The Eureka! Entertainment Blu-ray Thread

Chemical Lemon

8 hours ago, nahnahnah said:

Me when I finally get my hand on The Champions disc:

india-fan.gif

Funny! :) But I have to wonder what this lady was getting that apparently sent her into  blissful convulsions? The latest from BTS? Maybe Harry Styles?Jeezus, I wasn't that excited about Arrow's Bruce Lee box set!

thundered mantis

Excellent news! We need another pack with Druken Tai Chi & Shaolin Drunkard.

And also the Child of Peach trilogy, I know it´s quite unrelated to the Yuen´s but it´s similar in the kung fu crazyness dept. Was at least part I or III gonna be released?

Also, Dance of Drunken Mantis and Buddhist Fist? Those are serious kung fu Yuen clan classics...

• Like 9

Super Ninja
1 hour ago, thundered mantis said:

And also the Child of Peach trilogy, I know it´s quite unrelated to the Yuen´s but it´s similar in the kung fu crazyness dept. Was at least part I or III gonna be released?

Also, Dance of Drunken Mantis and Buddhist Fist? Those are serious kung fu Yuen clan classics...

Not so unrelated. The Child of Peach and Magic of Spell were directed by Chiu Chung-hing, YWP's disciple who worked with the clan on Miracle Fighters films. The influence is obvious in his Drunken Dragon.

I'm with you, would love to see these gems on blu.

• Like 3

Yggdrasil
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

I've got the Japanese version of Child of Peach which I found on a Japanese website. Lack of Japanese stopped me from watching it, 🥺

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

tankaray

Magic of Spell might be a possibility. I stumbled across a 1080 version on youtube. It had the Fortune Star intro on it and English subtitles.

• Like 1

Yihetuan
16 hours ago, Bruce said:

Funny! :) But I have to wonder what this lady was getting that apparently sent her into  blissful convulsions? The latest from BTS? Maybe Harry Styles?Jeezus, I wasn't that excited about Arrow's Bruce Lee box set!

That's exactly how I'm going to react if I ever receive that crowdfund book from MW.

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

That's a really cool cover. I also like it when the company logos and everything match colour wise.

Champions.png

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
On 6/27/2024 at 9:02 AM, OldPangYau said:

So funny enough, even though I'm working on this, I could've sworn it was an October release, lol. If all goes well, it will indeed have the alternate Cantonese track as an option with Yuen Biao's theme song 😉

Will the music video to the song be included?

Also, Frank Djeng confirmed that Eureka made an error on the commentary part--he will be doing it with FJ DeSanto. 

• Like 1

Niklaus Vogel
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That's exactly how I'm going to react if I ever receive that crowdfund book from MW.

It's finally coming.  Michael showed a copy of the book in this interview.

• Like 1

Yihetuan
29 minutes ago, Niklaus Vogel said:

It's finally coming.  Michael showed a copy of the book in this interview.

I had to double check to make sure MW opened the book and showed some pages with images because at this point, I was still suspecting it's just a mock-up with blank pages. :laugh Glad it's finally at least in the semi-production stage but until I have it in my warm hands, I'm still skeptical. :mmm

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

Eureka's BEAST FIGHTER two-film, two Blu-ray, collection, which includes the Sonny Chiba karate action classics KARATE BULLFIGHTER and KARATE BEAR FIGHTER is now one of my favorite items in my entire collection. :nerd:

For those unfamiliar, these films are loosely based on Masutatsu "Mas" Oyama, aka "God Hand", who is of Japanese heritage but was born in South Korea, and was the creator of Kyokushin Karate. Oyama wrote a reportedly "heightened" biography, which inspired a further exaggerated version of his life in a manga series called Karate Baka Ichidai (A Karate-Crazy Life) that appeared in a weekly magazine, which was in turn the basis for an animated series, which then led to three live action movies starring Sonny Chiba (who was a student of Oyama). Liberties were taken. :wink: But if memory serves me, there is footage of Oyama tangling with bulls (and maybe a bear. Certainly his students do) in the three STRONGEST KARATE documentaries from Japan. Footage from these was edited into the US-released documentary FIGHTING BLACK KINGS (1976). There's also a 2004 South Korean film about Oyama's early life called FIGHTER IN THE WIND (a more artful depiction than the karate exploitation films starring Chiba, which improbably, given some of the story's depictions of him, were supervised by Oyama who was a technical advisor on the trilogy). Oyama was quite a "showman" who knew how to publicize his martial arts with wild stunts, but his extreme, no-nonsense karate style is legitimate and still practiced throughout the world (it's the style Dolph Lundgren practices).

