel

1 hour ago, Niklaus Vogel said:

Isn't this the Blu-Ray thread? :blush

Aye. It is. I don't even bother looking any more. I only go to threads with new notifications. Sorry mate.

• Like 1

ChillyChong

It is pity when eureka! release has truly great cover art they do not include posters. Beach of the wargods, the sword and broken oath are terrific, posters in frames would decorate home nicely.

• Like 1

AlexanderFu
5 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

It is pity when eureka! release has truly great cover art they do not include posters. Beach of the wargods, the sword and broken oath are terrific, posters in frames would decorate home nicely.

88 Films a doesn't do it much either anymore. I would have love the original poster for To Kill a Mastermind. $15 shipping doesn't help either, as well as 60$  for Fong Sai Yuk? 70$ for Project A?

At least Eureka is free shipping. Better value with them right now.

HeavenSword

First time watch for both of these .  I already know this is gonna be some wild shit just by looking at that human wrecking ball with legs and wings in the middle of the cover lol 

IMG_4704.jpeg

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, HeavenSword said:

First time watch for both of these .  I already know this is gonna be some wild shit just by looking at that human wrecking ball with legs and wings in the middle of the cover lol 

IMG_4704.jpeg

Royal mail is slacking. Mine was dispatched 3 days ago. Definitely snail mail.

It would be finally great to see these with proper English subtitles as opposed to the dubtitles that are floating around.

• Like 1