The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

starschwar

And despite being a zany time travel slice of life comedy, it's still probably the most faithful live action Street Fighter movie!

• Like 1

AslanBey

Is there any fighting choreography in future cops (I mean our classic Hong Kong stuff)? The trailer looks entertaining but I couldnt see a martial arts sequence. Just comedy and (nonfighting) action. This will heavily influence my decision to get it or not.

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, starschwar said:

And despite being a zany time travel slice of life comedy, it's still probably the most faithful live action Street Fighter movie!

here-comes-a-new-challenger-street-fight

This is the best SF movie bar none. :cool

• Like 1

Yihetuan
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Is there any fighting choreography in future cops (I mean our classic Hong Kong stuff)? The trailer looks entertaining but I couldnt see a martial arts sequence. Just comedy and (nonfighting) action. This will heavily influence my decision to get it or not.

If you're expecting conventional fight choreography than you'll be disappointed. For example, one of the scenes I remember is...

Spoiler

Simon Yam's character going Reed Richards with his rubber arms to trap Billy Chow and then Andy Lau has Wolverine Admantium claws and just literally bores a hole in his body & Jacky Cheung places a bomb in the residing hole and boom!

If shit like this interests you then it'll be up your alley, if you think it's stupid then it will be waste of money because that's pretty much what you'll get in terms of the fights and action.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

starschwar
27 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

here-comes-a-new-challenger-street-fight

This is the best SF movie bar none. :cool

I somehow failed to be aware this thing existed.  The thumbnail alone makes me inclined to agree.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AslanBey said:

As mentioned by @starschwar, the Ching Siu-tung action actually does seem to understand the tone of what they are doing here, what they are adapting (but can't say they are). So the action scenes might be very pleasing if you are a fan of the Street Fighter (and Dragonball) characters. There's a lot of zany comedy that either is trying, or Wong Jing will win you over possibly.

• Like 3

It's not a great film from an auteur perspective, but the themed action is good and it's downright hilarious in spots. 

Chemical Lemon

I love this movie. It is extremely dumb. And if that’s not something you hear and are like “wow, I’m very interested” then avoid it like the plague. It’s essentially what you get if you take a 90s wuxia comedy with tons of nonsense flying anround and things exploding and bring it into the present and paste street fighter on top of it. The comedy is typical Wong jing and again, if you hear that and are like “I really don’t like Wong jing “ then run from this movie as fast as you can. I echo everything everyone has said, this is not a “good” movie. But the stupidity of the jokes mixed with street fighter kills me every time. It’s also a good opportunity to see a ton of Hong Kong acting legends in the stupidest possible movies before they knew to be embarrassed in this movie

• Like 2

starschwar

To expound for anyone curious about the movie: Do you like City Hunter?  Not just the Street Fighter scene.  The whole thing.  The zaniness, the camp, and above all else, Wong Jing's signature stylized tastelessness (including AIDS jokes)?  If the answer isn't anywhere remotely 'yes', you'll probably hate Future Cops.  Otherwise, it's fun.  Not a classic by any means - but it'll probably make you laugh.  Either at the movie, or at yourself for having enjoyed what you just saw. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 4:06 PM, bickle14 said:

THE DOUBLE CROSSERS (1976, Jeong Chang-hwa) - In the middle of his run directing films for Golden Harvest (such as The Skyhawk and Broken Oath), Jeong Chang-hwa (King Boxer) takes the Hong Kong revenge film on the road, to sometimes middling and at other times to entertaining and surprising effect. As Shin Il-Ryong (The Dragon Lives Again) sets off on his path of revenge, in a world populated with shady bad guys IN shades, Jeong Chang-hwa uses the Hong Kong section well in particular (after having transitioned from Indonesia). Here the select fisticuffs are fast and impactful, with lead Shin Il-Ryong coming off as skillful, and engaged. A couple of surprise deaths for henchmen, like the booby trapped police motorbikes are delightful as well. The majority of the film then takes to Singapore, whose cast and locales are more than welcome to add a different sheen to the Hong Kong film. But the frequency of elements that should populate a violent renegade tale  like this take a little bit of backseat to spotty plotting. But some late breaking scraps, including with Sammo Hung, plot-twists and dynamite ultimately means The Double Crossers squeezes into acceptable diversion. With some eye catching elements along the way. The mixed cast includes Indonesian actress Tuty Kirana, Chen Sing, Michael Chan, Chiu Hung, Shirley Wong and Sukarno M. Noor. Export cut under the same title runs a few minutes shorter. 

• Like 4

Beardys Feather

Nice, I'm looking forward to this. Great director! Very happy to see Eureka pushing the envelope 👏

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
1 hour ago, starschwar said:

I assure you, the full movie is much crazier.

It's absolutely bonkers!

Looks like Frank Djeng now has another commentary partner added to his roster of guests.  UDON Entertainment is the North America distributor of CAPCOM's STREET FIGHTER merchandises.   

• Brand new audio commentary by East Asian film expert Frank Djeng (NY Asian Film Festival) and UDON Entertainment founder and CEO Erik Ko
  • Like 4

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

Ghetto Fighter 2 

For some reason you posting that made me think that can't be a real thing can it? I googled it and it's an actual thing! :rofl

This on the other hand I wish was real.........................

:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

sifu iron perm

Apparently Future Cops has sold plenty as there are only a double digit load left in stock?

Sketcky? 

• Like 1

ChillyChong

Feels bit odd. I am not so much into more comedic stuff but prefer serious tone. However queens ransom&double crossers did not buy. Man called tiger not yet pre-ordered and neither is Broken Oath(I have dvd and movie is masterpiece but unwatched pile is quite large so priority should be on movies now never seen before). But Champions and Future Cops are paid. Moon Lee&soccer and Street Fighter 2 concept are just too strong selling points to ignore.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
23 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

Apparently Future Cops has sold plenty as there are only a double digit load left in stock?

Sketcky? 

IMG-1535.jpg

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw

Future Cops, still a better Mario movie than Super Mario Bros. (1993).

013-Mario-Bros.gif

• Haha 5

starschwar
4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

IMG-1535.jpg

Talk about limited releases!  Thanks for sharing the update. I might have missed out otherwise.  I'm not the biggest fan of the movie, and was pretty happy with my HK DVD.  But I figure, I'd rather have this than regret not having it down the line. 

And heck, if stuff like this sells well, we might finally get some momentum on Fantasy Mission Force!

• Like 3