When I initially found the first movie as CHAMPION OF DEATH (its US title) it was an English dubbed, full-screen version that was many generations removed from the original. So, blurry, washed-out colors and around 40% of the action cropped off the sides. But I still loved it. :D I enjoyed the dub that Peter Hernandez and crew did, the same people responsible for the original English dub on THE STREET FIGHTER- a fave of mine (as many of you know).  Mostly, I'm partial to viewing films in their original language with subtitles. Still, there are a few that I also enjoy watching dubbed (according to the mood I'm in) like SHOGUN ASSASSIN (as opposed to the original films it was culled from) and the early Godzilla films. Thanks to Cliff Mac Millan, KARATE BULLFIGHTER, and its sequels KARATE BEAR FIGHTER and KARATE FOR LIFE were finally released on DVD letterboxed, subbed, and uncut with Japanese audio via Adness/BCI Eclipse, and I've happily viewed them that way now for decades. Now, Eureka Entertainment has released the first two films in "The Oyama Trilogy" as the "BEAST FIGHTER" Blu-ray collection (the third film, KARATE FOR LIFE, is available on Shout Factory's terrific SONNY CHIBA COLLECTION Vol. 2 Blu-ray set). I was thrilled to see that this film's English dub is included, so for the first time, I got to hear that audio track while seeing it via a beautiful, uncut, widescreen print. Pure joy!

I'm a big fan of the whole movie, but the climactic battle where Chiba's Oyama stalks (like a mad martial arts tiger in human form) and demolishes 60 enemies through the tall grass is a scene I revisit frequently. :bigsmile: It never loses its power or indescribable cool.

In addition, Eureka includes the alternate opening credits for the US version, the original Japanese theatrical trailer, the US TV spot/ trailer (love it!), an informative and enjoyable feature called "In Search of the Ultimate Truth" by Jonathan Clements, and a fun audio commentary by Mike Leeder and Arne Venema.

The KARATE BEAR FIGHTER is a strong follow-up with even more action consistently throughout the film. This one is in Japanese with optional English subtitles. BTW, the subs for both films are fantastic and even include translations of song lyrics. I applaud that decision. There isn't an English dub for this one, but I don't think one was ever made. The Japanese theatrical trailer is included. The set also has a booklet with writing by Eddie Falvey (which I haven't had a chance to read yet).

Thanks very much, Eureka, this set kicks ass!

• Like 11

Chemical Lemon

Broken Oath!!!!!  YES!  Love this one, my favorite Angel Mao

• Like 4
  • Love 3

MobFu1972
Just now, MobFu1972 said:

Screenshot_20240718_092640_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240718_092630_Instagram.jpg

This is my All Time Favorite Angela Mao Film. This Blu-ray is at the top of my Wish List. Stupendous Amazing  Announcement!!!! It would have been nice if the original poster was the slip cover but the artwork isn't too bad. I need them to put out The Himalayan next 🙏🙏. I like that they got a new Bruce Leung interview on the extras. 

Buddha Bless Eureka🥋👊🐉👍🔥🐲☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Like 9

ironfistedmonk

Been hoping to see this one pop up, great stuff Eureka

• Like 4

Irongod2112

Broken Oath will include a never before seen Extended Version plus the shorter HK theatrical cut that most of us are familiar with. :)

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Buddha Bless You 3

ShawAngela
40 minutes ago, Irongod2112 said:

Broken Oath will include a never before seen Extended Version plus the shorter HK theatrical cut that most of us are familiar with. :)

yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Like 2

thelastweaponmaster
9 hours ago, Irongod2112 said:

Hopefully this is the complete version rather than the edited version that it seems most people are familiar with in recent releases. I remember seeing this in a local GH theatre and remember a lot more skin that was in the movie than was in the edited version.  The complete version showed the lengths the mother of Mao Ying's character went to, to increase the chances of her getting pregnant to ensure chances of future revenge for what was done to her family. 

• Like 1

kuenfist

Broken Oath a dream come true !!!! This year is killing the fu department in releases ever .... Only in the year Celestial started to bring out Shaw Brothers on DVD we had such an output of fu on disc and that is 20 years ago !!!!

• Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 1

tomgray2404

I've been hoping for Broken Oath for a long time. This is brilliant NEWS! I am ALL OVER IT!

The Himalayan and The Tournament would round off a dynamite Angela Mao run.

• Like 3

Irongod2112

Be on the look out for a special announcement for an Eureka store exclusive today! :)

• Like 8

ChillyChong
Posted (edited)

Future Cops....I do not know this movie but as Ken Lo and Billy Chow around, I'm in:pandakungfu

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Future Cops....I do not know this movie but as Ken Lo and Billy Chow around, I'm in:pandakungfu

It's Wong Jing's Street Fighter and Dragonball. Also some Super Mario thrown in there. But he can't say any of these characters are from these properties.

• Like 3