The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

WaverBoy

Man, it’s mass cheaper to order The Champions from Eureka direct than from Amazon US or Orbit DVD. Crazy. I might just do that and suffer with the rating logo on the slip.

bickle14
On 8/15/2024 at 7:09 PM, WaverBoy said:

Man, it’s mass cheaper to order The Champions from Eureka direct than from Amazon US or Orbit DVD. Crazy. I might just do that and suffer with the rating logo on the slip.

This has been the case for every multi-region release they've done. I continue to just buy direct from them. 

• Like 1

Yihetuan
13 minutes ago, Chemical Lemon said:

Geeze….

Eureka is knocking it out of the park 

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=179234&page=2429

Super Spies and Secret Lies (the golden Buddha, the Angel with Iron Fists, and the singing Thief)

and

The Sword!!

Eureka enters the world of SB AND The Sword…. Man….

Finally a decent HD transfer of The Sword. I'm really digging that Darren Wheeling artwork for the SBs box set too.

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

HeavenSword

Yes! Shout out Eureka for venturing into the other genres of Shaw Bros. Now people can see they were more than just kung fu flicks. 
This is also the rare time where I’m actually curious to hear the commentary from Mike & Arne lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lo Wei under contract with Shaw Brothers is a way more watchable director. Plus the groovy 60s flicks are good fun.

• Like 5

ShawAngela

I love the cover of this Eureka Shaws' boxset!

I'm a little bit confused : Eureka releases The Sword, so, the picture we saw on the 88 thread mustn't be The Sword, right?

I hope that there will be a second volume of the spies Shaws'!

• Like 4

AslanBey

The sword looks interesting. 

Any recommendations for this (for a martial arts fan)?

I guess the other SB set is no martial arts?

kuenfist
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, AslanBey said:

The sword looks interesting. 

Any recommendations for this (for a martial arts fan)?

I guess the other SB set is no martial arts?

The Sword is a unique movie because it started the new wave wuxia run in the 80's. It has a different modern style and is a hybrid between the swordsplay movies of the end 70's Shaws and the taiwanese indie productions. It was a new beginning for the wuxia genre. And there are still new movies of today who are influenced from THE SWORD. The Shaw spy set has no martial arts. This are movies in the style of the Eurospy genre wich was very popular at the mid till end 60's in europe and the USA because of the success of the Bond movies.

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 7

ShawAngela
38 minutes ago, kuenfist said:

The Shaw spy set has no martial arts.

There are still fights in the movies. :)

• Like 1

Super Ninja

I have the HK blu, but I'm excited we'll get a properly restored version from Eureka. That's is a beautiful looking cover. 

TheSword-3D-pack-CLEAN-website-500px.jpg.78075ccce224542afb50fea115acddf9.jpg

• Like 6

kuenfist
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

There are still fights in the movies. :)

Yes there are, but not real in the chinese martial art style. It is more like fistfights of old italian action - western movies. The only one that comes near is Angel with the Iron Fists. Don't wanted to complain this is a very nice Boxset highly recommened for every Shaw Brothers fan who is openminded and do not reduce the Shaw movies only to martial arts. And important this movies are better than most of the italian spy movies of the same time !!!

Edited by kuenfist
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

In for both The Sword and the spy flicks...especially the spy flicks. I hope they do another set to include Angel Strikes Again the sequel to the first Angel and Temptress of a Thousand Faces. 

• Like 3

Pandaman
On 8/29/2024 at 8:02 AM, Knetan said:

Lo Wei under contract with Shaw Brothers is a way more watchable director. Plus the groovy 60s flicks are good fun.

When Run Run Shaw has Lo Wei on watch to make sure he's not listening to his horse races while filming.

image.gif.f9a7105aa833430a4f0cf07cc272aaaf.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Pandaman said:

When Run Run Shaw has Lo Wei on watch to make sure he's not listening to his horse races while filming.

image.gif.f9a7105aa833430a4f0cf07cc272aaaf.gif

And that he's not making these 2 hour, boring ass movies that will undoubtedly be cut by 40 minutes in order to even sell abroad. Hence: The Shadow Whip, running 80 minutes. And it's a fine work.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Scottfu said:

In for both The Sword and the spy flicks...especially the spy flicks. I hope they do another set to include Angel Strikes Again the sequel to the first Angel and Temptress of a Thousand Faces. 

Second that, and Temptress would've made a fine inclusion for a volume 1.

• Like 3

image.gif.92d9870103492beca4fc460d98ef8d44.gif

When i finally found a site to pre-order Future Cops without going to an ebayer paying a higher price.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Yggdrasil
On 8/30/2024 at 8:32 PM, lilmanjs said:

Just had to get The Sword. An important classic of wuixa movies!

Yes. I double dipped having bought the Chinese blu 8 months before Eureka said they would be releasing it.

Also, I just had to ask, although it's probably been ask before by others from different fu websites.

Screenshot_20240909_173646_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Buddha Bless You 3